Is Blogging Hard?

CyberAlchemist

Obviously it is subjective but after trying out a few potential writers from freelancer sites to write for my blogs, I realized that it's quite hard for people who are not professional writers.

What do you guys think about my point?

ulterios

Obviously it is subjective but after trying out a few potential writers from freelancer sites to write for my blogs, I realized that it's quite hard for people who are not professional writers.

Blogging doesn't have to be hard as long as you are willing to put the effort in to doing it. Many people assume it's very easy and there is very little time and effort needed to do it. While it can be easier for some than for others, it doesn't have to be hard to do.

There are lots of great resources for information, ideas, help, content, tools and more that are readily available to help make it easier.

One thing that I had found out personally is that it does get a lot easier after you have done it for a while. I have never liked writing in any way, shape or form. However, after doing it for a little while I found that it gets a lot easier.

One thing that CAN make it hard is by trying to write about something that you don't know about, don't know enough about, aren't interested in or are just writing about to slap up a website or blog.

One thing that I have told some people to do that might make it easier to write/blog is to write as if you are talking to someone and not writing. Think of it like you are talking in person and telling a friend or family member about something. Don't think about the writing part, just think and then put those thoughts into your computer or paper. Also, for some people it's easier to write about something on paper than it is to type it out on their computer. If you find that is your case, just write a blog article on paper first, then type it into you computer later.

I have hated writing all my life but I have written in the ball park of 500 articles. I have found out personally that it gets a lot easier as time goes by and the more articles you have written.

RDPNation

Lack of Accurate Analytics may be the reason that blogging is hard :\

hrishivardhan

The requirements of content vary with website, because every website needs different type content to target one specific niche.
So, the content writers should have some experience or knowledge about the topic they write on. They should have different writing styles for various topics. So, to become a successful blogger is a hard and time consuming too.

vishwa

Actually Blogging is not hard. Blogging requires time, patience, dedication and ability to learn things quickly. if you are able to command on these points and you can get success in blogging. I also want to tell you that writing good articles isn't a big factor. The more you write, the more you will learn and get expertise in it.

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
Sorry, I have to strongly disagree. It's pretty much everything with a blog. What else is there on a blog, but the content (articles)? It's the biggest factor. Not that it always needs to be epic content, but it does need to be good.

It's the difference between growing a blog or killing a blog.

Sandra

Being consistent is hard. Writers like to write, but not necessarily in your niche. So they can take a batch easily, but to keep going unless the pay is really good and/or there is an interesting challenge... that becomes more complicated.
For non writers/blog owners... same issue actually. What's hard is to be consistent and not get bored. Posts need emotion; if the writer is bored, the post will be boring.
I only met one lady who can go on forever. She used to edit for me when I wrote books for third parties. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

whland

Yes. Blogging can indeed be hard.

I'm not the best writer out there. I try my best to write a good blog post.

Sometimes I can't think of anything to write.

I wish I could hire a professional writer to take over posting on my blog.

Chad

ulterios

ulterios
I am by FAR not a writer and never thought that I would need or want to write anything (other than a shopping list) after college but I kind of got thrown into blogging and have been able to write my posts easier and easier over time. It does help to write about things that you like, know very well, or are eager to learn about based on my own experiences.

Between all my sites and articles I have written for others I am over 1000, so I can say that it does get easier the more that you do it. What used to take me over an hour can now be done in 10 minutes or so for the right topic.

Keep plugging away and it gets easier, even for those of us that aren't writers. ;)

HighProxies

I have written some blog posts for some people and find them pretty easy to do. If you can find a good writer, then your blog can be successful if you are not able to write yourself.

shilpa

No, it's not always about bring professional, rather it's about being well-informed. If you find that you have a particular interest in some field and you think you can write anything about it, even your own experiences connected with it, then you can always be a good blogger.

Most bloggers are not professionals, at least not when they started. They explored, experienced, and learned all they could and became what they are now. They have gained relevant training by observing, this is based on self-education as well as online training. Also those who write their experiences on travel and gaming do it on their own. They don't need to hire professionals for their blog as hiring them may hamper their blog's reputation. As you may already now, people connect to those ideas which they could relate themselves to. If they feel that they are being schooled rather than being informed or shared with a few good experiences, it is likely that they'll not come again to the website. It is for most of the websites and blogs but not all. Some blogs like tech-blogs do get visitors who want to learn, in that case it is advisable to either hire a professional, or ask someone who is from that field. And the most suitable thing to do is to always write on those topics about which you know a little extra than the common people, rather than writing on topics where you lack understanding and skill.

vishwa

Blogging is not a rocket science. It is an art, you have to learn it. If you are completely noob and don't have writing skills, you have to practice it. Practice to Write 1000 Words daily as it will help you to improve your writing skills. You can also hire content writers if you have budget for it. Identifying your target audience and helps them with relevant information can help you to successful in blogging.

Nox

I think there are a lot factors that come into play when it comes to blogging. People are motivated by different things, for some it's intrinsic factors and others it's external factors. For example, some people might blog purely because they find it freeing to have an online "journal" of sorts. Others like blogging because they want to have an audience with which they can share their stories. More than content, and knowledge I think motive is the most important factors; of course it does help if you're knowledgeable about your subject matter, but judging from some of the things I've seen online, factual evidence doesn't seem to be all that important sometimes. Once you've chosen something you love and know I think it is easier to blog. Blogging does get easier the more you do it

nuzzo

It's not hard, it is more time consuming then anything. That is why I choose to outsource it if it is not a niche I am particularly skilled at.

tingavai

Once you have completed all the basic decisions, blogging isnt as hard as it was made to be, I think one of the biggest decisions you have to make is going to be what your blog is about – its focus. Many new bloggers will start blogging about everything under the sun, and that’s a big mistake. If you want your blog to be successful, you need to decide on a specific focus, and write all your blog posts towards that focus. For example, my blog is about giving advice on consumer technology, so you wont find political statements, advice about home improvement, or flower-arranging there. Next, you’ll want to write blog articles that are going to interest other people and spur them to share your blog with their friends. Giving good advice, sharing stories of experiences, and including little nuggets of interesting information or wisdom will always be quite popular. As far as how often you blog, that’s totally under your control. Bloggers who want to expand their audience will blog at least a few times a week or more often. That way, every time someone visits your blog, there’s something new to see. Before anything else, having good and interesting content on your blog is going to be the most important thing you can do to make it successful.

manmad

Everything is hard when you have to do it constantly and be creative every time, because that's how you'll differ from other people. There are a lot of people out there blogging so being the one that people would choose is what makes it hard, however it's not realy that hard to just give your opinion on a certain subject and write your thoughts out every day.

kim16

I have to second that. It's difficult for to write professionally, more so if the person is not comfortable with the medium or language he/she is demanded to use. But I guess that's another story.

etdigital

We cant say that blogging is Hard, its a art like writing. To some, blogging comes naturally, while others need to take efforts until they master it.

JoeMilford

I can only speak for myself, but I would say that blogging is hard in two main ways, initially.

1. Coming up with original and compelling content on a constant basis is tough no matter what subject matter you are working on or how passionate you are about it. I absolutely an in love with my subject, but, at times, I am too exhausted or brain-fried to write about it.

and...

2. Being consistent and posting every day or every couple of days can also be hard. You have to be disciplined and have a set schedule for your writing and stick to it. I am guilty of not doing this enough, but to have a successful blog, you have to provide content on a regular and dependable basis or you will lose your audience.

betty3

I think it wont't be hard if you have passion on it.
Starting a b log need a right person or people behind you in order to avoid mistakes. You need your blog to be catchy to get the audience interest.

I'm starting learning right now and asking my friends for assistance and support.

Heatman

Yes I am of the opinion that it's very hard. Some people might find it easier maybe because they are talented enough to go about without much stress but generally it's a hard task to my understanding.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views