Will you always go with the cheapest price?

Hugo E.

When selecting a service to buy on WebmasterSun or other webmaster marketplaces, will you always choose the one that is the cheapest? Or, do you factor in other things such as the seller's user level, previous recommendations/reviews, response time, etc?

ulterios

No matter what you are buying, DO NOT just look at price. Many times you will sacrifice quality of a product or service to get a cheaper price.

No matter what you are buying, here or anywhere, always look at more than just price! ;)

Ron Killian

I would have to agree with ulterios, price should not be the deciding factor. Though, guess it depends on what your buying. Hard to say, question is too vague.

Hosting though is one thing that too many people go by the cheapest price and it ends up costing them more.

SenseiSteve

Would agree with Ron and ulterios that price alone should never be the deciding factor in selecting a web hosting provider. You may save in hard dollars upfront, but you'll probably offset that in soft dollars if that service is not stable or their support is non-existent.

popwin1

No.
There are a lot of other factors that counts. Look at Apple,with this way of thinking they would have been crushed from the beggining. It depends on a lot more factors excepting price like : quality,offer,how much do i need it,if it solves a problem of mine,etc.

onegoodman25

Of course not, quality come first, but the price gap should always be logical.

When a bad service cost $5 and a good one cost $500, i will probably go with a third option ( specially there is always a lot of competition in pretty much every niche

HCFGrizzly

When selecting a service to buy on WebmasterSun or other webmaster marketplaces, will you always choose the one that is the cheapest? Or, do you factor in other things such as the seller's user level, previous recommendations/reviews, response time, etc?
Like people already told you. When choosing a product, NEVER go for the cheapest price. This is true in almost all aspects of life.
I forgot this simple rule and learned a valuable lesson the hard way a few years back when I bought the cheapest hosting I could put my hands on.

denvercardonations

Ummm, I think the age-old saying sometimes applies, or more than sometimes applies, you get what you pay for. For example, my web host limits my resources, I offer to pay more for more resource allocation, but they won't help me out. I probably should have taken my own advice when I signed up with them, the web host name is: Namecheap -- the irony, oh the irony.

Last edited:

Joe B. Ray

I consider many factors before I make a decision to buy anything. Price is just one of those factors but certainly an important one.

MeowNinja

No! It depends on my budget but not necessarily the cheapest :) Cheap doesn't mean quality, so it depends on my goal. Sometimes, yes, a lot of times, no!

marvinsam

Not always In digital marketing or in any field the thing matters is quality, if anyone provides it then Pricing does not affect your thoughts.

WebmasterPhil

Price is important if the sellers are fairly similar. It depends what you are buying. If I have to choose between 2 programmers, and the star programmer (the one with the long track record and excellent reviews) is very backed up with projects, then I have at least consider the other programmer who is readily available despite not having as many reviews.

Last edited:

Nancy G

Cheapest price will not necessarily provide you quality work but with competition nowadays, service providers normally bid their best price to get the project. Other factors have to be considered like previous jobs done, referrals, lead time to accomplish, reputation in the business, background check if necessary. Just like buying products in bulk for a project, I normally haggle for the right price. With the right persuasion, the right person you have in mind may be willing to put a discount especially if he knows you highly value his services but could not seal the deal because of the price. If not willing, then I will go with the second choice and so forth.

ecole11j

Not always. Quality is also important. If the 3rd cheapest product has significantly better quality than the 1st or 2nd, I'd probably be more likely to pick the 3rd cheapest even if it means spending more money. Price is only one factor to consider when making a purchase.

samie peralta

I must say Quality over quantity, if you would choose items, just don't be deceive by it's price but if it's tested and safe to use then good go for it. But if it's not the quality you have in mind then don't buy it just a waste of money, All of us want to save more but if its not a good quality, it will just double the expense, so much better to buy items with reasonable price.

HazelDJ

I would not go for the cheapest price all the time. I also consider other things before I buy. Same with you, I also take a look on the reviews and the recommendations of others. Aside from that, I consider the background of the manufacturer or the company that sells.

freddyhawkz

I always look for the reviews and recommendations when purchasing anything. Price is always a bad indicator of quality. High price doesn't always mean that the product is of high quality and vise versa.
When I buy something, I look at the 3 and 4 star ratings, because they are ones who are giving somewhat of a genuine review of the product.

Regards
Fred

sweetpot81

No! I will be more on the quality. I don't mond paying extra if the qualities I'm looking for meets my criteria. Looking in the reviews of previous customers will help as well.Never go down from 4 star if possible.

udershirt123

I would say it depends on the situation because not all the time that quality is better than quantity, just like for example if you are very hungry and you want to buy a snack or a food, rather than picking the high quality product that actually cost more, i would choose to buy more food that doesn't have much quality in it but cheap, so that i have more to eat. There are situations where one will always matter than the other like for instance when i want to drink water, i will always choose to have a good quality than quantity, you could have all the water in the world but if it is polluted it is unsafe to drink and it doesn't matter how much you have. Therefore i say that it depends on the situation that your in to.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Ric
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.