.club domains good or bad?

Shole

I got myself two catchy .club domains, but I am unsure if they will be good, so I wanted to ask if it's the same procedure as the .com domains or do I have to do something different to get my domains on the top pages of google?
Is it harder to rank .club extensions than .com or .net?

SEOPub

They are a fairly new TLD, so nobody is really going to be able to tell you with any absolute certainty. Generally, TLD is not considered by Google. I'm killing it with a .xyz domain right now in a fairly competitive niche. Only way to find out will be to test it.

Shole

Shole
I guess that's true, one cannot forse the popularity of something new so easily. I guess I will give it my best and just try to make it to the top

@michaelswengel , I got some nice sounding domains that are easy to remember, so far they are serving the purpose

michaelswengel

I'm not a fan of the newer TLD's personally, but if it fits your domain's title and purpose, then why not? I wouldn't say it's good or bad. It depends on the content of your site.

vishwa

I recommend you to use .com domains to get most out of it. .club domains are new domain extension and it will take some time to throw any suggestions regarding it.

ulterios

The .club extension isn't going to matter as far as how you get your site to rank. Just worry about what's on your site and don't even think about the extension.

As far a resale value the new extensions aren't going to fetch the top prices should you decide to sell it, but for development purposes just do everything that you would do as if it was a .com.

SEOPub

Just a side note to this. For SEO, the TLD is really not going to matter other than if you grab a geo-specific TLD and are trying to rank outside that area.

For paid advertising or any kind of click through ads you are running, it also will not matter.

However, if you are planning on getting people to return to your site on their own, I probably would not use any alternative TLD without also owning the .com version also. People are very used to typing in .com at the end of domain names. If you build up a following, you are likely to also inadvertently generate traffic for the .com version (a competitor) as people type that in out of habit when meaning to visit your site.

michaelswengel

Just make sure you don't pick a .CA, .CO.UK, .TK, or any other nation-specific TLD if that isn't your target market. Keep in mind that .COM, .NET, .ORG. etc and other non-geotargeted TLDs can rank anywhere globally. You're going to have a harder time ranking a geotargeted TLD outside of that region.

Shole

I recommend you to use .com domains to get most out of it. .club domains are new domain extension and it will take some time to throw any suggestions regarding it.
I see thanks for that :D

The .club extension isn't going to matter as far as how you get your site to rank. Just worry about what's on your site and don't even think about the extension.

As far a resale value the new extensions aren't going to fetch the top prices should you decide to sell it, but for development purposes just do everything that you would do as if it was a .com.
This was my concern at first as well but I had to go with the cheaper option since the .com was taken. But anyway I think as a .club it has a catchy name so it should be easy to remembered(I was trying different domains out just to make sure I have one that is easier to remember)

Just a side note to this. For SEO, the TLD is really not going to matter other than if you grab a geo-specific TLD and are trying to rank outside that area.

For paid advertising or any kind of click through ads you are running, it also will not matter.

However, if you are planning on getting people to return to your site on their own, I probably would not use any alternative TLD without also owning the .com version also. People are very used to typing in .com at the end of domain names. If you build up a following, you are likely to also inadvertently generate traffic for the .com version (a competitor) as people type that in out of habit when meaning to visit your site.
I see that indeed was another one of my concerns that it would somehow affect my SEO score and that it would take me a while longer to be able to rank the domain up. The problem is the .com was already taken so I was forced to use .club as I liked the name of the site.
Just make sure you don't pick a .CA, .CO.UK, .TK, or any other nation-specific TLD if that isn't your target market. Keep in mind that .COM, .NET, .ORG. etc and other non-geotargeted TLDs can rank anywhere globally. You're going to have a harder time ranking a geotargeted TLD outside of that region.
TK is in no way an acceptable domain for me as it is really of poor quality and as far as I know google has something against .tk domains. As far as geotargeted TLDs goes I would only get one if I'd want to make a regional/local site, but so far I do not intend to make such a site.

mindblogger

Yes they are as good as .com domains.

I got myself two catchy .club domains, but I am unsure if they will be good, so I wanted to ask if it's the same procedure as the .com domains or do I have to do something different to get my domains on the top pages of google?
Is it harder to rank .club extensions than .com or .net?
I have my blog on a .Club domain and its seo is doing good so far. No problem was reported by google for SEO operations.

premiumproxies

I think it doesn't matter that what is your domain name on Google rank. You can use .com or .net or . blah blah. If you wanted to rank on Google. So that you just do SEO and SMM properly.

eestiman

Although .club domains are new there are lots of examples of them being exactly the same as other ones. I would join other opinions and recommend you to use .com domains instead though, simply because those look more trustworthy in your site visitors eyes.

Jacob.k

I have never searched for .club domain... that's the only thing. It plays no role in SEO. Think along that lines with .something extensions

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
MrT
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.