Which image format is good for SEO?

CyberAlchemist

I read on this forum that .jpg files are more welcomed by Google but not sure it's exact, just putting a question here
Does image format affect for image SEO? if so which image format is good for SEO?
Please share your thoughts!

djone

Best image format for SEO

I read on this forum that .jpg files are more welcomed by Google but not sure it's exact, just putting a question here
Does image format affect for image SEO? if so which image format is good for SEO?
Please share your thoughts!
.jpg, .png and .gif is the best image format for SEO. Any kind of format you have added, if you add Alt tags, Title and Caption and Description into images then it will be always helpful. Just take care of image size and image quality. Your image must be of a small size and must be best quality.

sagabizsolutions

All format of images are good. But google can not read the images should use alt tag for images.

ulterios

The format of the image won't matter. What matters is the size (KB,MB,Whatever) of the image and smaller is better. Not really for SEO, but smaller file size images will load quicker and as a result, a faster loading page thus some (although not always much) SEO benefit.

Use whatever format is the smallest, while keeping the image looking good. If you have an image that has some transparent parts, then use PNG or GIF.

Going on personal experience from my many websites, the PNG images seem to look more clear throughout the many different devices (computer, tablet, phone).

Newille

The format of the image doesn't matter for seo. You need to use alt atribute for images using keywords in it. Also pay attention to omage size, because it can slow down page load speed, which is very important.

hina

According to my personal experience any format of an image is useful except GIF pictures, that are too heavy to be loaded as they have several multi layers, so we must upload small and optimized images on our website to enhance page speed and user experience as well.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
joe
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.