Forum Marketing Tips?

Dopani

Almost people are using forum marketing as a free method to drive traffic and increase visitors to your landing pages, it is one of the best internet marketing strategies and I see it more effective for my website.

Do you guys think it's a good method for marketing a business online? Your comments would be appreciated.

RDO Servers

I don't think you will find much SEO benefit on forum posting, but there is still benefit.

If you take the time to contribute to a forum, help others out, and build relationships, there is a great benefit, that far outweighs the simple backlinks.

Adam Yunker

Hello!

Definitely! It's super powerful stuff! Especially that it's completely free and very targeted traffic.

Also, there's an element that some people miss and that is you are building a relationship with your soon to be subscribers before they even subscribe.

I absolutely love forum marketing just because I like going around and helping people answer questions because it makes me understand things better when I explain it to other people.

That's just my thoughts though, I get anywhere from 10-20 subscribers usually from 10ish post/day which isn't bad!

That means in just 10 days I get 100 new subscribers completely free!

I usually do this until I get my first couple sales then optimize my sales funnel so ever $1 I spend on a solo ad I make that back and then profit later on by promoting higher end products, but I've come to love forum marketing so I just like to do it for fun :)

Hopefully that was helpful :)

Take care, Adam

professorrosado

Can be very good if you do it well. What will you focus on? What will entice visitors to sign up an interact with your forum? I don't think "if you build it they will come". If they do, they may bounce away like the flash bouncing ball.

I believe that you have an easy way to make your forum unique and give it a lot of sticking power. This depends on how you are approaching your niche in its entirety. Maybe, when you get it started you can come back here and ask the community for their reviews and we can go from there.

ioZoom

People have been doing forum marketing since forums were invented and as others have said it's free and it's targeted. Just follow the rules and don't spam.

ulterios

Forum marketing can be good if done properly. To be the most effective you'll need to be on forum sites that are related to the product/service/website that you are marketing.

Some key things that you should do in those forums:

When replying to a post or starting a thread, make sure what you post is good and doesn't come across as Spam or useless.

Contribute good quality replies and threads sharing good helpful information.

Don't do it just to market, but to share information and help others. People will respect you more and that will increase the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.

Do NOT go around and reply to everything that you possibly can. Reply to threads that you can offer good info, help or advice. If you see a thread that you can't contribute in a positive way to then avoid posting just to get seen. It will make you look cheap and like a spammer.

No 2,3,4 word replies. People will see this as a cheap effort to either increase you visibility or your post count. Too many times people will post replies like "Good Info", "Nice Post", "Thanks", etc. and it just looks like a poor excuse to reply.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views