Which Social Media Networks Are Important?

Namoh

I'm the owner of GeekZone and I have an account on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, DeviantArt, YouTube and Google+. Is there any other network I should use to advertise my community? Perhaps some niche specific networks? The niche is: coding, graphics, gaming, tech (geeky stuff, hence the name)

Thanks.

Harry P

Twitter, Youtube and Google+ are my favorite social networks, in my point of view, webmaster forums and tech sites are the best platform to advertise your community for free. Beside, you should consider to buy paid traffic to increase traffic for your community fast without spending more time on advertising or promoting.

ulterios

What is your Twitter ID? I just want to see what you have been doing there.

Twitter is great for driving targeted traffic from my own experience.

Namoh

Twitter, Youtube and Google+ are my favorite social networks, in my point of view, webmaster forums and tech sites are the best platform to advertise your community for free. Beside, you should consider to buy paid traffic to increase traffic for your community fast without spending more time on advertising or promoting.
Where would I find reliable places to purchase traffic?

What is your Twitter ID? I just want to see what you have been doing there.

Twitter is great for driving targeted traffic from my own experience.
https://twitter.com/GeekZoneON

Harry P

Harry P
Analyze ist traffic before buying by using any SEO or traffic tools such as alexa, semrush, similarweb..etc. Find sites that getting high traffic to buy ads.
If your niches are coding, graphics, gaming, tech...then sites as webmastersun, is a good choice and suitable for your site but I'm afraid they are having too many ads at this time which can decrease clicks for your banners.

HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly
The ONLY reliable places where you can buy traffic are Google and Facebook. Buy from any other place and you risk buying useless bot traffic.

Maxoq

I'm the owner of GeekZone and I have an account on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, DeviantArt, YouTube and Google+. Is there any other network I should use to advertise my community? Perhaps some niche specific networks? The niche is: coding, graphics, gaming, tech (geeky stuff, hence the name)

Thanks.
Almost social networks are important for increasing traffic for my site, it's easy and free source which you are getting free by doing forum marketing.

For me I would choose Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Youtube because it is suitable to my niches over other social networks.

HCFGrizzly

Thanks.
ALL social media platforms are important. Sure, some are more useful depending on a niche, but you should have a presence on ALL the platforms.
Except from the ones you mentioned I would also suggest Pinterest and you should also try to promote yourself on Reddit

ulterios

Where would I find reliable places to purchase traffic?
You must be careful when purchasing traffic since a lot of places/sellers are just selling useless bot traffic.

After looking at your Twitter page I have 3 recommendations.

1. Use hashtags in your Tweets. This helps to get your Tweets found in Twitter's search better. I thought they were BS, but after some testing I have found that they really make a difference. Just don't get carried away. ;)

2. Send out some Tweets with some links to good articles, stories, blog posts that are related to topics that your target audience might be interested in. It can help draw them to your Twitter page, read your Tweets and hopefully visit and sign-up on your site.

3. Include pictures/images in your Tweets if possible that are related to what the Tweet is about.

Reactions: Harry P

Harry P

Harry P

Both are effective for me and using these ways. Are you trying to use re-tweet from more Twitter accounts to increase traffic to your twitter and your website?

ulterios

ulterios
I only RT Tweets from other Twitter accounts that I have when they are related to that particular Twitter account. I do Tweet from different accounts about content from a particular Twitter accounts' associated website when it pertains to the account.

I have a couple of website and blog owner related site's so some of the articles from one site and it's associated Twitter account relate to the other so I do cross-promote my content as needed.

I don't try to Tweet about something that isn't related to the particular niche of that Twitter account and it's associated website. I like to only really Tweet about stuff I think that the followers from a given Twitter account will like or benefit from in some way. Too much spam on Twitter, so I don't want to be a part of that.

I always try to Tweet about stuff I think the followers of that particular account will like or might give some good info, even if the Tweet is sending them to someone else's website to read an article or look at something.

However on my personal Twitter account that most people already know about is an "Anything Goes" type of accounts and I Tweet about whatever happens to cross my mind or I think my followers might find some use for. There's even some Tweets about random stuff that I find funny or I am thinking! ;)

strixmedia

Linkedin and twitter.

Namoh

You must be careful when purchasing traffic since a lot of places/sellers are just selling useless bot traffic.

After looking at your Twitter page I have 3 recommendations.

1. Use hashtags in your Tweets. This helps to get your Tweets found in Twitter's search better. I thought they were BS, but after some testing I have found that they really make a difference. Just don't get carried away. ;)

2. Send out some Tweets with some links to good articles, stories, blog posts that are related to topics that your target audience might be interested in. It can help draw them to your Twitter page, read your Tweets and hopefully visit and sign-up on your site.

3. Include pictures/images in your Tweets if possible that are related to what the Tweet is about.
Alright, thanks for the advice!

The ONLY reliable places where you can buy traffic are Google and Facebook. Buy from any other place and you risk buying useless bot traffic.
Yea, I received a Google AdWords voucher in my mail the other day, gonna use that to begin with. However, how much should I spend per click? Never really understood how to determine the correct amount.

Reactions: The Atlantic

HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly
There isn`t a fixed amount on how much you should spend. It really depends on the niche you are in. Start with a small amount and if the ads are not showing up, increase the bid until they do.
In order to increase the performance of your campaign you should study your demographics. See what age categories work best, what geographical regions work best, what genders, devices and even hours of the day work best.
After you have this information you should show the ads to only the most performing demographic. But, there is a catch, in order to see what the best demographic is, you will have to spend some money at the beginning in order to obtain that data.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Aby
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.