How to write affiliate product reviews that convert well?

JoeHamilton

I searched through WebmasterSun and have not really found any answers to this question.

I am running an affiliate review blog and having a decent traffic but want to do/earn a little more. Does anyone have a good structure or sample for writing good product reviews that convert pretty good?

I have some questions and it would be great if you can to help me, such as:
How many affiliate links per review do you use?
How do you structure your review?
Do you have a sample of an actual live review? and so on?

I want to thank you in advance to anyone that is willing to share me tips!

itsmechyanit

@joe first of all congrats for your review blog in Advance ,keep taking massive action

When we review something

Here is What we do

The first 3 to 4 lines introduces the creators of the product like

Product xyz is created by xyz he has been in the game for so and so time and has made so and so money

This gives credibility to the product , and remember to promote quality product

Then always pay emphasis on the benefits not the features

Feature- It can be something like it has 12 full blown videos on SEO
Benefit- It could be something like if you follow the training properly you can rank your website in Flat 24hrs

and then give a massive call to Action

Like some bonus ,If you think creating a bonus is a difficult task but it is not to be honest ,Remember it is good to have some bonus than to have no bonus at all

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions

Chyanit
Super Affiliate

Developer

The key is to look at the review NOT like a review. But as if you
were casually talking with a friend who happened to mention the
product/service/etc...

Be yourself, your readers will know when you are trying to "sling
the shit" and they WILL duck (duck = run away, ignore the CTA).

Do not try to sell the product. ALWAYS sell the benefits (as Chyanit
suggested) and ALWAYS ALWAYS tell the truth -- BE HONEST!

Believe it or not, many times, I make more affiliate sales when I suggest
that my reader does NOT purchase an item. Of course, I always go into
explicit detail as to why I am telling them NOT to purchase. Doing so let's
them know exactly what my opinion is based on and many times, just
because the product was no good for me, it may be EXACTLY what will
turn them on to it.

Being honest MAY sometimes cut into your bottom line, HOWEVER,
the trust you earn by being brutally honest is priceless and WILL result
in more sales of other products you promote.

itsmechyanit

very good Advice given by @developer ,I just forgot to mention that you have to be honest ,you just cannot promise anything

also before reviewing it would be really good if you purchase or get the review copy of the product yourself and go through it

It will give the readers or customers a sense of trust

Thank you

iSixty

If you are in the United States, one additional thing that must be included somewhere on the review page is a disclosure of your connection with the product owner. This is required by the Federal Trade Commission regulations, but many product reviewers fail to include it.

Miguelito203

I searched through WebmasterSun and have not really found any answers to this question.

I am running an affiliate review blog and having a decent traffic but want to do/earn a little more. Does anyone have a good structure or sample for writing good product reviews that convert pretty good?

I have some questions and it would be great if you can to help me, such as:

I want to thank you in advance to anyone that is willing to share me tips!
The layout for your site can matter but can also depend on what niche you're in. In terms of writing, you might want to test things like where you put your links and stuff like that. You can try changing some of your writing around. From what I've seen, people who are good writers, are good writers. There's no like "one size fits all" template for something like this.

Joey

Samm

4 on some, 1 one others.

It varies. The site I am referring to converts the best of all my current sites. Its links are not cloaked and they are simple sentences like "learn about the XYZ" or "check prices for the XYZ model". They can be mid-way down the page, at the top of the page, or at the bottom of the page. I also add affiliate links on images sometimes, though not consistently.

Based upon the product. For example, some products need a "durability" review section. Other products need a discussion about types of users and highly specific needs.

Typical structure:
1. Description of product and a hint at what's in the review
2. Pros
3. Cons
4. Compared to another brand, similar or identical type of product
5. Specs and Features (measurements, weight, unique design features, etc)
6. Conclusion
7. Star rating 1-5 stars

Yes, feel free to IM me for the url and I can provide 1-2 example sites where reviews are posted.

Better converting review articles
If you can find a set of products that you know well or can get to know well, then your writing will be more natural. This helps tremendously to convey that you truly know the subject. However, even if you don't understand everything there is about a type of product, you can still spend time reading on blogs, in forums and in books at the library. A single hour of study will add a lot to your review writing; I would urge you to practice doing research before hand and going just a bit further with the research and note taking. THEN write.

The more exhaustive you can be, providing almost everything that a person would want to know about the product, the more your review will stand out. For example, if you bought the product you could have many high resolution photos available to review-readers - dispersed between your personal experience testing the product. If you found a competitor didn't mention something good or bad about a product - write extensively about those things. Your review site will have a unique and valuable set of points by which shoppers can assess their needs and the product.

A short, 300-word review with stock photos of a product may convert link clicks into sales....and is low effort to create. Many affiliate marketers write articles like this. Add a bit more effort, time and research to your writing and your reviews will sparkle and convert better. It's also rewarding to see that you've made an outstanding review that can really help some people know before they buy, or decide not to.

I hope this helps you.

WebmasterPhil

The reviews is not necessarily the problem. It's more important to focus on the traffic. The more targeted traffic you get, the more likely someone will bite.

Lina

The most important thing is to write a review based on your personal experience - try the product, describe all the path and experiences you had during the trial, and right, be HONEST.
Avoid describing the product as the best, provide sincere (and negative if needed, too) opinion.

Hope that helps

Lina

kb24

I usually do an overview of the product

Its pros and cons
where the product lacks
Your opinion on the product (what you liked didn't like)
Conclusion..

Yourpwet

A better approach to promoting affiliate products is to make a tutorial about something. Like for instance make a tutorial about making money online by making a WordPress website. From there, you could promote multiple products and services like what web host provider they should choose or your recommended WordPress themes and plugins. Another example would be to make a tutorial about taking excellent photos. Then recommend what type of camera they should buy, what equipment, etc.

Making a tutorial to promote affiliate products has been tried and tested to provide great results because a person reading that tutorial is really in need of something. Try it out.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.