PPC vs Email Marketing: Which should you invest in first?

brettek

Has anyone tried both methods to increase traffic for your site, please share your thoughts about PPC and email marketing.
Which should you invest in first? and why?

jeffhowell

As Ron said - both... Buy PPC and build a mailing list :) you have to take advantage of all possibilities.

Ron Killian

Well, kind of two different channels in my opinion. PPC is traffic and traffic is needed to build a email list. Of course when you have a list you "should" have traffic, but email marketing is not really a way to generate traffic from scratch.

That said, PPC can be very risk, easy to lose alot of money if you don't what your doing, or if you don't have a converting sales funnel in place.

Whether time or money, I would invest in building a list for email marketing. Then you have an asset you can build upon. PPC traffic is only flowing while your paying.

As Ron said - both... Buy PPC and build a mailing list :) you have to take advantage of all possibilities.
Appreciate the mentioned, but I was NOT recommending PPC :)

As I said, it can be VERY risky. You need to absolutely test and track, have money to burn, taking a loss in the short term at the least. Takes some skills to get that type of traffic to pay off.

Crystal Violet

Has anyone tried both methods to increase traffic for your site, please share your thoughts about PPC and email marketing.
Which should you invest in first? and why?
I use PPC (My Traffic Source) to have those interested in my niche to go to my opt-in page. When they opt-in they become about of my email marketing list. Once I have their attention I email them regularly and sometimes I market products and services that may send them to my site.

Paid traffic is risky as mentioned before but it can get a lot of people to your page in a short period time and you can build your email list quickly.

You can send traffic to you site other ways such as using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube videos, or Instagram. I have not used these other methods but my understanding you can get some really targeted traffic using Facebook if you are diligent.

Charliedavid

I don't know much about email marketing but as per ppc is concerned it can yield a huge amount of traffic along with sales. Can anyone help me out in relation to email marketing tips?

samimnoorzaitgc

PPC is great. The most famous PPC advertising network is AdWords that can help you a lot. Start putting your relevant Ads on High search value keywords to get better results. You might need a budget of $100-$500 to reach success with AdWords.

seospy

PPC is my first choice. You will pay for each clicks and each clicks generate sure leads. I am using google ad word services for my each clients. We are the certified partner of google ppc services and manage everything like Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Youtube Ads and much more at affordable rates.

Last edited:

w3master

We have used ppc while we were still doing full fledged SEO to our website:

PPC surely generate traffic and potential leads click in: we created email list and promoted our services: many of them became our clients: I think its in the way how we turn potential leads to the clients

Also we have set our budget for month on ppc, and if we spent 100 $ on ppc, we made sure that we reaped at least 150 $ from the same: cos we paid , we wanted to have profit (or at least break even): you work really hard the way initially

once you are ready with few clients and the SEO ready, you can get more showing your current clientele and progressive works....

wmguides

PPC is the best and easy method to get targeted traffic and this targeted traffic generates sales and leads. But before investing PPC a proper strategy should be built. If you have not a proper strategy for PPC marketing campaign then you will get nothing and only loose your money.
As regarding to the email marketing, it should be done after PPC marketing.

vicsylicious

PPC is better. you can choose which parts of the globe yer advertisement will be visible. with PPC you dont only get to choose where your ads will be visible, you also get to choose when it will be displayed. you can target multiple or single cities, state and countries. It allows u to reach more people.

datamaya

I vote for PPC. The result is faster. Email marketing, in my opinion, is more suitable for maintaining leads and customers, not to get ones.

Samwrita

PPC brings you traffic to your blog/ offer. Some of those visitors get into your email list. Email marketing sends offers to the people inside your list, and keeps doing that, forever (hopefully). At least that has been so, from my experience. Good luck!

Aryan

Both have their own advantages:
PPC is more costly rather than email marketing. But in email marketing, we don't have exact data like old lists of email_ids, wrong financial data about the target audience for our ads. While in PPC we can choose user based on so many things like: locations, interest, timing etc.

anayabisht05

Both are good, but as all know ppc is a costly process, if you have a enough budget to perform pay per click for your website then i will suggest you to go with PPC, Email marketing is also valuable but not much as PPC, if you want to spent a low budget then you can go with Email marketing.

tiffiecute

We don't have a perfect marketing tool. Online marketing comprises of effort, time and money. My recommendation is to choose one tool. Personally, I prefer Email Marketing. You just patiently need to strive on it for at least six months and then add another one if you can. If you try to do both at the same time, you’ll dilute your efforts and do none of them well.

behappie

My choice is PPC. I prefer it because it is more effective, although most times, you have to part with some money. Being able to get the required amount of traffic depends solely on the techniques a site or blog owner adopts. We have a large number of people who have achieved quite a lot of feat using PPC. Using it surely guarantee traffic but it comes with purchasing power. The more dollars you have, the more your ability to get the required traffic
Email marketing is effective in its own right but if you want quick result, you have it with PPC.

etdigital

I would say choose PPC advertising. Where you can display your products/services to your target audience. You have to pay only when somebody clicks your ad. You can decide your daily budget, Cost per click(CPC), demographics etc. Google Adwords drives traffic relevant to your website ie. keywords used in your campaign. Google Ads helps to generate leads and conversions in less duration of time.

Judas2018

Pay per click may not always be worth the money, depending on the company you contract for the job. But if you do your homework, it beats e-mail marketing every time. NO ONE - likes email marketing. It's considered spam in many circles. If you're going to market via email, market to people in correspondence. Through a reply. But don't come off as desperate. Just leave a link to your site and your logo at the end of the email. The receiver will figure it out.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies