Tips to promote articles?

epicstate

I have many good articles on my blog which I believe are not getting enough exposure. How can I promote these articles so more people see them?

What are the best methods do you want to suggest?

ulterios

Since you have some good articles but want to attract people and get some exposure, have you thought about marketing your content/articles on the social media websites?

I have found that you can get some good traffic from them, especially Twitter in my case. Tweet out a catchy line, a link to the article and a relevant picture/image and you'll attract people.

There is also advertising on relevant websites that are related to your content. Promoting them in related forums and community websites. Just make sure to do it in the proper manner and don't go spamming.

Another thing that you might want to do is guest posting or commenting on blogs that are relevant to your content/articles.

These are a few ways that I have used in the past and present. Social media has a bigger impact than many people realize, I was one of those people. ;)

epicstate

Since you have some good articles but want to attract people and get some exposure, have you thought about marketing your content/articles on the social media websites?
Of course I am using social networks like FB, Twitter, Linkedin to promote my blog articles

I have found that you can get some good traffic from them, especially Twitter in my case. Tweet out a catchy line, a link to the article and a relevant picture/image and you'll attract people.
Do relevant picture/images help in increasing exposure and getting better traffic for articles in Twitter tweets? I am rare using this method.

ulterios

ulterios
Yes, pictures make a big difference. They will catch someones eye, especially in their Twitter feed. Then, if they see something that stands out, they might read what the Tweet is about and go to read the article.

Don't get too carried away with the pics, make them relevant, an appropriate size (not too big) and not cheap or grainy looking. You'll be surprised at how much more traffic you will get by doing that.

rmmfree

You can use Google's Webmaster Tools to to diagnose your site, to know if there are some elements that are preventing the site to be indexed correctly. Also you could submit your blog to any contest. Another idea is to create a tutorial or an infographic and share it on social networks.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads