Most important thing in content?

yunarel

In your point of view, what is the most important in content of any website or blog?

Any thoughts?

steponone

Yes content is a very important thing but the presentation of that content is equally important. Today people are impatient and don't have time. So the information a person wants is to be given to him quickly and effectively. On the place of long paragraphs other means such as photos, videos, graphics gives the information quickly and people take them more easily.

EpicGlobalWeb

Content is two-fold. It has to be engaging for the reader and understandable to computers and search engines. You want to rank but you also want to be engaging when you do rank, which will happen with enough content at some point. So, here's my answer:

Most Important Technical:

1. <h1> - </h6> tags; for important rank-desire titles - order them chronologically
2. <strong></strong> and / or (CSS): {font-weight: bold;} for important words - don't use in-line CSS that much
3. <a href="someplace.html">Keyword Here</a>; put link keywords in your site and outside of your site
4. > than 600 words per article
5. Schema Tags; learn about schema mark up here: http://schema.org/docs/gs.html#microdata_how
6. Sitemap.xml File
7. Robots.txt File
8. Rewrite URL to create vanity links in your site in your .htaccess file
9. Try to disguise .php extensions (not a huge deal yet)
10. Ease of Use: Responsive for mobile and tablets, anticipate swiping and fingers

Non-technical Content Factors:

1. Contrasting color scheme: light or white background on dark text is easier to read than white text on a dark background
2. Colors: off-greens, light blues = trust & reassurance, black, #1f1f1f = expense or power and luxury, red = raised heart rate
3. Engaging content: Have a "voice" and an opinion in your content. At least be yourself.
4. Large Titles: for easy reading on multiple devices
5. Listify: Written content is easiest to digest when it comes in the form of a numbered and titled list - like this post :)

bigupman

A great piece of content won't do anything for me unless it has great pacing, so that's a must.

Claire_Anderson

Contents are very important. The most important thing in the contents are images and text. Your website should offer unique articles. Contents are the reason, the users use the website and if the website have low quality contents, then the users always have other options. If you want to improve your website contents then you need to use following tips:

1. add high quality contents and images
  2. Write longer contents because Google give more weight to longer articles
  3. add simple navigation in your website
  4. Regularly Update your website contents
  5. Use simple design layout
  6. Add attractive and colorful images
  7. Add sub headings to partition the articles to make reading easier for the users

contentranked

I think practicality is key. The more practical you can make it, the better.

People don't want to know opinions or how you done or achieved something UNLESS you can show them HOW they can achieve the same results. When you do that, you'll have readers always coming back.

TheRealRazzy

Optimizing my content is the most important thing for me :D

I could write up the best article, but if it's not optimized properly, I won't have a great chance of ranking it for specific keywords that I'm targeting.

KleponPink

The quality of the content. Here are things that a good content should have
1. answers of the customers'questions that they might search on google
2. precise keywords
3. simple language- easy to read

shivanshis4

Content needs to carry an engaging essence in order to reduce the bounce rate and increase on-page duration of the visitors. The content you are preparing should be worthy for the readers as well as the search engines if you want its complete utilization.
Main Quality of Content can be described as -
SEO Friendliness
Your content should have a right mix of keywords in order to come up at higher ranks in general searches.
Audience-centric
It should be developed keeping the target audience in mind. Age, profession, likes, interests, location and more attributes can be considered. For example a creative piece should be interesting while Education article should be informative.
Unique
Uniqueness between 90% to 100% is must if you want good ranking for your site. Seeing the important of uniqueness. If you hiring people or writing yourself, make sure that you are checking it with some good plagiarism checker before publishing.
Genre-specific
The writing style of content should vary according to genre as the audience varies too.
Error-free
Keep it free from grammar errors. Use good tools like Grammarly or Ginger to help you out.
Hope it helped. Happy writing :)

sss

There are two things to consider while deciding the most important things in content - One consideration is the Human-centric while other is Search Engine-centric. The reason is - If you are not considering the readers i.e. humans, the bounce rate will increase and you will not get regular readers but if you are neglecting the Search engines, your content will not show up in the searches, it means you will not be able to avail new reader, causing many drawbacks.

So, most important things are -

Target Audience Analytics - That's where i starts. Know what they want to read. Which writing style will engage them, what are their interests, their location, their culture/ Everything matters.

Keywords - Check the most popular keywords related to your niche and target them to get more and more new views.

Quality - Get good writers or learn better ways of writing. Contentmart will be perfect place to find writers if you are considering my experience.

Engaging Content - No one want to scroll through boring and long write-up. Use brigade buckets and other good techniques to keep users stuck to your articles or blogs.

Maintain uniqueness and use tools to check grammar errors.

Write short para, titles, meta-data, sub-titles.

I will add more things whenever I get more ideas.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.