Looking reviews for my blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishwa

Hello Everybody,

Hope you all are doing great. Recently I have launched my new blog imbloggingtips.com which is a Internet Marketing Blog. I personally invite you all to please take a look in to it and send me your ideas, suggestions and tips to improve my blog further. Waiting for your suggestions :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Killian

Didn't you already post this? Or it looks pretty much like the another one you posted?

I think it looks real nice. Looks the same as your other one, so I'll probably just be repeating the same things.

Only glaring issue I see is the grammar, needs some work. Though think I covered that on the last one as well.

I personally wouldn't post the Alexa widget. It's a traffic leak and your helping Alexa with a back link. Most important, might look bad until your number get's up there. Just a thought.

As for the newsletter sign up box, "Get interesting stuff and updates" is not very compelling to get subscribers.

Just my opinions of course. :)

vishwa

vishwa
Thanks for your review. I have remove the Alexa rank widget for now. I am also constantly trying to improve my Grammar as well and hope will soon get efficient in it.

vishwa

Hello friends, I have made few changes to my blog and request you all to please have a look and give me your feedback. Any further suggestions will be highly welcome.

Lee06

Hello,

My review :

- I really like the theme of your wordpress blog, especially the wood background.
- You sould try to improve your loading speed, you can find GTMetrix report [URLnf="https://gtmetrix.com/reports/imblogweb.com/dMIMe8M5"]here[/URLnf]
as you can see, it takes too long to load. Some users will not wait all the loading time.
- You do internal linking between your articles, and that's really good.
- Why i cant use my mouse middle button to scroll on your blog ? You have disabled mouse buttons ?

vishwa

vishwa
Thank you so much for your reviews. I will sure work on your suggestions. However i have just disable right click on my blog and anybody can easily use their middle mouse button.

WebmasterPhil

I have reviewed your site and I have to say, it's well done. The theme is good but I think you should create a better image for your header. All I see is your logo on top of a white header.. which makes it look generic. The best part about your blog is your content. You seem like you write intelligent content, not like other people who write stuff on their blog to make themselves look busy.

What you need are more Facebook fans to send traffic over to your blog. I think you should join as many Internet Marketing groups on Facebook, and comment / request to be friends with some of the people in those groups. Another way to get more followers is to use Facebook's PPC advertisement and send the users to your Fan Page.

You also post a lot of images on your blog. This is good. You should then pin these images on to Pinterest, and then get more followers on Pinterest as well. This will then send traffic from your Pinterest page to your blog.

Buzzgrain

I like the concept of this blog. It looks clean and runs smoothly. I think the only issue you may have is the domain, its not very catchy and its hard to remember

vishwa

vishwa
Thanks for the review. yeah I also thinks about the domain name. Whilst My blog gets good traffic and i am earning some good money from it. So, I am not be able to change the Domain name.

Adamski77

Looks good to me, lots of articles and a nice responsive theme.
If it's pretty new, i'd hold off the google adsense for now though

Revperrin

The good. Very well laid out. Great visualization.
The Not so good. Was kind of vague on topic and needs to make me want more.
All in all I wish I had your talent and it should get better the longer you do it.

imnathanjames

Hi vishwa,
It looks great,
nice clean theme
it's responsive
quick loading times

One small point that i think may have already been mentioned and that's the logo.
I would take away the adsense and make your logo bigger and more central.But that's just my personal thing.

I'd say it's good enough to start sending traffic and hopefully reap the rewards!
Goodluck!

Hawker

Hi vish I like the concept of your blog more than the actual design itself. I feel the design lets it down a little as that's quite a dated look these days and what the early blogs started looking like following that basic structure of a chronological blog with the sidebar with social icons, sub form and that. But you've got some fairly nice content on there, tips and that in several big categories so that's cool. But I think the site itself needs to be updated to a much more prestigious and modern looking theme that has a lot of full screen elements and makes better use of the areas on the site the header, the sidebar and the footer as that would actually then decrease your bounce rate and make the site much more valuable in the eyes of people and the search engines too. Still it's not to say the site is broken or anything and it can be good to adopt a "if it aint broke don't fix it" attitude to things to keep them running over smoothly. But I'm just saying I think it could do much better with a premium modern, fully responsive, full screen theme. If it did I would spend more time on it reading your articles and subscribing to you and clicking your links and that is my honest opinion and review of your blog.

Good concept, nice interesting domain name. But the sites aesthetic look is really letting it down and holding it back! So that's my opinion and review anyway do as you will with it I only say it in a constructive way so you can learn something from my criticize and not take it hardly and go forward and improve from there.

Cheers!

Hawker.

vishwa

Thanks Hawker for your great review. I really appreciate your opinion. Currently I am using themeforest theme and use it as a boxed style theme. I can make it broad too. But however if you have any suggestion regarding the theme or you can recommend some good WordPress theme, It will be very helpful to me.

vishwa

Hello Guys Thank you all for your support and reviews. I really appreciate it. I have a news for you. Due to high demand and request from my blog readers, I have to change my blog domain name. So, My new blog domain name is imbloggingtips.com instead of my old domain imblogweb.com Now old website will automatically redirect to new one and I don't have any issues with SEO.In reality I also don't like the old domain name at all.

I hope you all will like the new name. Thanks again for your support.

Adam Yunker

Hi Vishwa!

Congrats on having a business!

Now here's my review:

1) ADVERTISING - I know you need to make money, HOWEVER I'd suggest removing the ads until you get a passionate & loyal following. How about instead of having banner ads, create sponsored content. It pays more and won't dilute the appearance of your site (just a thought!)

2) SEARCH BAR: You have 2 search bars on your website that I believe have the exact same purpose.. Can I suggest for you to delete all your search bars? People don't use them.. Most people navigate by clicking on buttons, not searching.

3) BLOG POST - Make them stand out! On your home page you see 6 blog post, but they don't scream "Click!" at me. Try making each box distinct by possibly adding a background color to each, or instead of having a blue
"Read More >>" button on every post, make one red, blue, a darker yellow?
Make each post look unique, right now they all look the same.

4) DON'T SHOW BAD STATS - You don't want to be showing stats of comments if you only get 1 or 2 a post.. Stick to the content, build up a following then once you're getting 100+ then start showing the stats.

Don't take the CAPS LOCK as me screaming, I'm not. it's just to make each point clear & distinctive. I'm trying to work on my writing to come across more effective.. Is it working? Let me know :)

There you have it, are you a web designer? We build high quality websites all the time and have a philosophy that says to treat your websites home page like a portal, that'll take you where you need to go. Message me if you'd like to know more about this..

Have a great day! Adam

vishwa

Hello Friends, For your kind information. I have changed my blog url to imbloggingtips.com I hope you will like it. I have changed the url after getting requests from my blog readers.

sushmanayan82

I think that you need to change logo width. you can reduce it to make it attractive.
Thnaks

Zack

Nice looking blog that you have there and I saw many good articles that cover topics that I am interested in. It looks nice and clean and is bright and easy to navigate. I'd say that you did a real good job with it.

I bookmarked your site so I can go back and read some more of the posts.

daniel27lt

Hi vishwa. Just reviewed your site. Looks good. I really like the content. I read a couple of your posts and found some to be interesting.

But there was somethings that stood out to me personally that I'm not in favor of. It's the wood background. I know others might like this (as mentioned in an above comment), but I personally would make this plain white, as it will take attention away from anywhere else by keeping the reader focused on the content.

Also I noticed that your theme colors is blue and black. Which I like this, so therefore you should make the logo the same colors. You should always make the theme and the logo all the same colors and never having anymore then 2-3 color choices that are closely related. You can checkout some color palettes online to see what I mean.

Also like Adam Yunker mentioned, you shouldn't have comments and social media counts on your site for the time been, until they have reached more. As it gives a new visitor an indication that your site is not very popular and could scare people off.

I hope this has helped.

Last edited:

Zack

Zack
Hi, sorry but that's not my site. I think you mistakenly saw the members reply above yours. I have done this myself before also.

Cheers.

vishwa

Hello Guys I am very happy to be featured on Empowee blog. Its really a proud moment for me to be featured on someone's blog. You can check the post empowee.com/11-successful-bloggers-share-lessons-learned/.

I am really very thankful to you all for your support and motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views