Twitter or LinkedIn, which is better?

fromrachel

Hey guys,
what you think about these two website which one is the best. Twitter or LinkedIn, which one you guys choose to increase traffic or leads for your site. why?

Developer

That all depends on whether you are marketing a consumer market or B2B. For me
personally, when I am trying to target a more consumer based market, I head straight
to my twitter accounts. And when targeting B2B, LinkedIn, hands down, no questions
about it.

If you want more specific responses, could you tell us the market, or market type
you are attempting to target?

paul1129

paul1129
Exactly correct it depends on the market.

B2C is great on Twitter if you have a good followers base. And for B2B, Linkedin is great because there are many professionals there other than the random crowd.

vishwa

I have tried both Social networking sites, But twitter perform well for me. Its really provide good amount of traffic.

ulterios

If you are looking for professional or business based traffic/leads then LinkedIn would probably be best.

If you are looking for regular consumers / clients for a product or service or doing some form of marketing to the general public, then definitely Twitter would be the best choice.

karmadir

I would go for twitter. It is best for your online promotion campaign.

JoseBarreiro

You can try both because it depends on the business. Its not always that if Twitter worked for others can also work for you and vice-versa.

So it is highly advisable to try both of them and then see the difference yourself.

richasharma

Twitter is better its having high pr and its fast, peoples of all the ages, profession and category use twitter more

ioZoom

I also prefer Twitter. Much easier to use and you can target much easier and faster.

That all depends on whether you are marketing a consumer market or B2B. For me
personally, when I am trying to target a more consumer based market, I head straight
to my twitter accounts. And when targeting B2B, LinkedIn, hands down, no questions
about it.

If you want more specific responses, could you tell us the market, or market type
you are attempting to target?
Do you mind sharing your twitter account i'm just curious to see what is posted there and how it's utilized. Maybe I can learn some new things.

Localnode

LinkedIn and Twitter both have strong points. Use both :)
LinkedIn is a social network that is geared towards professionals and businesses.
LinkedIn also has many benefits that Twitter cannot match.

Here's an [URLnf="http://i.imgur.com/GgRCxFt.png"]infographic [/URLnf]about Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
I also think [URLnf="https://www.techwyse.com/blog/social-media-marketing/linkedin-in-comparison-to-twitter-amp-facebook-for-business/"]Techwyse [/URLnf]does a good job comparing LinkedIn to Twitter.

Thomas

For me Twitter provide better result than LinkedIn. So my vote goes to Twitter.

janseo

It all depends upon the nature of services or products you want to promote and the number of real followers in twitter and the number of linkedin connections. So Linkedin is more professional. You can also try both and after sometime you will get an idea which social network site performs well.

Equady

In my humble opinion Twitter is very easy to use and get quick results, whereas there are really two kinds of people who use LinkedIn, those who are hiring and those who want to be hired. I think it is smart to customize the type of content you post through both networks accordingly.

grchl0513

I think linkedin is better especially when you market yourself or if you are a jobseeker wants to be hired easily. It is much easier for employers to get to know the prospect employee through his or her linkedin account. It is also easier to the jobseeker to find prospect companies thru linkedin.

Melissa16

I'II go for Twitter since I'm using it, and besides I'm not familiar with LinkedIn. It's obvious LinkedIn is a network for professionals, therefore businesses should use it to build relationship with other business.
On the other hand, Twitter is fast-paced, brief, and easy to connect with your audience. It is also a great way to share quick thoughts, but make sure to build relationship with the followers.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads