Creating a email list before launching a website?

harrygreen90

Hi everyone, I've recently heard that some people are building their email lists before they actually launch their websites. How do you do that?
I am getting confused how they can solve a particular problem, when they don't have anything for visitors yet because visitors sign up newsletters if they get benefit or valuable information on a web page. Please explain me! Thank you.

Ron Killian

Well, can't say for sure without an example.

But I am guessing in most cases, they have a website, it's just not developed, or the developed part it not public yet. Since they have a website, they can have a squeeze page. Some marketers go that route so they can build up anticipation, or maybe to gain affiliates before they launch. Like a pre-launch. Can give them a better chance of a successful and more profitable launch.

If they don't have a website yet, they would need to host their squeeze pages with their autoresponder service, or maybe a free hosting. Neither is a good idea, but sure people do it.

My best guesses :)

Developer

Hi everyone, I've recently heard that some people are building their email lists before they actually launch their websites. How do you do that?
I am getting confused how they can solve a particular problem, when they don't have anything for visitors yet because visitors sign up newsletters if they get benefit or valuable information on a web page. Please explain me! Thank you.
I'm sure you're familiar with the age old adage "Money Can't Buy Love", BUT, it can certainly buy almost everything else... If they do not have a website, its possible they could have purchased ad space somewhere, they could have purchased mailings on other people's mailing list, or it could even be that they're a guest blogger on some popular blog sites. There are a number of ways to build a list without a website, but, it does make things more difficult and drawn out.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.