Digital marketing site for students!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdadkins

Hey all,

My site is all about digital marketing and students, it is not a pro site for an expert to learn things, just a place for anyone with a passing interest in digital marketing/social media to see if this is a topic they want to learn more about. I think im getting good views but my bounce rate is high, most visitors see one or two articles and bounce. I think my theme is bad too, any FREE suggestions for a good theme?

Here is the link bestdigitalmarketingprogramsblog.com

Thanks for any suggestions guys, have a great day! :ertery:

Last edited by a moderator:

end

Hey,
I would suggest you to search for better theme and set it up.There a lot free themes for wordpress around.
Also i think that you should put more plugins which are going to increase the interaction with the website. And please split your footer, if you do you will gain far better look.

Ron Killian

This is meant to be constructive...

Sorry to say, I would bounce too. Don't mean to be rude, it's just so boring and kind of dreary looking. Kind of depressing. For sure you need some images. For starters maybe a nice logo? Then some images on your posts.

This might be personal opinion, but I think the best are blogs with a front page that shows excepts of posts, like 100 characters with an image. So readers can scan a bunch of content and pick what they want to read. I think it's better than making readers/visitors go through a whole post to get to the next, and the next. If they din't like the first post, they will probably leave. Guess it's like giving them a easy way to choose. And frankly it should make your blog look like it has more content.

I hit the content and it's just big block for boring text. My mind is thinking, this is going to be "work". But maybe it's suppose to be that way, being academic? I might be off base? Just don't like reading content like that myself.

There are plenty of way to dress up your content besides just images (though they can be a great help). For example, I use a plugin called Intense, which gives me a ton of shortcode that will dress up my content. Like cool quote's, box, text formatting, ect. Plenty of plugins like that out there.

As for a good theme, sorry, that's like asking what car should I buy? No idea. At the very least you could start with the theme's Wordpress puts out. Ones that come default with wordpress. Not the best, but not the worst. There are just so many theme's out there. Or go to wordpress.org and start going through the free theme's until you find one that you like, that will fit you needs.

Does this help? Again, don't mean to be negative.

Hawker

Hi there tdadkins, as you're using WP I would also say, definitely you need a different theme. Something much better looking. The current colours don't seem to compliment each other. There appears to be too much grey color and your posts don't appear to have any images. You could really brighten things up by adding some images into your posts. Images speak a thousand words.

Also (and this one is just my pedanticness coming through) I think you should always make your Post Titles to be Captalized as that will give them more appeal. You're on the right track though so good luck! :)

Buzzgrain

I like the theme! the layout is very bland though. I would add some images that pertain to the content

freehdwalls

I recommend you to search for better theme and set up. There a lot no cost themes for wordpress around.
Also i do think that you should put additional plugins which are likely to increase the interaction with all the website. And make sure you split your footer, if you do you will gain far better look.

Samm

Genesis themes:
http://my.studiopress.com/themes/

They're more expensive but you will get a very good look from one.

Plus, I've found them to be fairly fast loading, responsive and cleanly coded. Those are good things to have in a theme for mobile rankings.

With free themes, you can't be sure you'll get your question answered and a fix issued if something breaks. With paid themes, you can open a ticket and they'll help. I think they're refundable too - but you'll probably find a good fitting theme and won't want to go back. : )

EpicGlobalWeb

Alright so it's no secret now that you need a new theme. But that wasn't your only problem. You don't just have a design issue, you have a conversion issue. There are no obvious calls-to-action on your front page. Even if a user can go through your original content, there isn't really anything pushing him/her to take any further action.

mellisas

Yes, its true you need to be change your theme and use some slider in header to make website little more impressive.

ZAPPY

Have you given up on the website @tdadkins?

Went to have a look so could give feedback and got this screen message:

---
bestdigitalmarketingprogramsblog.com recently expired!
Oh no!

"best digital marketing programs"
is not available at the domain
bestdigitalmarketingprogramsblog.com right now.

This domain expired, and it has to be renewed before it is lost.
---

Nudge, nudge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.