Is PHP difficult to learn for beginners?

arindamb

I know PHP but I'm not a professional PHP programmer. But I'd like to use php to build any websites and I think it is a great language to learn. How easy or difficult would PHP be for a beginner or could you suggest any alternatives?

RDO Servers

Php is a great language to know. The majority of sites on the internet are written in php.

Now hard is it to learn?
That depends on the person, your background, etc. It is do'able for anyone. My 8yo is currently learning Python.

The important thing is to not be afraid to try!

clickcloudit

i heard that best is to start with c+ so you can get a main base of how programming language works, then any other should be easy to learn

EasySiteNetwork

PHP is one of those languages you can pick up and learn the basic's of fairly easily. However to become a 'Good' PHP developer you really have to have a strong understanding of good programming techniques, design patterns and a solid base of other technical skills. Most people can put up a few simple web forms with PHP fairly easily, but to build a really large site or work for the bug guys, you have to have spend years learning the right way to do it.

projectpop

I recently came across this article regarding programming is not for everyone, interesting read.

I forgot where it is from but the title goes something like..

"don't believe anyone who tells you learning to code is easy"

Sandra

Most OS web platforms are written in php (if not all of them?), so you have the advantage of an interesting playground to learn. I think php is the way to go. Maybe python, but haven't played with that one at all.

Can you get really good at it? That enters the art arena. I have the gut feeling that you can if that is what you want.

jordyjl

I should started with basic html codes if you turned in coding for the first time here. I has started with HTML in the begin and scripts where mostly written in PHP so yeah, in the meantime you might learn it will slowly easy.

I still use HTML witch is easy for me to build website but there are also programs to build website as well.

LuxVM

Hello arindamb,

I would say you wouldn't know until you tried to learn to see if it was difficult to learn, it varies on different people.

Have you tried a company called udemy.com they have some great courses on there that can help you with this, some are free, and some are paid.

here is a free course i found which might help you: [URLnofo]https://www.udemy.com/php-mysql-tutorial/[/URLnofo]

if you want to see other php courses available here is a link: [URLnofo]https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?q=php+beginner&src=ukw&lang=en[/URLnofo]

I hope this helps and good luck :)

hrishivardhan

PHP is easy or not for you it is depends on you. How your programming basics are clear. To learn PHP there are many sources and videos on the Internet available. Pick any one of them and start learning. By experience you will find various problems and solutions to the problems. W3schools is one of the best sources to learn PHP.

hmb-robert

If you are familiar with basic programming languages like HTML and c, c++ then you can easily learn PHP.

Now a days internet provides you many sources where you can learn step by step languages like php.

I will suggest you to start from basic PHP tutorials.

WebmasterPhil

PHP is a necessity these days. It's right there behind HTML, CSS, and Javascript (or JQuery). Every web designer should learn PHP. Is it hard for beginners? It depends if you have any programming or scripting language background. If not, then there's going to be a long learning curve.

Given how popular WordPress is these days, knowledge of PHP will help you understand and edit some of the files, as WordPress source files are mostly PHP files.

If you are beginning PHP, start with Javascript first. After getting a good handle on that, then begin learning PHP.

samimnoorzaitgc

I know PHP but I'm not a professional PHP programmer. But I'd like to use php to build any websites and I think it is a great language to learn. How easy or difficult would PHP be for a beginner or could you suggest any alternatives?
Difficult for beginners?
Ask yourself, why you are a beginner in PHP? You are beginner because you have recently began to learn PHP. You'll be soon an advanced, intermediate and even a professional PHP programmer if you keep learning, it doesn't mean you'll remain a beginner forever :D

So, if you really intend to learn PHP, go on then, keep learning and one day you'll be a professional programmer.

One good thing with PHP is that you can work as a freelancer, there are lots of jobs on freelancing websites that you may finish with your PHP programming knowledge and get paid.

Thanks
Good luck

vishwa

Php is one of the popular programing language. Anybody can learn it. All you have to Buy a PHP book and start practicing the codes under a instructor or helper who can sort out your errors. You can also join some institute to learn it.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
PHP is not difficult if you learn it right ways and specially learn it from real web projects.
I don't see any programming languages to develop websites that popular than PHP at this time.
So I would recommend learning it if you are a new and wanted to build websites online by yourself

hostguy

PHP language is not that much language, it is a combination of c, c++ and HTML. You can also learn from online courses and after that you have to do practice as much as you can.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views