Wordpress user submiting posts

Shole

So I want a better option to the contact form submitted posts on my site, so I was googling plugins but I couldn't find a good one that works.
Does anyone allow guest posts on their blog and how do you guys deal with that? What plugins do you use for getting submissions?

Ron Killian

You don't really need an extra plug-in, wordpress has had multi-author support built in for as long as I can remember.

You just set up a user for them, usually "author" with permissions you want. That way they have their own author box and the posts can be credited to them. They can either post themselves, or you can post for them and set it for the author name. I wouldn't recommend allowing them access to post themselves, unless you really trust them.

It's not something you want to be open to the public. To post that is.

All the guest posts I've done, I just send the blog owner my post in DOC and they do the rest.

Hope that helps.

Shole

Shole
Well I actually want to be able to get submissions, like that they would appear as articles to be approved, so I don't want to have to add the author to each member I want to post. I am fully aware of the rank feature, but I just want it so that normal users can submit their proposed articles for me to approve or disapprove.

Developer

Not sure if any of these may help, but [URLnf="https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-post-frontend-plugins/"]here's a list of 5 plugins[/URLnf] that may interest you.

HTH.

Hawker

So I want a better option to the contact form submitted posts on my site, so I was googling plugins but I couldn't find a good one that works.
Does anyone allow guest posts on their blog and how do you guys deal with that? What plugins do you use for getting submissions?
For this I can recommend [URLnf="https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/user-submitted-posts/"]User Submitted Posts plugin[/URLnf] if you're using WordPress.

The User Submitted Posts plugin is simple and intuitive.

It lets visitors to your site (even non logged in visitors) submit text and photos via a public form.

The submitted material goes into your post queue as a Pending post. You can then do anything you like with it – publish it, edit it, delete it, etc.
I use it on my own sites both blogs and image sites.

Demo [URLnofo]http://4kwallpaper.xyz/submit-4k/[/URLnofo]

Sometimes I just install that and then use that to submit new posts and stuff to my site then just go in and edit/post them later.

Hope it helps.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.