What browser do you use for web development?

Emilio

Not sure if this question has been talked about, but I would like to know your personal thoughts. What browser do you use for web development? and why do you think it's better than the others in your own opinion?

biGGuns

I am not developing a lot, and I am not very good at it, but when I do I use FF I really like FireBug.

Developer

As a developer for the last 15+ years, I can say from true experience
that you do not want to use just 1 or 2 browsers. It is always best to
test the sites you develop in as many of the more widely used browsers
as you possibly can.

Whenever developing any new website, especially for some of my higher
end clients, I even go so far as to bug my sister (who has a Mac) so she
can check the site(s) on her Mac using Safari and another popular Mac
based browser.

Now a days, you definitely want to check the site on as many mobile based
browsers as well.

Once the site is developed, up and running, your job as the developer is still
not done. You should continuously check the site statistics to see what the
top 3 - 5 browsers are so that current visitors are getting the best experience.

I am well known (locally) for my OCD when it comes to my design services and
checking (and double and triple checking) things constantly, so I may go to some
extremes that others may not, however, as a developer, I personally feel that it
is my job to give the client the best result I can possibly give them for the money
they paid -- even AFTER the site is launched as that is when you can really tell
what is happening.

Also, when performing "browser testing", I highly suggest that you do actual
physical checking on the multiple browsers. Do NOT simply use "browser simulators"
as they are not always accurate and definitely not AS accurate as they should be.

If you prefer not to install multiple browsers on your own machine, employ the help
of some friends who may possibly use a different browser(s) than you. Find a way
to physically check the site on the different browsers in order to ensure you are
delivering the best results you can to your client.

RDO Servers

As a developer for the last 15+ years, I can say from true experience
that you do not want to use just 1 or 2 browsers. It is always best to
test the sites you develop in as many of the more widely used browsers
as you possibly can.
Exactly! Chrome is my go-to browser and what I use the most, but before you launch a site, you have to check it in other browsers as well. Especially IE is knowing for giving a much different look & functionality then other browsers.

The last thing you want to do is launch a site that you think your customer will love, only to find they use a different browser then you and the site looks terrible for them.

I am not developing a lot, and I am not very good at it, but when I do I use FF I really like FireBug.
You can install Firebug on Chrome as well.

~David

HCFGrizzly

It really depends on your question. If you are talking about debugging I like to use FireFox because it has that extension: Firebug.
Google Chrome has a great debugging tool also, but because I used Firebug first, I like it better. (I know, it`s a stupid motive :)) )
If we are talking about checking your work, you should use all the web browsers, because your websites need to look perfect in all the browsers (mobile or desktop)

tarunap

I use Chrome for the website as it has the best and easy to debugging tool compared to others. I just right click on the browser and say inspect element, it shows the complete details of the design.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.