How do you find affiliates?

freds86

Hey guys, interesting answers on this forum and they are really quality, I am finding new methods to find best profitable affiliates and looking forward to hearing your advice on how did you choose/find affiliates? how to advertise your affiliate? Contact super affiliates directly and ask them to advertise/offer or any other tips?

I'm glad to listen your answers :)

Developer

Hey Fred,

The first thing I do whenever launching a new product is to look for
"power affiliates" who may want to JV with me. Having even just 1
or 2 super affiliates promoting your offers can have an astounding
impact not just on sales, but alluring additional affiliates as well.

The next thing I do, and this may sound odd, but, I actually never
try to sell my own products. Instead, I sell the affiliate program.

Seriously, I will post a new product on one of my sites and instead
of me promoting IT, I promote the hell out of the affiliate program.

The way I look at it is that it's just as easy (or difficult) to sell the
affiliate program as it is to sell the product, HOWEVER, by selling my
affiliate program, I'm more likely to reach a larger number of people
who would be interested. And since, most of my lists are those that
are looking for ways to make money online, my offers appeal to every
one of those that are on my list (well, almost all. not all affiliates will
promote just anything, but you get the point).

When I first started creating my own products, I would bust my ass
looking for buyers. It wasn't until a year or two in that I realized:

Hey, if I put in just as much effort in finding affiliates as I do in trying
to find buyers, my sales could sky rocket.

If I "SELL" an item, only 1 person knows about the product, the buyer.

If I sell my AFFILIATE PROGRAM, now I have MULTIPLE people trying to
SELL MY PRODUCT for me...

When I realized that, my entire selling technique changed to what it is
today. Like I said above, I never try to sell my own products, instead,
I sell my affiliate program.

I actually spend more time setting up affiliate pages, bonuses, swipes
and banners, etc., than I do on the actual product sales pages.

Again, by taking the same amount of time and energy, to create a sea
of affiliates, now I have an army of people selling my product for me
so I can sit back and worry about other stuff like revising the product(s),
based on buyer feedback of course, gathering ideas for my next project
and finally, getting started on the creation of the next product so that I
can, once again, sell the affiliate program of the newest product as well.

P.S. When trying to find, and secure, POWER/SUPER AFFILIATES, do NOT
be afraid to offer them upwards of 75, to even 99,% commissions. With the
amount of sales they generate alone, you'd be surprised at how MUCH you
can make. Even though you're making so little (1-25%).

The number of sales will definitely make up for the amount of commission you
give away. By giving your power affiliate such a high commission, they are,
obviously, more likely and more willing to promote the product for you making
it a WIN-WIN for everyone...

AND, when you do land a power affiliate, be willing to offer a custom sales page
for him/her. And be sure to use a little "black hat turned white hat" method and
stuff his/her custom page with his/her own cookie, ensuring and guaranteeing
that they receive the commission for any/every one they refer.

If you don't understand my whole "stuff cookie" concept, just let me know and
I'd be happy to explain it further.

Miguelito203

Find the popular Joint Venture Partner boards for the niche you're in, and post on there. For example, if you're in the "make money online" niche, JV Notify Pro is quite a popular place to go to learn about upcoming product launches within the internet marketing niche, so affiliates check it regularly. Affiliates can learn about stuff months in advance and plan accordingly. There are other niches on there, too, but that's what it's known for. It also helps if you reach out to some of the bigger players in your niche, so they can help you to create buzz about your launch.

Joey

itsmechyanit

You Bribe them or You Earn them..

I guess the third way is Organic affiliates but I wouldn't count on them.

Chyanit

MValmont

Contact the affiliates of your competitor and offer them a higher commission

Harry P

The first thing I do whenever launching a new product is to look for
"power affiliates" who may want to JV with me
. Having even just 1
or 2 super affiliates promoting your offers
can have an astounding
impact not just on sales, but alluring additional affiliates as well.
Can you share experience how have you found affiliate promoters for you.

The next thing I do, and this may sound odd, but, I actually never
try to sell my own products. Instead, I sell the affiliate program.
I feel difficulty in promoting affiliate programs, it took more time, some weeks or months...while I've just got some sales..

Contact the affiliates of your competitor and offer them a higher commission
How could you do that? our competitors will not reveal their affiliates.

itsmechyanit

Hey Harry

In my opinion it is not difficult to sale affiliate offers ,first you need to get a jist of yes

When i started way back ,I could not make a single sale in the first 3 months but then you learn and implement new things

and things start to fall in space

Let me know if you need any help on affiliate marketing

chyanit

Ron Killian

One important thing to remember, you either need to be good at writing copy or you need to pay some one to write it for you. You bring affiliates on board and your sales page doesn't covert well enough, you could likely blow your reputation. Not trying to be negative, just saying you don't want to waste your affiliates hard earned traffic.

Reason many of the big dogs are big dogs, their sales letters sell. They've proven themselves.

Last year a friend of my posted about how he went out looking for the right affiliates, took his time, contacted the right websites and one affiliate alone brought in over 10K sales. So yes, finding the big dogs can be worth the effort.

Another thing to remember, most affiliates wont' bring in much if any traffic or sales. Guess it's the law of averages, the 20% of affiliates (or less) bring 80% of the sales. I have a bunch of products listed on JVzoo and many affiliate requests and hardly any of them make any sales.

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
That's also the law of America. 20% of earners make 80% of the money. All of it. In America, literally. 80% of US is in debt from this principle alone.

Muzzamil

Hey guys, interesting answers on this forum and they are really quality, I am finding new methods to find best profitable affiliates and looking forward to hearing your advice on how did you choose/find affiliates? how to advertise your affiliate? Contact super affiliates directly and ask them to advertise/offer or any other tips?

I'm glad to listen your answers :)
Put your product on websites such as JVZoo where there are a lot affiliates and super affiliates. And then create prizes for number one, two, and three affiliate. This create healthy competition and this way you will attract a lot of affiliates because everyone wants to win the prize. But you have to set prizes because super affiliates already have a lot of money for themselves so your extra $500 of prize wouldn't do anything for them.

Rob Whisonant

The way I get my best affiliates is to contact my current customers. They have always made more affiliate sales than affiliates that are not customers.

vaughn

The following are basic steps to find affiliates:
  • Write a blog to your publication and send emails to writers about your blog
  • Contact bloggers, writters and active participates of publication to promote your product.
  • Search for qualified promoters in forums
  • Click on sites as clickbank, for either finding affiliates or act as broker for affiliates
  • Ask your own affiliates to introduce you to new potential affiliates in their groups

Harry P

The following are basic steps to find affiliates:
  • Write a blog to your publication and send emails to writers about your blog
  • Contact bloggers, writters and active participates of publication to promote your product.
  • Search for qualified promoters in forums
  • Click on sites as clickbank, for either finding affiliates or act as broker for affiliates
  • Ask your own affiliates to introduce you to new potential affiliates in their groups
I suppose that asking "your own affiliates to introduce you to new potential affiliates in their groups" will work. Other ways through out forums are great ways to find affiliates, especially make money online forums where people are looking for opportunities to earn money online.

The way I get my best affiliates is to contact my current customers. They have always made more affiliate sales than affiliates that are not customers.
Could you elaborate this? why your customers always made more affiliate sales than affiliates that are not customers? an affiliate is not a customer but they know marketing methods which can drive traffic or visitors to your affiliate and it can help increasing sales

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
My customers know the product. A plain affiliate does not. When you have a happy customer they talk. My specialty is email marketing. Many JV with other email marketers to build their list bigger. They talk about what they use. They recommend things to each other.

Ron Killian

Obviously it depends on the niche/market. With internet marketing, it's much more likely customers are or can be affiliates.

But not that it wouldn't work in other markets, or even have your customers spread the word, which could be even better than an affiliate. One thing that so many marketers don't do, to encourage their customers to promote for them. I know I don't do enough of it.

ivanab

(I see my previous comment was removed and I apologize if it was too short, so here is a more detailed version!)

I've been launching products since 2014. And for someone who is just starting out, without ANY connections, it is really hard to get your foot in the door.

BUT hard is not impossible :)

So... my very first launch...I had a really great product...And did not know how to get promote it on a big scale....So I found a JV partner who had all the connections. I worked on setting up and delivering the product, while he worked on sales pages, as well as getting JV's/affiliates on board.

This actually got me in front of the JV's and branded me as someone successful.

JV's/Affiliates care about few things:

One is... How much money they will earn from recommending your product

Second... they want to see the product before recommending it

Third... preview of the sales page before promoting it/recommending it.

I hope this helps ;-)

Ivana

ivanab

I am a product creator as well as affiliate, and I have to say... for me...

I really need to look at the product before I promote it.

I don't always look at the numbers if I have a relationship with a product launcher, however, I do look at the sales page.

If I feel I would buy the product...I will promote the product as well.

also, if a vendor offers a bonus spot, I am more likely to promote his product, than someone else.

Jvzoo team once said...If you want to have a successful launch... Make sure your affiliates are happy :)

Mattdawg84

One method you can use is to go to blogs, other affiliate programs and email the owner if they would be interested in promoting your product. You would want to send them some stats of what they could expect to receive (how much per sale, % of purchases to visitors, etc). And if you were just starting out, definitely offer them a little more for each sale….at least initially to build the relationship. Just keep in mind that they are all about making the monies too ;) I hope that helps!

HellaLeadz

What would you suggest to say to affiliates if you are just starting out? I mean, how would you structure your first, second, third message to get their interest and at the same time don't come out as a creepy dude?

I am aware affiliates have a lot of things they can promote, and some of them have a lot of money, so how would you distinguish yourself from the crowd?

Thanks.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views