Do domain authority and page authority influence SEO?

epicstate

I checked some offers from web marketplaces and they seem wanted to show their site DA and PA as good features for buyers know.
Do domain authority and page authority influence SEO? If yes then how can I improve the domain authority and page authority of my site?

Miguelito203

If, by domain authority, you mean how long a site has been in existence, then yeah, that is a metric that the search engines use to rank sites. The search engines like to see growth. The average blog is only maintained for a few months before it goes dormant. The longer a site is around, the more authoritative it's thought to be. Said site will have more content for its visitors. Thus, people will spend more time on the site (another metric). Over time, said site will start to build links naturally as well. From what I've read, Google page is still used, it's just not published like before.

Joey

SrikanthR56

DA/PA and MozRank, the factors which Moz uses are indicative of your Websites position in the Search Index in some way or the other. While they are not absolute forms of measure like Pagerank, they are important.

UVM

Of course they are important. The way Moz analyzes any website and provides those numbers is based on a collection on information about how search engines view websites. They are one of the best tools that will give you the closes answer of how you are doing as a website in contrast to what engines are looking for.

However I will agree with you that the score it self doesn't do anything. What the score represents does.

ulterios

I read a lot of material related to SEO and I have never seen anything stated by Google that DA & PA are ranking factors. There are several people throughout the SEO world who think that they are factors, but that's just their theory. Since Google isn't going to tell everyone exactly what factors they use to rank a website, a lot of things are just guesses and theories.

However, it certainly can't hurt if a domain has some DA & PA. If you were deciding between 2 basically identical in all other factors and one had a higher DA & PA, then you might want to choose that one since it might matter in some way.

SEOPub

SEOPub
Of course Google does not use DA or PA. It is a third party metric of Moz's based on Moz's crappy link database. It would be entirely useless to Google to use anything put out by Moz. Google has far more data and is light-years ahead of anything Moz has in terms of the capability of using and understanding that data.

Moz is a company that has barely ever turned any kind of profit and has had to rely on investors to keep it going. Google is worth over $350 billion. There is no comparison in their capabilities.

djone

DA and PA are tools or facilities provided by Moz. These Da and Pa not directly affect to the rank into the google. But good DA and PA shows your work as per Moz. if you are doing good and quality work then obvilously as per MOZ your sites DA and PA will increase. SO for the reference to do quality work DA and PA helps a lot.

hrishivardhan

DA and PA are meant to approximate how competitive a given site is in Google.com. Since Google takes a lot of factors into account, a metric that tries to calculate it must incorporate a lot of factors, as well. So, these are not the only factors that affects Google rankings.

UVM

DA and PA are a good start when looking at how you are doing but I would agree with SEOpub you cant only rely on that. You would have to dig deeper. You have to understand that DA and PA are a score that factor in HUNDREDS of things, in a way its a average score for all the categories. To do great you have to dig deep in each category.

I have grown many sites using DA and PA and indicators and I have done very well.

vishwa

DA and PA are indicative measures provided by MOZ. I personally don't rely on these measures as I am focus on creating quality contents and backlinks which helps me to gain good rankings in Google. DA and PA are similar things like Alexa ranking which has nothing to do with SEO and your rankings in Google.

SenseiSteve

There seems to be a huge contrast of opinions on domain and page authority. I've been looking at DA and PA for some time now, but essentially focus on providing value add content for the visitor, all the while attempting to follow Google's guidelines.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.