Can you earn money without building a list?

Steve32

I feel perhaps subjective? I saw some members or people could manage to earn money from internet marketing without building list.

whereas of course a lot will say build a list. what is your personal opinion?

Ron Killian

It depends on the person. Some people just don't like or want to build a list. It's just not for them, not their thing, maybe even something they dread. It's not for every one.

I always say, there not much sense in doing something you don't want to do. If you hate doing something, you probably won't put good effort into it, not give it your all.

Of course you can make money without building a list. I did it for many, many years online.

Also far too many people "telling" people to do things, like email marketing, though they don't really know, they are just spouting what they've read. Fake it till you make it?

Not sure what else to say. Plenty of ways to profit on the net besides building a list.

Developer

Yes, you can definitely make money without a list,
however, having a list just makes it much easier.

As Ron points out, if list building is not your forte`,
then, it may be best to do without, however, if you
have the finances, you may also consider hiring
someone to take care of that aspect for you as
having a list CAN be the difference between a few
sales a day and hundreds of sales each day.

Just my 2¢

Last edited:

Hawker

Of course you can earn money without a list.

It just makes sense to build a list if you have a site that gets traffic.

It is pretty much a guaranteed money spinner and cash cow if you have the right kind of optins. Especially double optins.

I always collect them where possible on all my sites.

You can send emails with offers that you know they are interested in or use tactics like sending training lessons in weekly bitesized chunks and then upsell at the end or in between.

It doesn't really matter what niche you're in, you can collect subscribers by having the form on your site and in your posts/pages too etc.

Use Call-To-Actions asking people to subscribe for more content like this..

Smart people will definitely do all of the above.

Some people have huge huge lists and make thousands from them. Every time they send their 1kk subs emails they are guaranteed to make sells just from sending an email.

You have to pay for that though. A good email subscription software or service can set you back a bit if you have a really big list like that to send that many emails etc..

You can usually start with something like MailChimp free at the start but if you get really really big you may need to upgrade your plan or go with some self-hosted in-house solution.

But if you get that big you should be able to afford it.

Hope this helps. :)

Developer

Using MailChimp is a free way to go, and great for those just starting out,
however, MailChimp is not too fond of internet marketers. If using MailChimp,
I strongly advise you to backup all your lists as frequently as possible. They
have been known to shut people down without any notice what-so-ever.

Last edited:

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
Why even bother with MailChimp? Start off smart with a professional, reliable autoresponder service in the first place. So you don't waste your time :)

Developer

Developer
Once again, RON, I couldn't agree more... Especially since Aweber offers a $1 trial month, you can get started for just a buck! (And, I believe GetResponse does a free trial as well, not sure as I have never used them... just saying)

Last edited:

Allchat

There are many ways to make money online with or without a list, I'm with Ron on the fact that you don't really need one because I've made money without it.

On the other hand I know from personal REAL experience that it can make a difference to have one. I use one simply to keep my members and users informed and it makes it easier to keep my customers in box (so to speak) and to offer them new products and services.

But NO you do not need a list to make money on the net, there are lot's of resources out there showing you how, where, when, who and why.

:) :)

Ron Killian

Getresponse is only $15 a month after any trials. Don't remember if they have trials. Any one serious about their business can find that :)

Just see so many people wasting their time with free services that are not suited to grow their business. Like trying to using Wordpress free blog hosting to build a business, for example. Not worth it either. While there are plenty of free tools to build a business online, often it goes back to... It takes money to make money. When one finally wants to really get serious about it. And free tools and services only get you so far. Some times it takes an investment to reach higher.

People need to stop being so damn cheap. Yep I said it.

Developer

It takes money to make money.
Yes it does, and one should never consider it an expense. If you believe in yourself and your product/service, it is merely a short term INVESTMENT which should see an extremely high ROI.
People need to stop being so damn cheap. Yep I said it.
Couldn't have said THAT better myself either.

Last edited:

Miguelito203

I feel perhaps subjective? I saw some members or people could manage to earn money from internet marketing without building list.

You can (have done it before using product launches in markets where I don't have lists), but the truth is that, you are kind of limiting yourself. When you start a brand new blog and are just looking to get ranked in the search engines, it will take several days before you start seeing traffic. This is if you know what you are doing. While building a list may seem scary at first, it's really not that big of a deal. The set up is pretty easy, and it's cheap to do. All you have to do is communicate with your list and provide them with some value. I use Aweber. I think you can still get your first month for $1.

Joey

LavaHotDealsCom

Yes, I'm earning money without a email list. well, you can build a social network social follower list. they will work the same.

MValmont

I remember at some point I was making $5000 per month and I had no list, so yes you can do it. I did it by selling ebooks on Amazon. I figured a way after to get all these people on my list so now I have a list, but when I started I did not have one.

smiglic16

Yes of course you can make money without building your list but i personally would live cards on table if you already are in the game building online business and getting traffic to your offer and you are making money than you just need to do some adjustments and create simple landing page for what you have to sell and you are building your list that you build relationship with and you can make much more money and for years than without the list.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views