How to get more people sign in for Newsletter?

Gregorio

Hello everyone,

How do you get more people sign in for newsletter of your website?
I get a decent traffic, but only a few do leave their info. I need some tips to increase number of people that want to sign in for newsletter.

Thank you in advance.

savidge4

I will just guess... you have a little box on your sidebar that says something to the effect of "Sign up here for my / our newsletter:" when was the last time you filled one of those out? what would happen if right below that box.. you had a graphic.. "10 ways to better do this or that.. click here!" Nice bright contrast color... and from there you send them basically to a squeeze page.. there are 2 ways to go from here.. give them what they clicked on - the 10 ways to better and then at the bottom again in some contrast... for more content such as this join our newsletter ( this is the method I probably use the most ) OR the hard core squeeze page... benefit benefit benefit... this one report can solve all of your problems in days.. sign up now and ge the free report that will save your life.

The other option would be a exit intent pop-up... I like Icegram... its super cheap, and works really well. the base plugin is free and the behavior trigger is like $20 or something like that. this alone, and you should see an increase in signups.

HCFGrizzly

Like savidge said, it really depends on how you place your submit form in the page.
Also, you should try to give an incentive for people to give you their email address. Offer them something free (an ebook for example) or lock your content and ask for the email to show it.

jeffhowell

I agree with things mentioned above... It depends on the hook (what can you present and give), which would attract your visitors and get their attention - the better the thing, the higher the conversion rate... Usually you can go with discounts (if you have an ecommerce store) or even free courses.

Ron Killian

Some good advice has already been given.

Most important thing, squeeze pages or opt-in boxes should ALWAYS be in test mode. Do you even know how well your opt-in section is converting? Or not converting? Testing different versions, so you can find the best converting, or at least to increase your conversions.

Maybe post your optin, or a link to it, in the reviews section. That is the only way any one can really help you. Every one can only guess. Without seeing what you have, no one can be much help.

Like asking "Why doesn't my car start?" without giving any other information :)

wmguides

Don't know where you have placed your newsletter form on your site, but what I know is that it should be placed on your site where visitors look more. Have you seen the heat map charts generated by some ad networks ? they suggest to place the ads like that. Also the content should be engaging so your visitors get interest and wants the updated content and newsletter directly to their email.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.