Drive traffic using StumbleUpon?

arindamb

Hi everyone,
Has anyone tried to get traffic using StumbleUpon? I tried but it does not work for me. am I doing wrong way?

djone

Stumble upon is a helpful to get traffic but not as such a way as other major social media are affected like Twitter, Facebbok and Google Plus. For stumble upon find pages about your services/products and like and follow them. Follow also the same people who are related to your products/services' categories. Install add ons of stumbles upon and use all the facilities from that add ons. Add ons will help you a lot.

omarsaady

Before you think to use Stumble upon to get traffic, the main secret to StumbleUpon success is having great content. Sales pages and product info pages will not get you far

Personally, every time I post article on my blog, I share it on stumble upon. But not every post has the same amount of visitors.

I found this awesome info graphic on how to use Stumble upon effectively for marketing and driving traffic
How-to-Use-StumbleUpon-for-Marketing-and-Drive-web-Traffic-infographic.png

RebeccaDooley

StumbleUpon is one of the best traffic generators among the top social media sites with sharing the great content. Essentially, if your content does well on StumbleUpon, it stands a good shot. The ways to generate traffic from the StumbleUpon, followed as Get Organic Stumbles, Share Content with Su.pr on Other Networks, Build a Following Base & last if not getting traffic then use StumbleUpon Paid Discovery. Though from these ways to generate more traffic from the StumbleUpon.

newsdeals

I have tried StumbleUpon before and I would say that if you want massive traffic to your website for short terms, then it would be good.

However, almost traffic from StumbleUpon will make your bounce rate increase as the exit rate is very high. People just watch one page that you submit and then they leave :)

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
Solving the bounce rate problem is all about making your content interactive, flashy, and simple. Have you ever heard of 3js? It's a 3D library in pure javascript. High visuals help with bounce rate in every case.

Unity

I tried stumbleupon is garbage trafic in my opinion. It leaves high bounce rates. I prefer reddit.

Harry P

Harry P
In the same boat, I left it because it didn't have any traffic from this network. Maybe I have less followers so that it is hard to drive traffic to my sites.

markbatham

Earlier Stumbleupon was great way to drive traffic even I've drive 500 visits per day but now its not working, may be earlier it was do-follow and easy to use but now links submitted to Stumbleupon gives a crap destination page which is no-follow (encrypted).
But at that time also this traffic was not reliable as bounce rate was 100% on it.

hrishivardhan

This is the perfect example for driving traffic not from the stumble upon but from any medium what you should care about is good, unique and engaging content which can be absorb by the user.

Cameron Hill

Hey there, yeah I agree with most people's replies above.

If you have great, eye-catching content, StumbleUpon will work wonders for you. Just think, if I was skimming through websites, would this make me want to stay? Is it a video/blog post with a bold title for example (in font and the fact that the title stands out too).

If you're trying to drive someone to an average squeeze page, it's probably quite average traffic as people will visit your site and leave right away. And like newsdeals has said, it'll make your opt-in percentages lower for that squeeze page, so just be aware of that.

hipporeview

I think now Stumbleupon is not good for your website anymore. It is like Hitleap, will increase your bounce rate.
Nowaday, i think best social network for you is Facebook, twitter, and Google+. There are many tool are developed to help us get more traffic from those social media.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.