Keyword Domain vs Branded Domain Names For SEO

arindamb

Which one would you select for a new domain, keyword domain or branded domain names, which is better for SEO and traffic in long term? why?

Any comments are welcome.

ulterios

Neither really matter for SEO. Keyword domains used to get an SEO bump in the past, but those days are gone.

I always have preferred a brandable name. Get something that will have an impact and stick in the minds of people and be remembered. Something catchy and unique is always good, but nothing crazy or hard to spell...

wrigmark

Mr. arindamb You're free. Choosing keyword wise or brand name wise domains does not effect on SEO. However, l'll recommend choose domains like brand name type because you can provide multiple product & services under a specific brand name.

Hope it will help you!

Thanks,
Wrig Mark

PTTed

In my experience, having a keyword in the domain name does make it easier to rank the homepage of that site for that keyword. In fact, it helps a lot. It always has and it still does help. A lot.

It helps a lot in Google and it helps a tremendous amount in Bing. (not that anyone cares much about Bing)

So, if you want to target a certain keyword using the homepage of the website, which I often do, then using a keyword in the domain name is definitely advantageous for that.

But there are other factors to consider. If the site is intended to be a site that you will make money with for the next decade hopefully, then choosing a brandable name might be a smarter business decision. It is usually very challenging to come up with a good memorable, catchy, brand name that also happens to have one of your major keywords in it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.