Do people still buy PLR products?

steitieh

As title mentioned, what do people look for in PLR packs? Articles? eBooks?

How much is generally included and at what cost? I'm just curious since I am thinking about launching a website for reselling PLR products.

ulterios

Yeah, people buy them. Just remember that there are tons of sites out there selling them so the competition can be tough. Just be prepared to have to work hard to get it to pay off.

I know there are a couple members here who deal in these, perhaps they will ring in to provide more information.

Ron Killian is experienced in these so maybe he'll elaborate more on what's needed and what people look for.

Developer

TONS of people still purchase PLR products. In fact, PLR is one of the
milestones for a couple of my sites. The trick with PLR is to use it as
the beginnings of a new and better creation. PLR can be EXTREMELY
lucrative as it will normally cut down your initial workload by at least
half, especially in the research stages alone.

Much of today's PLR products however, are outsourced by NON-natives so
it is essential to check for typos and grammatical errors within ebooks and
articles, check for speech clarity, verbalization and pronunciation in videos
and functional errors within software.

Most of today's PLR comes in the form of eBooks, WP plugins and videos.

Aside from myself, there are not too many people out there who offer PLR
software apps, but they do exist (and is one of my own biggest sellers).

The easiest of all is ebooks obviously. It's extremely difficult to try to brand
a video as your own when the original creator has included his own sites in
the video or even his/her name. And if you don't know any, or much, about
PHP, editing a WP plugin will be difficult for you as well.

Ron Killian

I was hesitating about replying to this because I did not want to seem promotional. So I turned off my sig :)

Yes plenty of people make money selling or reselling PLR, more people than ever are buying it. Not like it's gone out of fashion, and I doubt very much that it ever will.

But... there is SO much competition these days. So if your thinking about reselling the same things every one else is, you might have a tough road. Not saying it's impossible, just saying you might not make much of an income. And if your selling the same as others, you will probably have to have low prices to compete. Some people are just about giving stuff away, makes no sense and they are just hurting every one. They can't be making much of a profit.

Plus, if your reselling the same stuff as every one sell, you'll need a big selection if you want to make any descent money. 10 or 20 ebooks is sure not going to make you rich. 100's might be some income. 1,000's is a better bet.

Also, if you do a better job of "selling" your stuff, you have a better opportunity. So many PLR sellers put little to no information about their products. Surprised they sell much.

Now... if you create new PLR yourself, content no one else has, then you have a much better chance. Then you could have something. Then you just need to get the word out, get traffic or build a following. It is also possible to re-purpose PLR, turn it into something else, a different format. That can work as well.

Just my thoughts.

On a side not about PLR software
. I for one just about stopped selling it because so often it stopped working down the road and I got tired of customers getting mad at me. Just my experience. If you create your own software and you can fix it, that is another story. But just reselling it can be a pain.

Developer

I think I speak for more than just myself when I say you would not have seemed "promotional".

I, for one, was actually looking forward to your response on this one. (I also do not think omitting
your sig was necessary, but, that is just my opinion, but I also HIGHLY respect your reasoning and
decision to do so.)

AND, of all the people on this forum, your response is the one I was looking most forward to seeing
as you are clearly in these type of "trenches" on a daily basis.

Now Ron, I am going to ask a question, not to attempt for us to hijack the thread in any way, but
because I honestly believe the question loans merit and relevancy to the OP's post as well...

@Ron, the OP's question was "what do people look for in PLR packs?"... So...

What would you say is the number 1 seller of all types of PLR? (or at least what type of PLR do you
sell more of in your store?)

Would you say it would be ebooks? Or videos? Or something else all together?

I know in my stores, ebooks outsell almost everything but videos are getting up there. Articles are
also a big seller, for me anyways, but I believe that is because of the low price point.

What is YOUR biggest seller in the PLR category?

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
Oh sure, now your asking for the secret sales data. What nerve!

It varies. I don't think I can say there is a clear cut winner. Varies per day, week, month and year. Each order is different. Also depends on where the traffic is coming from. My Search ranks, ect.

If I HAD to rank them, this would probably be it:

1. Ebooks/Reports
2. Articles
3. Autoresponder Messages
4. Websites
5. Video
6. Templates
7. Graphics
8. Software

And obviously some formats sell more just because of the niche.

With that said, a smart marketer looks at something I believe is even more important, much more. And this is the gold. Can't believe I am saying it here.

I look at what niches are selling the most. That is the real key. From there you can create or buy products in different formats for the niche. Course that usually takes some sales data over time. Though we can make pretty educated guesses.

giulio_74

If you want to sell plr items it is better to give people something
Of exclusive
And not sell what is sold by so many others

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
What are the advantages of buying plr items that sold more from providers out there?

Developer

Developer
PLR should never be sold AS IS, unless you have set yourself, and your site, up to do exactly that (basic reselling)...

PLR is best used to create derivatives from.

Take the PLR info and transform it into something unique, something that is your own. Add additional information, and most importantly, add your own spin.

Create new graphics and salespage and truly make it a unique product, YOUR product...

And, don't forget to add a video version to an ebook plr product, or a transcript to an audio plr product and use those either as bonuses or upsells.

Reactions: hamlak

hamlak

hamlak
Great advice from an experienced hand. This advice is worth thousands in someone's hands if you know what you are doing.

This is the way to go with PLR products. You can achieve much with PLR products if you can put in a little effort. Even something as minimal as changing the title and ecover can make a lot of difference.

Golden advice - PLR should never be sold AS IS.

Unfortunately these requires some skills which many people at the early stage do not have. You just have to put in efforts to learn if you want to do well in this IM profession. Yes it is a profession even if it is new.

People put in up to 4-8 years to become Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, etc. Why do people think it would be different with IM? LOL

Tina Golden

If you're just reselling PLR, it can be tough to get any traction as there are several awesome sites for that type of thing already. It can be done, but it depends on how large your audience is already and how much money you want to make. If you can come up with a unique twist, that can help.

Tina Golden

If you have been around for a while and have a good email list or a large social media following (of those who use PLR), then it will be easier to get their attention (and money). If you don't already have an audience, it will be much harder to build a PLR reselling business that earns a decent amount. However, if you just want a couple hundred extra a month, you will have an easier time of it.

giulio_74

The best way to know what is selling is to see what others do
Go to affiliate sites like jvzoo or warrior plus
Enter your keyword eg "plr ebook, plr articles"

And look at their sales statistics
Then go to their sales page and see what they sell
You will realize that there are products with thousands of sales

Reactions: pjprins

Nemanja

Premium Member
Nemanja
You are right on this and I checked marketplaces on these sites and plr products are still hot there but I didn't see more people asked these on social media or forums more as before.

TGiF

PLR products are abundant out there and lots of people are also selling the same products, certain sites are giving away for free to their Free Members, but very limited products due to " Free member ".

In order to be "One Notch" above the rest of the sellers, you may want to look into re-pack several PLR products, then change entirely the ebook covers and create new ebook covers for the same ebook topics. This is to ensure your products look unique and not " me too " products.

And also offer some other bonuses on top of the PLR products you plan to sell.

Lastly, I feel that these days, Videos and Videos related products including tutorial videos are hot, and these visually created videos are easier to consumed by buyers or would be buyers.

Another good tip : Some of these plr products have articles inside. Use these articles and " re-write " / Spin them to ensure they are unique and then offer/promote them to Articles Submission sites or Article Directories. Don't forget to turn these articles to videos, and also share them to all Video Sharing Sites...

Happy selling.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.