Are YOU building YOUR email list?

michaelswengel

Hey all!

Are you building your own email lists? If not, why aren't you?

I used to think the idea of building my own list was too much trouble, and I didn't want to get into it. Boy was that idea STUPID!

I didn't want to worry about building squeeze pages or any of that. If you are in that boat, can I just say GET OVER IT!

Not building your own email list is marketing suicide. Plus, it's really easy to do once you get the hang of it!

Just my 1.5 cents. :)

Agnes

Good job. You sound very enthusiastic. What were your reasons to build an email list? Which results did it produce? And why would you recommend it?

I have an existing emaillist and want to expend it. The reason why I don't work on it is a lack of time. My idea is to build lists for different target groups with different interests. I'm curious how you reached this!

Shole

Would you mind telling me how to start? I am really clueless about email list building and I think I should be able to get some value of the one for my two bloogs(Writing and Cooking) since those are two evergreen niches that profit most of email lists (or at least I heard so).

Ron Killian

Email can be like traffic or sales on demand, if done right. You have a list and a good relationship with that list, you should always have traffic and income.

For sure it can be a more stable form of income.

Big thing I see, many people don't mail enough.

michaelswengel

The best way to start is to create a simple product - this can be a free report or really anything of value that people will subscribe to get.

You create a squeeze page, where people opt-in to your list to get your product.

Drive traffic to your squeeze page with solo ads, etc. Solo ads are my favorite because they are very effective. I can easily get 100+ new subscribers per solo ad.

Shole, do you think you could put together a basic how-to guide in one of your niches? It doesn't have to be perfect - just something that people might find useful. Once you get that done, you'll want to build your squeeze page. My favorite tool for that is InstaBuilder (or Megaphone.)

Shole

Shole
I will host writing guides on my site soon enough so I should be able to do that. So is there a plugin for wordpress or should I make a new site?

LavaHotDealsCom

Good to know, currently my email list is built by feedburner. any suggestion on which tool to build the email list? thanks,

Ron Killian

Email can be like traffic or sales on demand, if done right. You have a list and a good relationship with that list, you should always have traffic and income.

For sure it can be a more stable form of income.

Big thing I see, many people don't mail enough.

Good to know, currently my email list is built by feedburner. any suggestion on which tool to build the email list? thanks,
Use a quality paid service such as Aweber or Getresponse.

michaelswengel

You DEFINITELY need to use a professional autoresponder. If you don't you're just asking for pain.

Instabuilder is a Wordpress plugin. That's what I use personally. I like how flexible it is and how easy it is to create lots of types of pages.

FreedomBlogger

oh heck yeah I am! ;)

And YESS! .. not building your own email list - or not capturing email leads - is pretty much Suicide Online!

And the simple reason is the FACT - that not everyone will buy your products and/or services right away.

Actually, Statistics show that a very SMALL Percentage of people who land on a Sales Page will buy right away. MOST of the sales happen in the Follow Up EMAILS!

So, if you are not capturing the emails from the people who go to your sales page - YOU ARE REALLY LEAVING A LOT OF MONEY ON THE TABLE!!

This would be my 2cents ;)

Last edited:

brianlee1982

Yes. It is a must to have a list. That list will help you in marketing. Imagine u have 100000 customer list at ur call, and with 1 click, u send them pamphlets/ newsletter. Even with 1% people buying, you still earn a lot for 1 product.

smiglic16

I'm building my email list from start up this is the most important thing if you miss that one you are making the biggest mistake so list is big part of good online busienss

TheAuthor

Agreed, your email list is crucial to successful online marketing. Had my list with Getresponse for several years, enjoy the simplicity of creating newsletters, auto responder messages, landing pages and webforms.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.