Online market research?

dynamicdigi

Hi,

I have some online research i wish to make for my start-ups, as well as a more established firm.

What's the best means to do these things?

I know there is a lot of good software available, and I know how to sample the market effectively. But then how do I ensure proper reach and get good responses?

I'm also looking to sell on surveys, and start an online research firm focusing on research for consumer firms.

ericplotz1

Hi,

I have some online research i wish to make for my start-ups, as well as a more established firm.

What's the best means to do these things?

I know there is a lot of good software available, and I know how to sample the market effectively. But then how do I ensure proper reach and get good responses?

I'm also looking to sell on surveys, and start an online research firm focusing on research for consumer firms.
When doing market research narrow down your objectives. Understanding what your goal is, each step of the process leading to a conversion, and how a person will react to each stage will help you understand who your market is.

Divide your audience into verticals.

For instance I marketed a software for taking notes on line. Vertical markets were

Realtors
Doctors
Lawyers
College Kids
Teachers
and so on...........

You need to understand how each markets buyers react and respond. You also need to find the less traveled avenues by competitors by analyzing the competition. Analyzing what the competition is doing unveils what the competition is not doing. Thats where you need to travel. After understanding buyers in a specific vertical then you can advertise accurately or whatever. But some split testing is involved. I had a Safety Boot company I ran some ads for a while ago. We ran Facebook news feed ads with images of construction workers dropping various items on their feet. We also did a video showing the strength of the work boot compared to other boots on the market.

Our best performing ad here was is the "Glazing" vertical. When we ran our ads we separated construction into verticals.

Glazing
Plumbing
Flooring
Carpenters
Brickmasons
and so on........

So we showed ads targeted to Glazers or anything related to working with glass.

The ad was pretty graphic and it showed a close up of glass cutting throug a glazers boot. Yes with a foot in it. THats the graphic part. I didn't think the ad would've performed as well as it did.

So with this new info we had a little more direction. So then more ads of people getting their feet injured while in work boots became the trend and proved to have the most ROI, in terms of advertising.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.