What do you think about my blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakoom

Hey there guys, this is my blog: articoli.klayz.com. I tried to optimize it in every aspect, but I'm still getting a low amount of visitors. Maybe they don't like what I write. Anyway, in term of SEO, is there anything else I could improve? What is your suggestion?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawker

You did not mention that its in another language. :p

I looked for a translate option but could not see one. You should perhaps look into that.

You didn't really say what your blog is about and what it blogs about either but can see its about PC/Linux/technical issues etc type of blog?

I'm not really digging the domain name tbh with you. It's a bit of a mouthful and not easily remembered / memorable.

Unless articoli is another languages word for something like articles or blog and klayz is your main site/brand so makes sense.

Aesthetically its not too hard on the eye but probably too much lime green for my liking.

Other than that is fairly modern looking.

You need to add your social sites icons to it in the footer if you actually want people to follow you and that. :)

Best regards!

Dakoom

Thank you so much, Hawker. Yes, it is in Italian language. Klayz is the name of my website, which is a name that I created. Articoli means articles and it's a blog/portal with every type of articles, for technical issues to music, wordpress tips to "what does that term means?", etc. I'll add the social icons!

ulterios

You site looks nice and clean. I don't understand Italian but besides that it looks good.

I do agree with Hawker in that it is a bit strong on the green. Maybe a slightly less bright color would be easier on the eyes.

Overall, looks good though! :ertery:

hrishivardhan

Hello Dakoom,

I visit your blog, you blog is nice simple and easy to understand about topic.
I will suggest one thing to your blog that you should give option of other languages to readers mainly in English. Because everyone can not read Italian and if your blog visits targeted to the world then you should make it global by adding other languages too.

brianlee1982

1. If all your target is Italian users, u can put translator widget for Non-Italian visitors.
2. I would prefer to put the side banner to the right instead if i have the social media sharing on my left. So that won't look that empty on ur right hand side.
The layout is ok.

Sandra

Hi Dakoom,
let me see if I get it right. Your site is some kind of portal for webmasters and SEO people. You have a community, tools, a blog, and some other toys.
You are using the blog as entry point for the community (?), and it's not working (?).
The first thing that calls my eye is the url... it is not really optimized. if you want a seo blog, you might want your sub-domain to say so. Especially because you are preaching to the choir here. I know that changing this can be a lot of trouble. So leave it if you already started your back-linking campaign.
The second thing that calls my eye are the articles per se. They seem to be for principianti. You might want to add some label in the articles that allows people to discriminate at first sight the level. And if you target those starting out, you need some articles that will put the whole enchilada in perspective for them, instead of just details all over the place, and pin that on top.
The art is cool. No problem with that. You have a lot of white space, but...
Where I think it is not optimized is in terms of communication with your target market.
Maybe some webmasters or seo people can chime in here, but when I'm in "tech mode" I want clarity and speed. If I have to click or scroll down to find what I'm looking for, it's not optimized. Soo, maybe you could put the list of latest articles and categories above the ad (I know I know... in the ad is where the money is, but you have a lot more possibilities for business when you have the person as recurrent visitor in the community).

Just my 2 cents... take what works for you and discard the rest.

Sandra :)

Lakhesis

I didn't found this user friendly :/

I think you should work on the UI design.

Dakoom

I just changed the theme some days ago, so I really don't know if you mean the new theme or maybe the old theme I was using. Anyway, now I think that it's better, but I'm a little bit stuck on the performance side. With this theme there are a lot of new images so I have a lot of requests when the page gets loaded. Probably I should get rid of some of them. Apart from this, it seems that I'm loading too much Javascript files. But these seems to be on the WordPress end in order to make it work. I was thinking to merge them in one file... but I have not tried this and I really don't know if this will cause some problems with functions not working correctly.

PS: Thank you a lot @Sandra for your detailed post. By the way, it's not a blog only for SEO. It's a general blog. I go from Computer to Internet, so you know better than me how many subsections and argoments there are.

brianlee1982

It looks better now. Look more systematic. Maybe consider putting a social media like. Not sure whether is it counted in the SEO.

Dakoom

Thank you guys! What would you do to better improve its performance in terms of page loading/rendering?

Maybe consider putting a social media like. Not sure whether is it counted in the SEO.
You're right, I almost forgot that! I'll do it.

All done by your self or via softaculous program?
It's a WordPress install with a modified version of the Daily theme from [URLnf="https://my.theme-junkie.com/aff/go/Dakoom"]Theme-Junkie[/URLnf] (affiliate link).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views