Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

Ranking a Site With Web 2.0 Blogs Only

  • HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Results 1 to 15 of 15
    Stick this thread
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    W/ Sussex UK
    Posts
    487
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 284/3
    Given: 87/8
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 134 Times in 96 Posts

    Ranking a Site With Web 2.0 Blogs Only

    Following on from my recent poll on which Web 2.0 blog is best for SEO and brand awareness.

    I wanted to perform an experiment to show people who doubt or throw off Web 2.0 sites as an SEO/marketing tool by ranking a new website on the front page of SERP's using nothing but web 2.0 blogs only.

    I'll put everything I do here.

    I'm going to do some research and find a relatively low competition (but not too low) keyword and then create a site on it and use nothing but Web 2.0 blogs to rank it with.

    I'll probably go with an EMD on a .xyz domain as a test but may get a .com depending on what I come up with.

    Once I've registered the domain, I'll bang WordPress on it because its so easy to work with and quite SEO friendly.

    I'll post a few very unique 1000+ word articles to it based on the niche its in with unique images etc.

    Then I'll build Web 2.0 blog post backlinks to it using a mix of my main keyword and some synonyms of it etc and some general words like click here etc.

    I'll be keeping track of its ranking position using proranktracker.com

    As soon as the site is ranking for something, I'll keep repeating the process of adding new fresh content to the site then creating new high quality Web 2.0 blog articles that are pointing to it.

    Each web 2.0 blog post will have a link to my site, probably in the top part of the content, a random link to one of the other web 2's, and one or two links out to an authority site in the industry its related on too.

    We'll try to use unique images on the web 2's as well but scalped images renamed can work just as good if they're good.

    Research time will probably take a few days.

    Site building with WordPress and writing the content for it could be done in 2-3 days if I brainstormed the hell out of it and worked hard but in reality will take me about a week or so. Sooner if I outsource.

    The Web 2's will be created in about 2-3 weeks. Each will be professionally edited, all fields filled in etc, themes changed etc and be keyword friendly in their urls.

    Basically the plan is to create at least 1 article per web 2.0 site per week and keep linking back to the site from them in the articles.

    By doing this, after about 4-6 weeks, I would expect the site to be ranking on the first page result for its targeted keyword.

    One thing to note. The sites content will be completely unique although I may manually rewrite some articles in my own words but the content will be unique and contain my keywords within it in several places each time.

    The content I post to the web 2's will be spun content, but I manually spin the article by hand. Spinning sentences 2-3 times and each word/phrase within each sentence. All done manually by hand.

    While this can take much longer time to do, it is much better as that way you can check that each new spin outputs something coherent that still makes perfect sense and all the idioms are correct.

    This is absolutely fine to do for Web 2's provided you only use that spun article 5-10 times. Also I post to Web 2's manually by hand as well so add random bold/italic words, titles/subtitles/images etc.

    Well I'm definitely going to do this. I have quite a few ideas for new sites either locked away in the vault or stored in the old grey matter ready to go at any time.

    So I'll update you on my progress as and when any development happens.

    By the way, I'm not going to guarantee this will work. But for all intents and purposes it should do as it usually well does!

    And I wont just be using them for backlinks, in some of the first articles I post I might not include any links at all.

    But I will use them for the purpose that are intended for to create a "face" or "voice" for my business (site) on them and to just blog about whatever it is we are about.

    Hopefully in a few months time it would have worked out and I'll slap some Adsense on it or something. Maybe even flip it later for a turn but we'll see.

    Let me know your thoughts and feedback.

    Cheers!

    Hawker.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawker For This Useful Post:
    CyberAlchemist (02-10-2016),lamob (02-16-2016)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    121
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 134/1
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 89 Times in 54 Posts
    I am going to throw out an idea for you. Become an Amazon affiliate. Select a very specific product line be it gun holsters or heating and cooling filters - something specific. What you are wanting to develop in the apparent old days is called a Pyramid. If you think about the structure of such you would have a primary money site. In this case it would be a WooCommerce style page using the Prosotiate plugin and you would be selling product.

    the next layer would split the specific target product line. Using Holsters as an example.. you may break them into hard and soft holsters - something to that effect. from there you would have 4 sites 2 for each side of your split. And this is where you might break them down a bit more..and then you would go a level deeper that would be your base and you might do something like brand names or the like.

    Each of these pages / sites and specifically pages would have links as you progress lower in the pyramid that link deeper into the money site. Its kinda like developing Silo structure, not on a single domain bt across many domains.

    This also becomes the loose workings of a PBN. Again i say LOOSE... they are a lot alike but in many ways different.

    I personally build structures such as this... but i dont use "Free" ( I wont use the term "web 2.0" ) hosting properties.. I use mostly .com's. Structure as I see it is an investment in time at the very least, and with the money site actually having the potential to produce income with the model I suggest, this becomes an investment of time and money.. why would you really want to set in motion any form of risk by placing content on web properties that could basically shut you down when ever they wanted?

    You really need to reconsider the whole spun content and random bold blah blah blah... if you are going to do this, do it right.. build a money making machine and not some half baked popsicle stick structure. You are doing this just to see..and there are some of us that do this and actually make money. Get serious, stop goofing, put your business hat on, and actually make an income at this stuff. You actually have the outline of a decent plan... its the details and the shortcuts that are going to get you.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to savidge4 For This Useful Post:
    CyberAlchemist (02-10-2016)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Following on from my recent poll on which Web 2.0 blog is best for SEO and brand awareness.

    I wanted to perform an experiment to show people who doubt or throw off Web 2.0 sites as an SEO/marketing tool by ranking a new website on the front page of SERP's using nothing but web 2.0 blogs only.

    Hawker.
    Interesting case study! Are you going to build backlinks to your web2.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post
    the next layer would split the specific target product line. Using Holsters as an example.. you may break them into hard and soft holsters - something to that effect. from there you would have 4 sites 2 for each side of your split. And this is where you might break them down a bit more..and then you would go a level deeper that would be your base and you might do something like brand names or the like.

    Each of these pages / sites and specifically pages would have links as you progress lower in the pyramid that link deeper into the money site. Its kinda like developing Silo structure, not on a single domain bt across many domains.

    This also becomes the loose workings of a PBN. Again i say LOOSE... they are a lot alike but in many ways different.
    Thanks for sharing the idea. I am interested to learn more about this approach.
    So are you saying build a bunch of websites in same niche and interlinking them?
    Do you use different hosts for each website for these?
    Do you tried to rank all of them?
    Do you build other backlinks for the websites,e.g press release,web2.0,PBN and guest posts?

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    W/ Sussex UK
    Posts
    487
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 284/3
    Given: 87/8
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 134 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post
    I am going to throw out an idea for you. Become an Amazon affiliate. Select a very specific product line be it gun holsters or heating and cooling filters - something specific. What you are wanting to develop in the apparent old days is called a Pyramid. If you think about the structure of such you would have a primary money site. In this case it would be a WooCommerce style page using the Prosotiate plugin and you would be selling product.

    the next layer would split the specific target product line. Using Holsters as an example.. you may break them into hard and soft holsters - something to that effect. from there you would have 4 sites 2 for each side of your split. And this is where you might break them down a bit more..and then you would go a level deeper that would be your base and you might do something like brand names or the like.

    Each of these pages / sites and specifically pages would have links as you progress lower in the pyramid that link deeper into the money site. Its kinda like developing Silo structure, not on a single domain bt across many domains.

    This also becomes the loose workings of a PBN. Again i say LOOSE... they are a lot alike but in many ways different.

    I personally build structures such as this... but i dont use "Free" ( I wont use the term "web 2.0" ) hosting properties.. I use mostly .com's. Structure as I see it is an investment in time at the very least, and with the money site actually having the potential to produce income with the model I suggest, this becomes an investment of time and money.. why would you really want to set in motion any form of risk by placing content on web properties that could basically shut you down when ever they wanted?

    You really need to reconsider the whole spun content and random bold blah blah blah... if you are going to do this, do it right.. build a money making machine and not some half baked popsicle stick structure. You are doing this just to see..and there are some of us that do this and actually make money. Get serious, stop goofing, put your business hat on, and actually make an income at this stuff. You actually have the outline of a decent plan... its the details and the shortcuts that are going to get you.
    Well thanks for your feedback. Tbh, I don't know how to take it. Its like one minute its like you're supporting me the next its like you're insulting me or insulting my intelligence. Half backed popsicle stick structure? goofing? Actually make an income at this stuff?

    FYI, 1. I've been doing "this stuff" for 10+ years mate. I'm already an Amazon affiliate and have been for as long. Amazon commissions are dismal at best. There are MANY MUCH better ways to monetize your site than through Amazon!

    I think you're missing the point though. This thread was created as a follow on from the one I linked to in my OP where a poster said that "web 2.0 submission is a stupid concept". I asked him why it was a "stupid concept" to him and suggested it was stupid to him because it didn't work for him. That's kind of the MO of most people that fail at something and then say "oh its stupid and doesn't work". It does work, you probably just did it wrong or spun and submitted one crappy article and expected to get better rankings with that. That's the MO of most people but it just doesn't work like that. There was no response from him so I can only assume my assumption was correct.

    The purpose of this is to get a site ranking using nothing but Web 2.0 sites only. I get what you are saying in that its a risk because they could be shut down. But I have never had any web 2.0 blog "shut down" other than my very first ones I made years and years ago. But that was because of my folly, too many links, too commercial looking from the start. That's just not the way to do it and not how I do it any more. I always make each Web 2.0 blog look like a personal blog at first. Add some posts but don't really include any links in them, go under the radar, don't set off any flags, that kind of thing.

    But that is the point, I don't know what you mean by "the shortcuts are going to get you". What shortcuts? I'm not and wont be taking any "shortcuts" so I don't know what you've said that.

    The point is to get a site ranking on first page of Google SERP's using nothing but Web 2.0 blogs only. And that's because they ARE free that we'll be using them in this campaign.

    And also to show that poster that web 2.0 blog submission is NOT a stupid concept but is an underrated and overlooked concept by a lot of webmasters. Most of them are lazy though.

    Provided we do it right, there is no reason why those web 2's wont be around for years. The same as the ones I created back in 2009 are still there today..

    So I don't think that I do need to "reconsider the whole spun content and random bold blah blah blah..." concept. You don't want to post the exact same thing to each and every web 2.0 blog! That's just web 2.0 submission lesson 101 and plain and simple common sense. So we mix it up a bit, in some we use big paragraphs, in others we break them down, in some we bold/underline/italic some text, in some we remove some text or swap it around and use different sub-titles, h2's, h3's etc etc and different images, different sized images and content in each so that each one of them is as unique as possible.

    Maybe your web 2's get deleted and shut down but mine never do.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    W/ Sussex UK
    Posts
    487
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 284/3
    Given: 87/8
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 134 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    Interesting case study! Are you going to build backlinks to your web2.0?

    Thanks for sharing the idea. I am interested to learn more about this approach.
    So are you saying build a bunch of websites in same niche and interlinking them?
    Do you use different hosts for each website for these?
    Do you tried to rank all of them?
    Do you build other backlinks for the websites,e.g press release,web2.0,PBN and guest posts?
    You're welcome!

    So are you saying build a bunch of websites in same niche and interlinking them?

    No, I'm saying create one site and link a bunch of web 2's to it. Where have you got that from?

    Do you use different hosts for each website for these?

    I'm not creating different sites. We're talking about creating one site and linking the web 2's to it. Where have you got that from?

    Do you tried to rank all of them?

    The web 2's? Tried? That's past tense. We haven't even started on this, yet...

    Do you build other backlinks for the websites,e.g press release,web2.0,PBN and guest posts?

    Again, you're talking as though it's already happened, why are you doing that? lol

    I have done that in the past on my other web 2's though yes.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    You're welcome!

    So are you saying build a bunch of websites in same niche and interlinking them?

    No, I'm saying create one site and link a bunch of web 2's to it. Where have you got that from?

    Do you use different hosts for each website for these?

    I'm not creating different sites. We're talking about creating one site and linking the web 2's to it. Where have you got that from?

    Do you tried to rank all of them?

    The web 2's? Tried? That's past tense. We haven't even started on this, yet...

    Do you build other backlinks for the websites,e.g press release,web2.0,PBN and guest posts?

    Again, you're talking as though it's already happened, why are you doing that? lol

    I have done that in the past on my other web 2's though yes.
    Haha, maybe you didn't read my post clearly.
    Those were the questions I asked savidge4.
    My question for you was "Are you going to build backlinks to your web2.0?"

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    121
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 134/1
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 89 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    So are you saying build a bunch of websites in same niche and interlinking them?
    basically yes. Using the gun holster example you would have a top layer money site that as I said was a woocommerce or any other commerce based site selling product ( amazon becomes a good option for this ) The oher sites would be defined as segments of the primary site. So you would have a page specifically for each brand of gun as an example,and this layer would probably be the lowest layer. A step up may be hard holsters and soft holsters. and then maybe another few in there for cases both hard and soft.... Each site would be very topic specific. review site type things, with the linking going to other sites.. to read more about soft cases click here.. to buy now click here. You would be passing juice both vertically and laterally

    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    Do you use different hosts for each website for these?
    Depends on the competition level of the niche.. more often than not when you are targeting so specifically I host within one shared account

    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    Do you tried to rank all of them?
    whats the sense of building them if you are not trying to rank them?

    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    Do you build other backlinks for the websites,e.g press release,web2.0,PBN and guest posts?
    This type of structure I spend time developing community. Web 2.0 in my book is social media and NOT free blog hosting - that is what it is. I will spend time with the primary site and the non branded sites creating back links. trying to get top rank for a term such as " Smith and Wesson " is not worth the time and effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Well thanks for your feedback. Tbh, I don't know how to take it. Its like one minute its like you're supporting me the next its like you're insulting me or insulting my intelligence. Half backed popsicle stick structure? goofing? Actually make an income at this stuff?

    FYI, 1. I've been doing "this stuff" for 10+ years mate. I'm already an Amazon affiliate and have been for as long. Amazon commissions are dismal at best. There are MANY MUCH better ways to monetize your site than through Amazon!

    I think you're missing the point though. This thread was created as a follow on from the one I linked to in my OP where a poster said that "web 2.0 submission is a stupid concept". I asked him why it was a "stupid concept" to him and suggested it was stupid to him because it didn't work for him. That's kind of the MO of most people that fail at something and then say "oh its stupid and doesn't work". It does work, you probably just did it wrong or spun and submitted one crappy article and expected to get better rankings with that. That's the MO of most people but it just doesn't work like that. There was no response from him so I can only assume my assumption was correct.

    The purpose of this is to get a site ranking using nothing but Web 2.0 sites only. I get what you are saying in that its a risk because they could be shut down. But I have never had any web 2.0 blog "shut down" other than my very first ones I made years and years ago. But that was because of my folly, too many links, too commercial looking from the start. That's just not the way to do it and not how I do it any more. I always make each Web 2.0 blog look like a personal blog at first. Add some posts but don't really include any links in them, go under the radar, don't set off any flags, that kind of thing.

    But that is the point, I don't know what you mean by "the shortcuts are going to get you". What shortcuts? I'm not and wont be taking any "shortcuts" so I don't know what you've said that.

    The point is to get a site ranking on first page of Google SERP's using nothing but Web 2.0 blogs only. And that's because they ARE free that we'll be using them in this campaign.

    And also to show that poster that web 2.0 blog submission is NOT a stupid concept but is an underrated and overlooked concept by a lot of webmasters. Most of them are lazy though.

    Provided we do it right, there is no reason why those web 2's wont be around for years. The same as the ones I created back in 2009 are still there today..

    So I don't think that I do need to "reconsider the whole spun content and random bold blah blah blah..." concept. You don't want to post the exact same thing to each and every web 2.0 blog! That's just web 2.0 submission lesson 101 and plain and simple common sense. So we mix it up a bit, in some we use big paragraphs, in others we break them down, in some we bold/underline/italic some text, in some we remove some text or swap it around and use different sub-titles, h2's, h3's etc etc and different images, different sized images and content in each so that each one of them is as unique as possible.

    Maybe your web 2's get deleted and shut down but mine never do.
    Lets start with this, Web 2.0 by definition is a non static web property. Social media is web 2.0 ( IE twitter, facebook,etc ) blogs... free or not if they have comments turned on, are web 2.0. Next... "web 2.0" submission lesson 101.. nice, I dont spin at all.. i write unique context based content for every site I have, but then again I don't just have sites to build back links. I build sites to draw traffic from micro niche aspects of the target niche. I want my sites to actually get indexed and get rank.. so they pass even greater amounts of juice in the directions I point them.

    I am sorry the amazon affiliate program did not work for you... I do very well with it actually. i without question do better with amazon than I would with adsense..

    I get what you are doing.. you are building to test.. you want to show that there is some SEO ability using free blogs... But really comparing a network of free blogs vs a network of hosted sites is apples and oranges. free blogs may work.. I am sure they pass something, but you cant develop page value there like you can with a hosted page

    I wasnt really trying to knock you down.. just suggesting that if you are going to go through all this effort that maybe monetizing for the get go instead of a after thought may be a route to go.

    Run the test..I would be curious to see the results!

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    Do you build other backlinks for the websites,e.g press release,web2.0,PBN and guest posts?


    This type of structure I spend time developing community. Web 2.0 in my book is social media and NOT free blog hosting - that is what it is. I will spend time with the primary site and the non branded sites creating back links. trying to get top rank for a term such as " Smith and Wesson " is not worth the time and effort.
    I'm not sure if I got this right... I'm just wondering how you build backlinks to your primary site and the non branded sites?
    Do you use web2.0,press release,PBN or other backlinking method?

    Thanks

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    121
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 134/1
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 89 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    I'm not sure if I got this right... I'm just wondering how you build backlinks to your primary site and the non branded sites?
    Do you use web2.0,press release,PBN or other backlinking method?

    Thanks
    I dont use free blogs. Most social sites dont pass juice, I am in essence developing a PBN of sorts so not that either.

    Here is the thing... everyone says backlinks backlinks backlinks... when you are down in the low comp portion of the web back links help but they really arent needed so much. Not to say i dont have them within this structure. they are pointing from the bottom product branded pages all the way to the top as well as laterally. I spend a lot of time ensuring on page is pretty tight. I develop content on the basis of context which keeps my target focused. multiple pages targeting many of the same terms over and over increases the odds of multiple listings in a single serp.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to savidge4 For This Useful Post:
    lamob (02-16-2016)

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post
    I dont use free blogs. Most social sites dont pass juice, I am in essence developing a PBN of sorts so not that either.

    Here is the thing... everyone says backlinks backlinks backlinks... when you are down in the low comp portion of the web back links help but they really arent needed so much. Not to say i dont have them within this structure. they are pointing from the bottom product branded pages all the way to the top as well as laterally. I spend a lot of time ensuring on page is pretty tight. I develop content on the basis of context which keeps my target focused. multiple pages targeting many of the same terms over and over increases the odds of multiple listings in a single serp.
    So how do you rank without backlinks?
    I mean I understand they will be linking to each other but....I don't think there's enough?

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    121
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 134/1
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 89 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    So how do you rank without backlinks?
    I mean I understand they will be linking to each other but....I don't think there's enough?
    If I have A single primary, then 2 under that, then 4 under that and something like 12 under that.. thats 18 links pointing to the primary site. Do you build 18 free blog sites to develop backlinks? Add into the equation decent if not better than decent on page SEO coupled with content based on context and search intent and the pages do pretty good.

    Link building is not the only game in town... in local search many times you can rank with out a single "Back link" if you are not considering a half dozen citations ( some dont - and there are time that not even this is needed ) in low competition terms.. you really don't need back links to get a decent position. With over 200 variables to play with, if you chose only 1 to really focus on, the guy that is nailing 10 of them and taking a decent stab at another 30 will pass you by ( in low to low mid comp terms. ) SEO - Search Engine optimization is just that.. if it was all about link building then it would be RLB ( Rank Link building )

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to savidge4 For This Useful Post:
    lamob (02-16-2016)

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post
    If I have A single primary, then 2 under that, then 4 under that and something like 12 under that.. thats 18 links pointing to the primary site. Do you build 18 free blog sites to develop backlinks? Add into the equation decent if not better than decent on page SEO coupled with content based on context and search intent and the pages do pretty good.

    Link building is not the only game in town... in local search many times you can rank with out a single "Back link" if you are not considering a half dozen citations ( some dont - and there are time that not even this is needed ) in low competition terms.. you really don't need back links to get a decent position. With over 200 variables to play with, if you chose only 1 to really focus on, the guy that is nailing 10 of them and taking a decent stab at another 30 will pass you by ( in low to low mid comp terms. ) SEO - Search Engine optimization is just that.. if it was all about link building then it would be RLB ( Rank Link building )
    Do you use different hostings for that?
    Do you use mainly expired domains or new domains?
    Is there any difference between your approach and other PBN approach?

    I find it really interesting and would love to know more about this approach. I guess it's like a private blog network
    with a twist?

    Thanks.

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    121
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 134/1
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 89 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    Do you use different hostings for that?
    I have a few hosting plans... I just looked.. never really paid attention but i do have many entire structures on the same hosting,and i have a few that are spread out a bit. cant say that I see a performance difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    Do you use mainly expired domains or new domains?
    the whole "expired domain thing is probably nothing more than a myth.. it may have worked in the past, I dont think it works now. Google is a Registrar - they know a new domain vs an aged domain vs a aged domain that has been re registered. An old domain that is re registered might as well be a new domain, with only negatives working against it. I have noticed that if you are doing a site wide 301 redirect, it actually negatively effects ranking. There may be the juice gain, but there is the loss in there as well - something i guess you would have to look at. I personally tend to buy names a year + before I use them.. in some cases longer. I also have a collection of URL's that are 10+ yrs old as well that I adjust from time to time.

    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    Is there any difference between your approach and other PBN approach?
    I guess technically it would be an old school Pyramid structure.. kinda pre silo in a sense.. there is as I see huge differences PBN's tend to be silo sites that link vertically and only have linking off the main page. My structure is more about conversions. I tend to link vertically in my structure, but do link laterally. I am not so concerned with juice as I am directing buyers to my "Money site" Get the information you need and buy the damn thing already! LOL Think of each site as a silo un to itself. Each site is targeting a different aspect of the buyers cycle, and is refined to a specific element.

    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    I find it really interesting and would love to know more about this approach. I guess it's like a private blog network
    with a twist?
    I guess so sorta another thing for you to look into is "parasites" here is a really good article explaining that: http://incomebully.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-using-parasites-for-seo-and-more/ Once you read the article you will get an idea of why this would be better than a traditional PBN... it is a bit more bullet proof - well probably a lot more bullet proof actually. you dont have to be so concerned with doing all that work and having google come and taking it from you, as it were. A very resiliant structure.

    Dont get me wrong tho, there is without question a place for PBN's I have them and use them... Having the ability to control juice in that manor is a great tool to have in your toolbox. Pyramid structures are designed to rank and convert. PBN's are designed to get better rankings for your sites. they can work hand in hand.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to savidge4 For This Useful Post:
    lamob (02-16-2016)

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post
    I guess so sorta another thing for you to look into is "parasites" here is a really good article explaining that: http://incomebully.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-using-parasites-for-seo-and-more/ Once you read the article you will get an idea of why this would be better than a traditional PBN... it is a bit more bullet proof - well probably a lot more bullet proof actually. you dont have to be so concerned with doing all that work and having google come and taking it from you, as it were. A very resiliant structure.

    Dont get me wrong tho, there is without question a place for PBN's I have them and use them... Having the ability to control juice in that manor is a great tool to have in your toolbox. Pyramid structures are designed to rank and convert. PBN's are designed to get better rankings for your sites. they can work hand in hand.
    Do you use parasite sites for your approach as well?
    I thought you use mainly your own set of domains?
    So you don't buy expired domains for your money sites and network sites but buy some domains and aged it for a long time then use it?

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    121
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 134/1
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 89 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    Do you use parasite sites for your approach as well?
    Depending on the niche and the level of competition, yes i will incorporate such sites in the overall scheme. Multiple approaches with a single goal - getting traffic and converting. If you read forums such as this.. there are many that are of the mind set to build a landing page and send traffic.. a single avenue of traffic. it is no wonder that 99.9% of people that "try" to make money online dont. I dont want you to think I do this for every niche, because that is not the case. it has to be worth it to put in that added effort. I wouldnt do this for say an amazon affiliate site as an example

    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    I thought you use mainly your own set of domains?
    absolutely yes. We are talking about SEO here Parasites for me is a means to an end, getting traffic. Again this depends on the level of competition you targeted niche is. Long tail terms are great.. mid tail terms can be far better. That being said, good solid long tail terms in most cases will out convert most other term types, its simply a matter of developing enough of them to maximize conversions.

    Quote Originally Posted by lamob View Post
    So you don't buy expired domains for your money sites and network sites but buy some domains and aged it for a long time then use it?
    This is correct, I do NOT buy expired domains. I am a bit of a gambler in terms of niches I get into. I look at developing and trending to determine the "next best thing" I have hit pretty big in recent years with UHD ( Ultra High Def ) and 3-d printing. I bought some domains 3 4 and 5 years ago and developed them 2 years ago ish. ahead of the curve and well positioned and hit pretty big in what became highly competitive market spaces. I have some friends that got into Drones like 5 years ago that are simply crushing it now.. again getting in early and reaping the benefits later. There is no substitute for developing niche authority before the niche really pops.

    Looking forward.. solar still has H U G E potential. nailing down a target niche for self driving cars will be bigger than large. There has been some pretty cool break throughs with UV heating and cooling filters. 3-d printing is still wide open.. its not about the hardware itself, but the software or the run times to actually make stuff once you have one. The same goes for UHD... we have the tvs, we have the sound systems. There is broadcast content already..but where is the player? ( blu-ray but 4000 pixels ) Its only a matter of time before blu-ray is put to rest.

    Even if you dont have an idea of a direction you want to go, buying brandable domains is an option... I have my share of these as well.

    Here is the thing.. when you start working as a business and stop looking at today and start planning for tomorrow, YOU and your business have made a turn. The ideas of quick cash go away, and you start understanding there is a ton of research and writing and planning and structure and overall development that goes into success. I really dont think anything on the internet is getrich quick. its a learning process, and once you have learned whatworks it becomes a matter of replication over and over.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savidge4 For This Useful Post:
    lamob (02-24-2016),Steve32 (02-16-2016)

Newer Threads

  1. samimnoorzaitgc
    Selling Unique Content for your New Website/Blog
    By samimnoorzaitgc in forum Content
    jms
    Replies: 12 | Views: 3202
    Last post by jms, 06-13-2016, 03:38 AM
  2. ron13315
    Localnode
    Replies: 1 | Views: 1113
    Last post by Localnode, 02-06-2016, 05:18 AM
  3. chrisparker
    chrisparker
    Replies: 0 | Views: 787
    Last post by chrisparker, 02-06-2016, 05:55 AM
  4. wmguides
    hrishivardhan
    Replies: 5 | Views: 1056
    Last post by hrishivardhan, 02-08-2016, 01:28 PM
  5. Phil T
    Nemanja
    Replies: 10 | Views: 1479
    Last post by Nemanja, 02-22-2016, 05:06 AM

Older Threads

  1. ericplotz1
    denisehilton
    Replies: 21 | Views: 8797
    Last post by denisehilton, 04-17-2017, 06:33 AM
  2. ashfaq1994
    shimizuyoko
    Replies: 5 | Views: 1074
    Last post by shimizuyoko, 02-07-2016, 10:37 AM
  3. nesito29
    Hostrigs
    Replies: 2 | Views: 4500
    Last post by Hostrigs, 09-15-2017, 06:55 AM
  4. Tshepo
    Hawker
    Replies: 16 | Views: 2625
    Last post by Hawker, 04-17-2016, 01:34 PM
  5. harrygreen90
    hmb-robert
    Replies: 6 | Views: 1066
    Last post by hmb-robert, 02-04-2016, 12:19 PM

Latest Threads

  1. argel241
    argel241
    Replies: 0 | Views: 9
    Last post by argel241, Today, 01:32 PM
  2. Dopani
    Dopani
    Replies: 0 | Views: 18
    Last post by Dopani, Today, 12:25 PM
  3. Shirley_Sharp
    Yahoo Webmaster Tool?
    By Shirley_Sharp in forum Yahoo
    Shirley_Sharp
    Replies: 0 | Views: 17
    Last post by Shirley_Sharp, Today, 12:19 PM
  4. justsmallsteps
    Content quality checker?
    By justsmallsteps in forum Content Management
    dhovorka
    Replies: 1 | Views: 18
    Last post by dhovorka, Today, 02:56 PM
  5. dhovorka
    Hello Forum
    By dhovorka in forum New Member Introductions
    dhovorka
    Replies: 0 | Views: 14
    Last post by dhovorka, Today, 11:30 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Brett
    samimnoorzaitgc
    Replies: 4 | Views: 1370
    Last post by samimnoorzaitgc, 01-30-2016, 05:25 PM
  2. charnjeetsingh
    anhbloginc
    Replies: 2 | Views: 1276
    Last post by anhbloginc, 08-05-2015, 02:00 PM
  3. jigsawtrading
    jenniferwhite
    Replies: 2 | Views: 1324
    Last post by jenniferwhite, 03-25-2015, 07:22 AM
  4. arronmattwills
    arronmattwills
    Replies: 0 | Views: 1640
    Last post by arronmattwills, 08-25-2014, 06:22 AM
  5. bruno007
    DupiaHesailt
    Replies: 9 | Views: 2771
    Last post by DupiaHesailt, 10-29-2013, 07:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Internet Marketing Forum

Webmaster Sun is a forum where you’ll find in-depth discussions and resources to help you succeed on the web whether you are new or experienced. You’ll find it all here. With topics ranging from internet marketing, search engine optimization, social networking, make money online, web hosting, affiliate marketing as well as hands-on technical support for web design, programming and more. We are a growing community of like-minded people that is keen to help and support each other with ambitions and online endeavors. Learn and grow, make friends and contacts for life.

Come Hang Out With Us

    Facebook Twitter Webmaster Forum Google+

    Webmaster Sun Logo
Copyright ©2012 - 2017, WebmasterSun.com. All rights reserved. Internet marketing forum for internet marketers, webmasters, web hosting providers, designers and affiliate marketers.

Welcome to Webmaster Sun

The World's Number 1 Webmaster Community, SEO and Marketplace

Log in!

Continue with Facebook
Continue With Email. By signing up you indicate that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Sign in Manually

Need an account? Sign up now!