Multiple Domains with different IP addresses on a VPS?

harrygreen90

I am considering moving my blogs and sites from a shared hosting to a VPS. I am not a big tech person but have enough background to get by. So I will be using a managed VPS. My question is, it is possible to host multiple websites on a VPS with different IP addresses? if so, how to achieve that? what type of VPS do I need? any advice?

Ron Killian

I am no hosting expert, but I've had VPS for several years now and have always had multiple IP's. When you set up each domain, you choose the IP. Don't think anything else needs to be done.

Ron Killian

Well, you need to add them in your webmaster panel first. Can't have a cpanel till you add a domain. Well, I always set up each domain to have it's own cpanel, IP. If I remember correctly, just add a new account or add a new domain in the webmaster panel.

Sorry, I don't remember the exact one right this moment, don't use it much and have not used it for a while now. Usually just to set up my domains. And I don't have the link handy to check it right now.

Your new host can help you with it.

Developer

Yes, you can certainly have multiple IPs on a VPS. If you have cPanel/WHM installed, then it makes the tasks at hand very simple to do.

You would need to allocate the IP addresses to your VPS account. (You will receive the IP addresses from your hosting company.)

When you're logged in to your WHM, there is a section called "IP Functions". Within that section, you would use the "Add IP Address" function ("IP Functions" >> "Add IP Address") to add the IP addresses to your VPS account.

Then, you would use the "Account Functions" >> "Change Site's IP Address" to change the IP address for whichever domain you want to assign an IP address to.

There's a little more to it than that, however, that's pretty much the gist of it and should give you an idea of how really easy it is to do.

Localnode

Usually the host will add the IP address for you. Unless you have your own IP block there;s no need for you to go into the "Add IP Address" bit.

hmb-robert

You can easily assign separate IP address for your domain names using control panel.

If you are newbie I will suggest you to go for cPanel control panel on your VPS server. Once your VPS provider adds IP block in your server you can go through following steps to assign a Ip address to your domain name.

o change a site’s IP address, perform the following steps:
Select the account or user from the Account Selection menu.
Note:
Use the Account Search By feature to search for an account by domain or by user.
Click Change.
Select the new IP address from the New Address menu.
Click Change.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.