Alexa vs. Google Analytics

CyberAlchemist

What are the differences between Alexa and Google Analytics? I'm just curious which one will give you better results when measuring web traffic?

Does anyone have any feedback on each one?

vishwa

Google analytics is far better than Alexa. Analytics provide you most accurate and precise traffic data. Alexa only provide you a average rough estimation of your site traffic. So, Always go with Google Analytics.

tdadkins

google analytics is the best, not only due to the low cost (free!) but it also captures all of the traffic to your site. Just go with what is free and the best!

Miguelito203

What are the differences between Alexa and Google Analytics? I'm just curious which one will give you better results when measuring web traffic?

Does anyone have any feedback on each one?
What some have said is true. You need Google analytics to find out specific stuff about your site. Alexa is skewed because it's based on the people that have it installed. One thing I will say it's good for is like if you're in a niche and a launch is about to happen. If you know what the standard Alexa ranking for a site that's just getting started is, you can kind of use that as a gauge to know if a product is taking off (measure the difference day-by-day).

Joey

thakurblogger

Google analytics provide better analysis of a website than Alexa. And Google Analytic tool is free as well, so its better than Alexa for sure :)

DonaldWoods

While both Google and Alexa offer on-site analytics features, there are some distinct differences. The most important distinction is how we measure, collect and display your data and insights.

freehdwalls

google analytics is significantly better than Alexa. Stats provide you most exact and precise visitors data. Alexa just provide you a normal rough estimation of the site traffic. Therefore , Always go with Yahoo Analytics.

hikmat_tony

Google analytics is much better than Alexa. alexa is useless but analytic is made for improving the website traffic by focusing on present traffic.

Analytic contains the information about your exact traffics, you can create Goal and many things.

janejury

as my knowledge, alexa is traffic rank checker for your site. google analytics is much better and more specific. from GA as long as you are hoster of that web, you can find all things are happening with your site: how many visits daily? where do they come from? how long they stay at your site, etc. i just want to say it is wonderful tool up to now.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Mvk
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.