How to set up multistore site using Woocommerce?

CyberAlchemist

I heard of Woocommerce that can help your wordpress become a shopporting cart, has anyone tried it? it is possible to set up multistore site using Woocommerce?

I have an ecommerce website and I want to create multistore like this

for example
Code:
www.example.com/shop1/
www.example.com/shop2/
www.example.com/shop3/
www.example.com/shop4/
where each user1, user2, user3, user4 can have their own store and act independently.

Ron Killian

savidge4

I heard of Woocommerce that can help your wordpress become a shopporting cart, has anyone tried it? it is possible to set up multistore site using Woocommerce?

I have an ecommerce website and I want to create multistore like this

for example
Code:
www.example.com/shop1/
www.example.com/shop2/
www.example.com/shop3/
www.example.com/shop4/
where each user1, user2, user3, user4 can have their own store and act independently.
Because you are saying you want each store separate AND independent, you would simply load a theme and WooCommerce Plugin into sub folders.

The "Multi Site" function within WooCommerce is more for those that are looking to have separate URLS and utilize a single WooCommerce set-up.

CyberAlchemist

This is currently being discussed in another thread, well Woocommerce, shopping carts:

https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/12082-Good-shopping-carts-for-Wordpress

Love it myself. Never tried multi-site, no clue.

[EDIT] Just did a quick google search, and people are saying it is multi-site compatible.
It is quite different with my question because I am searching for a function to create multistore in wordpress.
Because you are saying you want each store separate AND independent, you would simply load a theme and WooCommerce Plugin into sub folders.
Yes but creting sub folders is not the way I want to create, it should be done on the same theme and wordpress system...it likes WordPress Multisite..where everyone can create their own store/shopping cart when they register an account into my website.
The "Multi Site" function within WooCommerce is more for those that are looking to have separate URLS and utilize a single WooCommerce set-up.
Which function can I create this within WooCommerce?

Ron Killian

My mistake.

But now I can see your looking for a marketplace theme/set up. There are a number out there.

Here's some that work with Woocommerce:

[URLnofo]http://themeforest.net/item/-makery-marketplace-wordpress-theme/9609178[/URLnofo]

[URLnofo]https://wedevs.com/products/plugins/dokan/[/URLnofo]

Here's one for Easy Digital Downloads:

[URLnofo]http://themeforest.net/item/squarecode-marketplace-for-easy-digital-downloads/8219662[/URLnofo]

Plenty of them out there.

ron13315

As for my experience, you must go for subdirectory installation of each wordpress/woocommerce instead of using WP multisite, theres so much trouble in there.

savidge4

I didn't think about it at the time, but there is a solution for this. I would think if you look at:[URLnofo]https://www.woothemes.com/products/product-vendors/[/URLnofo] would do the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liam

Liam
I was looking for something that would do this myself but didn't see that plugin on the woocommerce website. I'll have to check it out, thanks for the link.

kingcool52

You will be glad to know that Woocommerce is actually compatible with multi-site, according to this site I found anyway. Basically, all you have to do is setup the multi-site function on your wordpress installation, install Woocommerce and it should work straight away without the need for any extra plugins or code. It should do exactly what you want - each different site on your installation will have different products.

jyy

I'd go ahead and get the WooCommerce Multi-store plugin for 199 USD. Anyway, myself, I wish there were cheaper ways to get things done, but often it isn't the case. For instance, I bought a JobRoller theme for some employment projects I'm doing and that set me back between 50 and 100 USD. However, though, in the long run, it's turned out to be a good use of money. It's got everything covered - probably just like this plugin I'm speaking of.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.