Reasons why you need to upgrade your hosting plan?

trustdnb

What I'm just curious what are the reasons make you upgrade a hosting place?

Of course the big problem is Traffic on your site. If it was too big and your hosting could not handle that amount, you can need to think about update hosting plan.

We can not let website more downtime by traffic problem because "More traffic = More sales"

Another reasons I'm curious also depend on how much bandwidth, disk space or limitations on emails/mysql database?

ulterios

There are several reasons that you would want to upgrade your hosting.

1. You are getting an increasing amount of traffic and using up all your bandwidth allowances.

2. Your site or sites are loading slowly because your hosing plan doesn't have enough resources for your type of site/s (RAM, CPU, etc.)

3. You want to add more websites to your account and your plan is already full of the # they allow.

4. You are looking for a better hosting package with better performance due to type/resources/etc.

5. You want to go with something more reliable.

6. Some hosts give priority support to upgraded hosting packages over the lower end packages.

There are many reasons, but these are some of the key ones that are reasons that many people upgrade their hosting plan.

SenseiSteve

As noted, there are lots of reasons to upgrade. Some more might include landing a project that requires a more complex type of web hosting like cloud services or suddenly receiving lots of alerts that your site is down for prolonged periods of time.

michaelswengel

More storage space, more features, better speeds, etc. It depends on the host you use.

Personally I use a Hostgator baby plan because I don't need some of the features of the more expensive plans.

If you're running a site that gets thousands of visitors a day, you would want a faster, reliable host, and maybe a dedicated server.

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
With HostGator and most other EIG owned providers, upgrading your plan isn't so much about getting more features but by having access to more RAM. For example, a traditional hosting provider will give users access to 256-512MB of RAM to power their websites. EIG brand hosts start out at 128MB-256MB depending, which is very little if you plan on running a website that sees more than a couple users online at any given time.

Dakoom

More RAM for me. I was on a shared enviroment with more than 10 websites.

LowEndXeon

Thats where they get you with ram, you would need it for a fast site. If you have the traffic. Normally your fine with baby plan! (Never used it myself)

radwebhosting

With some companies' smallest web hosting plans, a dedicated IP address is not available. For ecommerce sites and other sites that collect user information, they would need to upgrade to a plan that would allow them to have a dedicated IP address for the benefits of SSL encryption, which is not possible on a shared IP address.

jordyjl

By upgrade give the company more money but they giving you more and better allowances, and most yearly plan or huge price they giving you a free domain and free SSL, but some does giving it as well by cheap upgraded plan a free domain and/or ssl. Here are even people who offer cheap hosting and awsome features includes!

chrisparker

Well there are multiple reasons behind the plan upgrade and cases should be as below :

1. Number of websites to be hosted with hosting plan
2. Web space and bandwidth allowed for hosting plan
3. Assigned resources like memory, sessions, visitors limit etc for the hosting plan

There are the basic reasons behind the upgrade.

bacloud

For a reliability and stability I recommend to avoid shared hosting at all. VPS perfectly do the work. In shared hosting any user can overload whole server ( CloudLinux is trying to stop this, but it is still not good for some kind of activity ).

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
jms
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.