Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

How would you promote your own tutorials?

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/1
    Given: 248/1
    Thanks

How would you promote your own tutorials?

For your blog, you have written more good blog posts or tutorials/guides and they are really helpful for people visiting it.

How would you promote them to reach the highest amount of visitors? If you don't have an email list and you don't want to use paid traffic.

Any advice?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    I use social media to promote mine, predominantly Twitter and Facebook.

In my experience Facebook has worked better for me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 304/0
    Given: 93/0
    Thanks
    As ITMDB already pointed out, Social Media is probably one of the easiest
    methods, provided you've already built a following.

A few other methods would be word of mouth, referrals, affiliates, forum sig
    files, link exchanges, banner exchanges and classified ad sites.

One of the things I like to do with all of my text based tutorials is to turn
    them into ebooks and submit them to various directories. I also turn them
    into executable ebooks and submit them to the software directory sites. I
    include enough of the article to make it worth the download, but I always
    link back to my main site for the reader to read the rest of the article.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 15/0
    Thanks
    Sometimes I promote our tutorials through our support site, but most of the time I try to use Youtube for promoting them and then write up a good article on my site pointing to it. In return it will usually have quality links back to other useful post's on our site.

This is a little different than what I've seen people do but for me at least, it bring my visitors to and from my site quite often!

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 175/0
    Given: 101/0
    Thanks
    If your tutorials are as good as you claim them to be then your job is a lot simpler. Unlike promoting a squeeze page or sales letter/video, with a tutorial you can pretty much spam a lot of online platforms without getting in trouble. For instance, you can find groups on facebook and google plus today, post your content and get over 200 visitors today.

If you're struggling to promote tutorials then clearly you don't know where people in your niche/market hangout. Simply find where people in your niche spend a lot of time and be part of the community, or start your own community/group.

People are always looking for tutorials so they're the easiest thing to promote online.

All traffic sources work when used right and other traffic sources don't work for all niches including social media. People tend to think social media works for all niches, unfortunately it doesn't. When I get this type of question I no longer tell people to go use social media, forums, press release etc. because they end up being all over the place and never get the results they desire.

My advise is to simply know where people in your niche hangout, set yourself as an authority in those portals and enjoy free traffic. Also contribute don't just spam your content all day errrday.

Just to be clear, it doesn't have to be groups only, even forums or a blog that gets a lot of comments (you can set yourself as an authority in comments of popular blogs that are frequently updated). Even youtube has a really big and active community. Follow trends in your niche, be part of things happening in your niche, events etc.

Another great strategy I still use when I'm free is to attend live youtube broadcasts and G+ hangouts then answer all questions people ask before the person running the event gets the time to do it. They end up having no choice but mention my brand on their broadcast hehe

Hope that helps

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nytshade For This Useful Post:
    Goliathstwin (12-27-2016)

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 112/0
    Given: 32/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Developer View Post
    As ITMDB already pointed out, Social Media is probably one of the easiest
    methods, provided you've already built a following.

A few other methods would be word of mouth, referrals, affiliates, forum sig
    files, link exchanges, banner exchanges and classified ad sites.

One of the things I like to do with all of my text based tutorials is to turn
    them into ebooks and submit them to various directories. I also turn them
    into executable ebooks and submit them to the software directory sites. I
    include enough of the article to make it worth the download, but I always
    link back to my main site for the reader to read the rest of the article.
    I've been meaning to ask someone on here how valuable desktop software backlinks are to Google and if they are measured as a backlink or just direct traffic?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    You can join online groups, primarily Facebook. From there, seek approval to promote your blog and if given the chance, post quality contents on a regular basis. You can also use Twitter to help you boost your traffic.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    My advice is maybe invest a little in mode you can drive your triffic maybe from olther sites there much website that permite to do advertising like sell/buy and maybe bingads.
    Another method is to looking for the most use word and use that in your blog so your page go up on seo.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    I post with at lest 1000 character tutorial and then I try to find reddit discussion which is related to my topic and then I post it.

Normally I got 40 to 50 visitors from this type of site. Some of complain in reddit because of my few post was commercially motivated.

On one of my thread I was got 4k views from various site because of content was good and I was not post it on any site. Traffic was come from google and still I got some views.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 23/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    yes, but don't use PPC if you expect to sell something because there would be low conversion rate. However, link building is the right way to promote your tutorials because it's a major factor of SEO.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 341/7
    Given: 62/9
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    yes, but don't use PPC if you expect to sell something because there would be low conversion rate. However, link building is the right way to promote your tutorials because it's a major factor of SEO.
    How is PPC automatically going to be low conversion rate? Makes no sense. People use PPC to sell things all day long. Conversion rates with PPC depends on many things, but it can't be said it will be low conversion just by using it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 23/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Killian View Post
    How is PPC automatically going to be low conversion rate? Makes no sense. People use PPC to sell things all day long. Conversion rates with PPC depends on many things, but it can't be said it will be low conversion just by using it.
    So, do it for your PLR Affiliate Program if you think PPC is high conversion rate.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Depending on who I want to target, I stick to using the big two being Facebook and Twitter. I will also dabble a bit with Reddit, Youtube, as well as Tumblr (but that is for younger audiences). I always make sure to target other blogs as well that fall into my niche but in a productive manner. Not coming off as spam but leaving legitimate comments with a link back to my article.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/0
    Thanks
    What I really like to do is to "guest post".

There's nothing better than giving valuable advice on other people's blogs that already have a great follower base, it's a guarantee that you'll drive a decent amount of traffic, provided your content is as good as you claim.

Research popular blogs within your niche, and see if you can guest post on their blogs. Remember, your guest post pitch email should be short and right to the point about what kind of post you have in mind and how it will be valuable to their readers.

I don't agree that you should use social media to promote your blog, unless you are already popular there - you'll only be spamming and get your account banned. It's not a strategy that can guarantee any kind of success and definitely not sustainable over a long period of time.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    Totally agree with Joe ^!

I run my own youtube channel that focuses on animated business book summaries, and other various concepts on business and entrepreneurship.
    I found quite a lot of success by guest posting on other various blogs within my niche (which was really quite broad), as well as posting on business and marketing forums.

It's important that the audience that views your tutorials finds your content relevant. That way you're able to increase engagement on your tutorials, and people don't look at your posts as spam.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/1
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberAlchemist View Post
    For your blog, you have written more good blog posts or tutorials/guides and they are really helpful for people visiting it.

How would you promote them to reach the highest amount of visitors? If you don't have an email list and you don't want to use paid traffic.

Any advice?
    It depends on the NICHE you are in.

Are you into B2B niche? Use LinkedIn, Inbound.org, Growth Hackers, or such type of communities.

Are you into B2C niche? Use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Instagram...

You get the idea.

Newer Threads

1. CyberAlchemist
    laceibanet
    Replies: 5 | Views: 1380
    Last post by laceibanet, 03-17-2016, 05:26 PM
  2. steitieh
    giulio_74
    Replies: 14 | Views: 2017
    Last post by giulio_74, 07-07-2017, 04:09 PM
  3. Brett
    Ron Killian