Yahoo SEO Tips & Tricks?

AlexGeorge

I need an SEO expert to guide me the latest Yahoo SEO updates and tricks to get first page on Yahoo search. I am really interested on Yahoo Search Engine Optimization. I know some people know about "SEO for Yahoo" but they are not willing to share. Any one?

EpicGlobalWeb

I am pretty sure that Yahoo still uses at least 49% of its own search technology provided by their Gemini system, at least on Desktop devices. The deal Yahoo and Bing talked about was mainly regarding PPC ads, I believe. Yahoo has to serve 51% of its ads to the Bing network under the latest contract - something like that.

Regardless, ranking on Yahoo by using a Yahoo-related product is still applicable today.

Anyway, I was basically saying that you should consider

1. Answering questions on Yahoo Answers that are relevant to your market.

2. You have to answer enough questions to get you to become a level 2 participant. You get that by getting "best answer" votes a bunch of times.

3. Do this with multiple accounts and answer questions that are most relevant to your market or your client's market. I would suggest you do this with a wide variety of markets / Answer categories because it gives you a solid network of do-follow backlinks once you have level 2 accounts. You take advantage of this by asking your own questions and then also answering your own questions.

SEOPub

Bing powers Yahoo search. [URLnofo]http://searchengineland.com/yahoos-transition-to-bing-organic-results-complete-49228[/URLnofo]

That deal expanded beyond the US and Canada later.

Last year, Yahoo reached a deal with Google allowing Google to provide some of the search results.

[URLnofo]http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/20/google-yahoo-search-deal/[/URLnofo]

Hawker

If you was to find an SEO expert that was to do that for you, they probably wouldn't. If they was really an expert, they would just do you SEO that would improve your ranking across all search engines. Or I should say "both" because there are only really 2 of them worth ranking in and that's Google/Bing. All the others only rank you based on your rankings in these 2 search engines. Unless you wanted to rank some Russian site in Yandex for something.

Yahoo answers has been a solid way to get traffic and dofollow links from for years that is very much overlooked by most webmasters looking for shortcuts.

SEOPub

Sounds like a modern trust monopoly.
I don't see it as a monopoly. A monopoly is more when you are paying for a service and have no other choices in your market (or very limited choices).

Using Google is free and there are plenty of other search engine choices. They all just suck. That's not Google's fault though.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads