Why you need a responsive website

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
What are the main reasons why you changed your website template into a responsive design?

For me, it has 3 reasons that I used responsive design for all my blogs

- Saves time and money
- Google recommends responsive design for better rankings on mobile search results.
- Increase traffic with mobile users

What are yours? why?

Developer

TIME SAVING

Being a web designer, my main reasoning is simply the time it saves not having to create
different sites for each different device. When mobile and tablets first started becoming
the "next best thing since sliced bread", every client wanted us to update their site and
include a mobile and tablet version... and, of course, "it shouldn't cost any more because
it's all part of the design, right?" BS...

IMPROVED FUNCTIONALITY

Ever since you could start viewing sites on your cellphone, even the cheapest flip phones
initially, I started designing to appeal to both computer and mobile users, JUST IN CASE, but,
I was then also very limited as to what type of functionality I could include, but that often
meant a lack of features for computer based visitors, lol.

But more importantly, MY CUSTOMERS BENEFIT THE MOST

The benefits for my customer actually outweighs the benefits for me. Designing "responsive"
sites not only ensures cross-device accessibility (without sacrificing anything) but it also helps
with sales and conversions. Plus, it saves them money in terms of SEO. Prior to responsive sites,
you'd have to, essentially, have 2 sites, which meant more time spent on SEO and more money
spent as well.

Nope, responsive sites make my primary job so much easier, has many benefits for my customer
and yeah, ok, there's also that little "Google Recommends" factor as well. :)

Namoh

I don't use any designs unless it is responsive. I read somewhere that 70% of your websites customers and/or members will use a phone to access it so it's utterly important that it is responsive and works flawlessly on any device.

roggy

roggy
This really should be considered and noted for website owners who have not converted their web design to responsive design because they could lose their visitors.

Wiliam

Because responsive website shows in 3 ways at the same time. Computer,Tab and Mobile devices.

Omer

Responsive design is important for mobile users because more than sixty percent of website traffic is from mobile phone users.

Joe B. Ray

Are there still any websites that are not responsive? I don't think so.
The reason for responsive design is obvious. You want your visitors to be able to view your site on any device.

SenseiSteve

SenseiSteve
Unfortunately, there are still plenty of sites that are not responsive. I think some owners believe their sites just magically appear correctly on different devices by default.

Crowd_Town

Agree, those owners are not ready to spend extra time and money for rearranging their sites, though they are ready to lose clients because of unfriendly interface.

w3master

Today Google recommends to the use of a responsive web design (RWD)as their preferable mobile configuration and leading to the viable rankings. So what brings a RWD??? It brings one design for multiple devices like PCs, laptop and mobile. So Using RWD shall put an active setup to the website s’ positioning, where the server would be sending the same HTML code for all the devices.
RWD brings business advantages to your site:
• Higher ranks in Google

• Increased sales and boosts revenues
• Brings greater and enhanced user experience
• Saves your time while using analytics
• Saves time on design (one design-all devices)
• Mitigates the duplicate content penalties
• Cultivates enriched offline browsing experience
• RWD makes to stay ahead of the business competitors’.
• Brings an easy navigation to the users (Mobile users)

ExonHost

Lot's of reason out there why you need a responsive website. I am focusing few major reason bellow.

1) Mobile usage is exploding.
2) Positive user experience is a must
3) Blogging and social activities bring mobile visitors.
4) Responsive design is preferred for SEO.
5) A speedy responsive website is key.
6) Responsive adapts to future devices.

Every one can share there though this will be helpful for every one.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.