Bootstrap or Foundation?

trustdnb

I realized that using a responsive css framework like Bootstrap or Foundation is effective for building web templates in responsive design fast. I want to ask your experienced people here, which responsive framework should I learn, Bootstrap or Foundation?

savidge4

I realized that using a responsive css framework like Bootstrap or Foundation is effective for building web templates in responsive design fast. I want to ask your experienced people here, which responsive framework should I learn, Bootstrap or Foundation?
IF - you had to only pick one... I would say bootstrap. Here is the think... Bootstrap is far more mainstream than Foundation. I personally believe Foundation to be a far better platform, but in terms of marketability.. to say you are fluent in Bootstrap can take you a lot of places. The other thing to consider... For an example, you do a job for a client, and then at some point later you and the client have differences and you part ways. The ability for the client to find someone to pick up where you left off is not so hard.
I know your thinking - how the heck cares about some client that dumped me... here is the thing.. you should care. If the client has to start all over again, because you developed a product in some framework that is not mainstream with vast availability of programmers, the expense becomes your fault. The bad experience of one client is spread to 10 potential clients is spread to 100 potential clients. exponentially the bad experience is shared, and in terms of business thatis a bad thing.

Now if you are working on projects and sites for yourself? Without question I would say Foundation is the way to go. Far more responsive than Bootstrap will ever be. Far more versatile than Bootstrap will ever be ( between web, e-mail, and apps ) without question a far lessor footprint than Bootstrap will ever be.. simply an all around better base platform in terms of User Experience, AND the ability to share your project across many platforms in the way you as a designer / developer designed the look and feel.

Wiliam

Obviously Bootstrap.You can go with Bootstrap.Cause it is always helpful.

Thanks

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views