Should you include images in emails?

rainmaker11

When sending newsletter or offers to your customers in your email list. Have you sent text and included images in your email content.

if so, does it affect deliver rate, such as decreasing the chances that someone will hit the spam folder?

Ron Killian

I have not personally tested it, as almost all of my emails in the past have been plain text.

Only thing is some email clients don't show images automatically, gmail for one.

I have heard it can lower delivery rate, but can't say from first hand experience.

Another option, most quality autoresponders let you set up both versions, txt and html for each message. You probably know that.

SenseiSteve

Using MailChimp, you can send text and images. I don't think it affects delivery rate or automatically hits a spam filter. I've been sending newsletters for years and it hasn't seemed to matter.

Hawker

I have sent both, both text only and text with images.

Usually for the people that have whitetlisted you, emails with images get through. In fact sometimes you'll see people send nothing but image only emails.

But its all down to testing what works best. Sometimes text only work best where as sometimes including an image can also improve CTR/ROI.

You just have to experiment on your subscribers and maybe even send an email asking them what they prefer.

It's all down to market research.

Hope this helps!

wrigmark

Well, since most email clients turn images off by default,

I’m often asked about the use of images in email messages.

Because we live in such a visual world, where images and videos are seemingly everywhere, consumers are expecting to see images in your email creative.

If you're talking about performance, then only text mail surely differs from image with text mails.

WillsBlogger

Images can be a great way to add depth and interest to your email content, and can help to engage your readers. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when including images in emails:

1. Use images that are relevant to the topic of your email - Avoid including images that are unrelated to the content of your email. This will only confuse and frustrate your readers.

2. Use images that are high-quality - Make sure that the images you include in your emails are of good quality, and that they look professional. Poor-quality images can quickly disrupt the reader's experience, and may even lead them to unsubscribe from your email list.

3. Use sparingly - Images can take up a lot of space, and if you're not careful, they may end up bogging down your email content instead of enhancing it. Try to use images sparingly, and only when they really add value to the overall message.

Thanks for asking!

aashisk

When sending newsletter or offers to your customers in your email list. Have you sent text and included images in your email content.

if so, does it affect deliver rate, such as decreasing the chances that someone will hit the spam folder?
Adding images in your emails can be helpful in case of promotional emails. You can add images while sending newsletters and discount offer mails as well. This will help you gain attention of the people, gain engagement, and generate more leads. However, avoid adding images in professional mails otherwise you may end up doing a blunder.

LordJames4

In my opinion, images help the user get interested in your product. Although I can't say that the pictures are the best that you can add.

alexmux

I don't know, the images in emails are often annoying. especially if they're just thrown in :cautious:
If we look at it like that, it would be better to present an infographic, and a well designed one. That kind of content would be interesting and would definitely capture my attention

Purres

The use of text and images in email content can impact the deliverability of your emails, but it depends on several factors. Here are some general guidelines:
  1. Text-based emails: Emails that contain mostly text are less likely to be marked as spam, as they appear more personal and less commercial. However, text-only emails can be seen as boring and unengaging, so it's important to balance the use of text and images.
  2. Image-based emails: Emails that contain mostly images can be marked as spam, as they appear more commercial and less personal. However, images can help make emails more visually appealing and engaging, so it's important to use them in moderation.
  3. Balance of text and images: The best approach is to strike a balance between text and images, with a focus on high-quality, relevant, and engaging content. The use of images can help break up text and make emails more visually appealing, but they should not be relied on to convey the main message.
When including images in emails, it's important to consider the following:
  1. Image size: Large images can slow down the loading time of emails, which can negatively impact deliverability. Keep images small and optimized for email.
  2. Alt text: Alt text is used to describe images for those who cannot see them. It's important to include descriptive alt text for all images in case they don't load properly in some email clients.
  3. Image placement: Images should be placed above the fold, so they are visible when the email is first opened.
In summary, the use of images in emails can help improve engagement, but it's important to strike a balance between text and images, and to use images in a way that does not negatively impact deliverability.

Hope it helps!

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Including images in emails can be a great way to add visual interest and convey information more effectively. However, whether or not you should include images in your emails depends on the context and purpose of the email. For example, if you’re sending a marketing email or newsletter, including images can help grab the recipient’s attention and make your content more engaging. On the other hand, if you’re sending a formal business email or an email with sensitive information, it may be best to stick to text only.

It’s also important to consider the recipient’s email client and device when including images in emails. Some email clients may block images by default for security reasons, so it’s a good idea to provide alternative text for any images you include. Additionally, large image files can take longer to load and may not display properly on smaller screens, so it’s important to optimize your images for email.

So, including images in emails can be effective in certain situations but it’s important to consider the context and purpose of the email as well as the recipient’s email client and device.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.