Where does link juice come from?

hoangvu

Hey guys

I read some posts on the forum and knew that you get link juice when you get the baclinks from other sites pointing to your site. But my question is, if I have a backlink in a blog post then I will get link juice from the root domain or that blog post?

Anyone shares exactest answers?

Thanks in advance!

Developer

... if I have a backlink in a blog post then I will get link juice from the root domain or that blog post? ...
Keep in mind that I am NO SEO expert, by any means, however, I believe that the link juice gained would be for that particular page as link juice is usually drawn from whatever PAGE the link is on. HOWEVER, keep in mind, the main domain does play a large role in the amount of link juice obtained as well. So, it does play a role to some degree. Now, as I said, I am no SEO expert. I could be wrong (it happens, occassionally, lol), so I, too, would love to hear from some of our resident SEO experts.

SEOPub

SEOPub
Well, as you said, you could be wrong, and this statement is pretty wrong.

The main domain only plays a role in as far as how it links to the page where the link is on. If it is one click away from the home page, then it plays a fairly significant role. In the case of something like a Tumblr blog, where the home page does not link to it at all, the main Tumblr domain does not play a role in any links you create or acquire on pages of Tumblr.

elcidofaguy

The link juice will come from the page which has the link going to your post... Here is the catch if there are too many links on that page regardless of internal/external dofollow/nofollow links - all of it reduces the amount of juice allocated... The other thing its not proportionally distributed as links at the top of the page get more weightings, versus side bar and footer...

The simple way to think about link juice is the number of inbound links to a given page increases the amount designated and the links on that page is where the juice then flows onto - a bit like water flowing hence the common used terminology "juice" to describe this.

A good example of ranking fluctuations can be explained by this such as home page blog rolls pushing posts out of display and into archive will mean less juice for that specific post which is no longer on the home page and therefore impacts your rankings for that post...

Once you get your head around understanding link juice - you'll then want to incorporate silos as a means to funnel link juice to specific pages which you are aiming to increase rankings for.

Hope that helps...

hoangvu

The simple way to think about link juice is the number of inbound links to a given page increases the amount designated and the links on that page is where the juice then flows onto - a bit like water flowing hence the common used terminology "juice" to describe this.
I agree with you about this SEO point

The link juice will come from the page which has the link going to your post...
If this is correct why everybody wanted to have back-links on high PR, good domain history and high traffic although they get backlink on sub pages or categories on that site..I know Pagerank was out of date...

PTTed

PTTed
Just so you know...... Google PageRank is not out of date. It is still used and is still a major component of Google's primary ranking algorithm. Google just quit making PageRank values public. They did not quit using it. So, it still helps (a tremendous amount) to understand (to the best of your ability) how PageRank works. If you understand it well enough, then it starts making more sense why certain pages are outranking other pages when you do SERP analysis. And just so you know, Google has tweaked and modified how they use PageRank over the years. For example, PageRank is not distributed equally among all the links on a page. In the original algorithm it was. If you test it though, you can see that it is not. There have been other (newer) algorithms invented since the original PageRank algorithm that incorporate the use of PageRank but use it in a different way as part of a more complex and more accurate ranking algorithm.

HCFGrizzly

Hey guys

I read some posts on the forum and knew that you get link juice when you get the baclinks from other sites pointing to your site. But my question is, if I have a backlink in a blog post then I will get link juice from the root domain or that blog post?

Anyone shares exactest answers?

Thanks in advance!
As people said above me, you will get link juice from the blog post, not from the root domain but it is worth mentioning that the power of the root domain has an influence depending on how the post is link to the root.
The real question should be if that link is followed or nofollowed because this aspect dramatically changes the amount of link juice you receive.

tairear

Links can send link juice to another page on the same website, or to an external page on a different website. Each link has a certain amount of link Juice, and some links have more powerful link juice than others.

There are a number of factors that will affect the power of a link’s link juice, be it the root domain or any specific blog post, which includes the power of the referring webpage and the number of other links that are on that page.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.