WordPress Admin Panel Loads very Slowly

vishwa

Hello Everybody,

I am in a problem right now. Actually The problem I am facing is the admin panel of my WordPress site (vmblogger.com) loads very slowly. WordPress news feed also doesn't loads. I am not be able to add/edit posts, Not be able to save theme options and settings etc, getting 408 error as well when try to activate to deactivate plugins.

I am on Godaddy Managed WordPress hosting and had also called to their Customer support team and they didn't able to help me. I had also try to deactivate the plugins to check the compatibility issues but it doesn't work and problem still persists. I am really in a big problem. Please help me to resolve this issue. I am using WordPress latest version 4.4.1

gabrielle

Hello Everybody,

I am in a problem right now. Actually The problem I am facing is the admin panel of my WordPress site loads very slowly. WordPress news feed also doesn't loads. I am not be able to add/edit posts, Not be able to save theme options and settings etc, getting 408 error as well when try to activate to deactivate plugins.
Have you install a firewall for your wp-admin on website?

Checking plugins that you have installed recently and try to remove/disabled them

This error (HTTP 408 Request Timeout or HTTP 409 Conflict) means that the server took too long to display the page or there were too many people requesting the same webpage.

I am on Godaddy Managed WordPress hosting and had also called to their Customer support team and they didn't able to help me. I had also try to deactivate the plugins to check the compatibility issues but it doesn't work and problem still persists. I am really in a big problem. Please help me to resolve this issue. I am using WordPress latest version 4.4.1
They will not support in this case because its from your web system.

You should cut/remove all plugins from plugins folder to another folder manually via ftp to test and see how it works.

I am not be able to add/edit posts, Not be able to save theme options and settings etc
Note on this, this is the signal that your site is being exploited by one of plugins or a type of malware/virus putted on your hosting...just my guess.

vishwa

Thanks for the help. I had already do the same, But problem still persist. Should I have to change the hosting?

Localnode

GoDaddy isn't the best host in the world.

Instead of cut/pasting plugins - rename the plugin folder. Make a fresh Wordpress install, on a test bench. Install the plugins you have on your live website 1 by 1. When/if your admin panel on the test bench becomes slow - you know which plugin it is. You said you already tried removing the plugins - but it's imperative that you actually do it.

It's also important to note - when migrating from one host to another host, using cPanel transfer tool - the problems are more than likely to persist on the new host if it's caused by a plugin.

Out of interest, is this problem on Vmblogger .com? The problem you are facing may be due to the fact your IP is banned. If you installed a firewall plugin for Wordpress, read their documentation to remove your IP from the banned list.

elcidofaguy

Slow WP admin is most likely due to the fact that you need to increase your PHP memory allocation... Typically most hosts set that to 32M and once you start adding lots of plugins you'll get slow performance leading eventually to the WSOD - "white screen of death" lol.. You can increase it via cpanel or ask your host to do it for you....

In addition there are some light weight plugins that can tell you resource usage which maybe a good idea to install so that you can monitor it... Finally it can also be down to having a cheap shoddy host whom overcrowds servers thus impacting bandwidth and memory - in that case move to another webhost ASAP!

Developer

I would definitely recommend trying to install a 2nd FRESH copy of WP on to your site. (yourdomain.com/testblog or something similar)

Once installed, I would set things up to mimick your initial install as closely as possible. Changes all settings to that of your initial installment and whatnot. Then, as has been pointed out already, start installing plugins. Install each plugin, one at a time, and test things out. When you are certain that plugin didn't cause any problems, install the next one. Continue installing your plugins until an the problem appears.

Once the problem arrives, I would NOT necessarily delete it or disable it, I would start deleting / disabling OTHER plugins to find out whether it is a problem with just that one plugin itself or if it is a compatibility issue with some other plugin(s) on your site.

The problem MAY be JUST with that one plugin, or, that one plugin could just be conflicting with another plugin you're using. The only real way to find out is to do some thorough investigating. Debugging and testing the situation thoroughly will help you figure out EXACTLY what is causing the problem to ensure you are able to stay away from it in the future.

And yes, finally, it could be the hosting environment. I have never used GD myself, but, I have heard nothing but bad things about their hosting services, but again, I can not say anything from personal experience as I have none, BUT, I would definitely try setting things up on a different hosting environment if you have the means to do so. If you need a testing environment, let me know. I'd be happy to help you in any way I can.

vishwa

Thanks for you all support and help. I have also reinstall the WordPress but the problem is still persist. I am looking for other options.

Emilio

Hello Everybody,

I am in a problem right now. Actually The problem I am facing is the admin panel of my WordPress site loads very slowly. WordPress news feed also doesn't loads. I am not be able to add/edit posts, Not be able to save theme options and settings etc, getting 408 error as well when try to activate to deactivate plugins.

It is just guess' everyone if you don't show what plugins are you installing on your blog or which you have configured it or your hosting is supporting wordpress well or not then it's hard for someone solve your problem.

Thanks for you all support and help. I have also reinstall the WordPress but the problem is still persist. I am looking for other options.
You should hire or find a person to look into codes and system and solve it for you.

Riviera

Sometimes your hosting is under maintenance/service upgrading/downtime can cause slows.
GDD is not really best choice for wordpress scripting. >.<
You can try some speed increasing plugins such as WP Super Cache.
You can try CDN (like free plan of cloudflare).

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.