Is Bing still useful for SEO?

Shole

As we all know Google is the god at the moment, so with that is Bing, the search engine that's I think worse off than Yahoo, worth for seo anymore?
I am thinking of trying to use it for my sites, but so far I can't tell if it's worth investing my time in it. Any tips or suggestions?

SEOPub

Serious question.

How do you invest your time in Bing? What exactly do you think you are going to do differently as compared to trying to rank in Google?

Shole

Shole
Use different directories, add sitemaps for bing and use their webmsters tool...I mean aren't google and bing different, like they differently index sites?

SEOPub

What different directories? There are not Bing specific directories.

Using Bing's webmaster tools won't make a difference.

Yes, they are different search engines and they rank sites differently.

My point was that there is not some magic ranking formula for Bing versus Google, although most will agree that Bing is not as good at detecting spam. Spam might rank you well in Bing, but that you will get raped by Google, so that doesn't do much good.

adeaugustus

Bing is very much valuable. I optimized a site of mine for bing and I am getting decent traffic from them. Those that are into affiliate marketing and cpc ads would understand what I mean when I said Bing is very much valuable. They bring targeted traffic at a cost lower to what Google ads offers.

As far as SEO is concerned. Don't be surprised to hear that EMD still works on bing. So if you have a good keyword, buy the emd and optimize it for bing. You would be getting organic traffic in days.

Ron Killian

Bing, like Yahoo, has never sent even near as much traffic with the same ranks as Google. Doubt that's going to change much any time soon.

EpicGlobalWeb

Bing works on only old sites..
I'm sorry but this is really not true.

OP, set your efforts for SEO toward Google standards. Bing will pick It up. Bing will improve over time as well or they will cease to be competition. Microsoft decided to make competitive headway through devices like Windows Phone And Xbox. Also partnerships. Keep that in mind and ensure responsive web development on your site at the least.

markbatham

Yes, it is very important, even Google have approx 70% search share rate & bing & yahoo together have approx 30% but if you see the conversion rate of Bing is always higher than Google.

As per my site's conversion rate, form Google (Organically) it is approx 2.78% where as from Bing it is 16%, so increasing top positions with potential keywords, there will be huge possibilities to get good revenue.

So focusing to rank on Bing is also Important.

jon99

If you talk in terms of market reach, Bing is most popular as compare to yahoo. So investment in Bing SEO would give better returns. And in case of investment automatically makes your website rank up high on other search engine and Yahoo Search also. So my opinion, Bing SEO is a better and beneficial as compare to Yahoo.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads