How hard is it for a web site to make $1000 a month?

Harry P

Please forgive me if this is a bit of an odd question.
Do you consider $1000 a month to be a lot of money for a website to make? Has your website obtained this amount?

Sandra

A website is not a business, it is a branch office of a business.
So, is $1000 a month too much for Amazon? No.
Is $1000 a month too much for a small blog monetized with adsense? Yes.

whland

It can be hard to make that amount from a website. I'm getting close to that amount with my website in my signature but that is after almost 4 years of it being online.

I do also have another site which is 2 years old and it's starting to add to the income. I do see both my websites bringing in that much and maybe even more in another year or so. Maybe even sooner.

biGGuns

In general, no it's not a lot. There is potential to earn way beyond that mark. But when you say just a "site" without mentioning what kind of sites, what vertical and monetization type, you can't get more than just a vague answer.

PTTed

Do you consider $1000 a month to be a lot of money for a website to make?
Everything is relative.

In most cases, yes, $1,000 per month is an excellent earning website. But it really depends on the site and the situation. Like Sandra said, $1,000 per month is a lot of money for a small blog monetized with Adsense. However, if you are running an ecommerce site or selling product via Amazon then $1,000 might be considered a total failure. It all depends on the situation.

It also depends on where a person lives and the cost of living there and standard of living there. I live in the USA. So, $1,000 per month is not enough money to live on. Someone living in the Philippines for example might think they hit the jackpot making $1,000 per month.

Also note that the vast majority of people who try to make money with a website cannot and will not ever produce a website that earns $1,000 in a year let alone $1,000 per month. So in that context, a $1,000 earner is a very good earner and among the very small percentage of sites that earn that much or more.

If you are fishing for opinions trying to determine what people think, then I can share this with you. When someone from the United States is new to the idea of making money on the internet or building a website that makes money, they are imaging that if they built a website it might earn them a few thousand per month and if they are good it will earn more than that. They are imagining that a small percentage of people can build a site like that in a reasonably short period of time. Where they are wrong is thinking that percentage is like 10% or so. In reality, that percentage is more like 0.1% or probably even lower.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.