Share, Like or Follow, which is better in social media marketing?

Emilio

I'm using social networks (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Linkedin..etc) as a tool to increase traffic to my site. I have the choice of placing social buttons that will let someone "share/tweet" my blog posts or "Like/+1/follow" it...i.e to Facebook. Twitter, Google+. Which should I use? why?

savidge4

I'm using social networks (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Linkedin..etc) as a tool to increase traffic to my site. I have the choice of placing social buttons that will let someone "share/tweet" my blog posts or "Like/+1/follow" it...i.e to Facebook. Twitter, Google+. Which should I use? why?
All the above would be the ideal answer. It becomes a matter of where these items are placed to maximize the effectiveness overall. Generally speaking you want your follow linking in the upper corner or the lower corner. this is the most prominent placement you see over all... there are also those that place a more graphic invite to follow in the side bar.

In terms of sharing.... I personally do not place these at the top of the page.. why would somebody share something they haven't read yet? With tweets in particular, I am a big fan of "sharing" a quote mid article - depending on the size of the article,maybe 2 or 3 shares. and then at the bottom right in and around your Authors box I would make the push to share the content there.

There is also the otion of side floating follow and share panels... something you may want to test and see how they work for you. I hate the things myself, so I dont see them, because I dont like looking at them! hahaha They do convert decently.. but dropping this down by the author box and making the appeal to share your content I find overall better. If you have a link justsitting there they might do it..if you have a link asking to press on it.. then you increase your odds.

HCFGrizzly

What platform is your website on? Why can`t you place all these 2 buttons on your website?
I`m asking these questions because both options are important.

Miguelito203

It's cool if you want to use as many as possible - the more options the better (shouldn't look messy and cluttered). However, I've also noticed that people in certain niche markets seem to prefer one or two social media platforms over others. For example, if your niche is very visual, you might really want to make sure that you use a site like Pinterest or Instagram. The key thing to know about social media is that you need to start building a following BEFORE you start promoting stuff. This also means your first few tweets shouldn't be promotions.

Joey

Ola Rybacka

It's really good when lots of people follow your page. But imagine - your page has eg. 100000 followers, but nobody engages with content you provide. It's not so good, right? That's why the balance between different types of social activities is that important.

Nancy G

Use whatever available buttons you can place to drive traffic to your website and to engage your visitors or users.

Basically you share or follow whenever you like the content. "Like" helps in measuring the performance of a particular content on a web page. The option to share, follow or manually unfollow depends on the user and is normally used to gauge perceived value of the content or web page to the user. Share means promoting your web page faster to new markets via your users and follow means liking to be updated on any new posts on your page. Companies focus more on getting the most out of the followers since they are valued as regular customers or potential sales leads.

CookieRunner

All would be beneficial! You can always use everything and it will increase traffic on any site. It is important that you have those buttons so that people can instantly share your site. It is also important where you place the buttons and all -- make it see-able by those people who visit your site an

seo_king

You should use all three. The number of likes your content gets can determine whether a new user will try to watch/read it. I've avoided watching many YouTube videos because I saw many views but very few likes. The share button will increase the exposure your site gets and can attract new traffic/users. The follow button will ensure that your new content reaches a certain number of users regularly. So you can see that omitting any one of them is not a good idea.

Heather

That will be depends on your niche. But as much as possible try to use everything in there to maximize the benefits you can get from them. You don't really have to choose but if you wanted to prioritized a certain SNS try considering your type of niche first and look where your audiences usually are and start from there.

edwardkenway

Above all you use social media sites are very useful for promoting and bring traffic to your site are very useful, If you are look at it as a professional way then facebook would be go 1st because of its unique boosting option which will more helpful to take more traffic on a website. Beside this other social media are works well for bring traffic on a website. For facebook if you want to use its boosting option then you've to spend some money it's not completely free where others are free but they dont have options like facebook.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Jim
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.