What is a VPN and how to use it?

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
Can someone tell me what is a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and how to use it?

I read some posts from some guys telling about this but I don't know what it is and need an explanation about it

Thanks in advanced.

SEOPub

Apparently your Google is down, so...

It is a secured connection to the internet or some other network. It usually runs with some sort of client side program.

For example, Hide My Ass is probably the most popular one right now. You install their software on your computer and basically just turn it on. There is nothing complex about using one.

It is designed to encrypt any data you are sending over the internet and protects it from being intercepted. Not 100% effective, but much better than a naked connection.

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
Sorry I'm very lazy to search via Google, like using forums to find exact answers from which I want..

Have you got experience with it...I've not ever used it before :) just want to know which case I should this software?

Can it hide my IP and is it free or paid software?

Nina7788

VPN is a service that lets you access the web safely and privately by routing your connection through a server and hiding your online actions. Thanks to VPN you can unblock geo-restricted sites, protect your data, use some apps freely and browse safely on public networks. Of course, there are free services, but I guess, it is better to choose the paid ones because of the higher quality. Also there is a possibility to have blacklisted IP addresses using a free VPN. Hope it helps!

Last edited:

nilpotter

Can someone tell me what is a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and how to use it?

I read some posts from some guys telling about this but I don't know what it is and need an explanation about it

Thanks in advanced.
A virtual private network is called VPN which is the simplest way to keep your privacy online. It creates a secure connection to you and your network.

Brill Mindz

VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. The “standard” definition is that is provides a secure tunnel (using encryption) between 2 known end-points. The secure tunnel prevents others from tapping in and listening for your information, such as bank accounts, passwords/PIN’s, etc.

The purpose is security and privacy. It may be the only means to connect to a resource across a network or even across the internet. So the security can extend a “secure network environment” outside the confines of an office, allowing a person to log in via VPN and access resources they would normally only be able to access if they were at work.

Armorica

In two words, VPN allows you to change your IP address to the IP address of any country you want. For example, some users use VPN to get access to blocked resources in their country

Wagstaff

VPN is a program or addon that helps you to change your IP adress in some seconds, imagine that you are watching some sites throw other connection from other PC.

Freddie Sherman

A VPN connection establishes a secure connection between you and the internet. Via the VPN, all your data traffic is routed through an encrypted virtual tunnel. This disguises your IP address when you use the internet, making its location invisible to everyone. A VPN connection is also secure against external attacks.

Here’s how to surf securely with a VPN
A VPN encrypts your surfing behaviour, which can only be decoded with the help of a key. Only your computer and the VPN know this key, so your ISP cannot recognize where you are surfing. Different VPNs use different encryption processes, but generally function in three steps:

1. Once you are online, start your VPN. The VPN acts as a secure tunnel between you and the internet. Your ISP and other third parties cannot detect this tunnel.
  2. Your device is now on the local network of the VPN, and your IP address can be changed to an IP address provided by the VPN server.
  3. You can now surf the internet at will, as the VPN protects all your personal data.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.