Do you accept other hosting panels than cPanel?

Joseph_Hill

I have used cPanel for years now, I used, directadmin, plesk and cpanel on one of my servers but I always stick to cPanel because it's easy to use and more functions to manage websites. I feel it better other custom control panel from web hosting providers. For you, do you accept other hosting panels or you just stick to cpanel only?

bacloud

Cpanel is good and the most popular panel in the world. Users do not really know how to manage DirectAdmin or Plesk after Cpanel :) I know one company, which works with DirectAdmin only. They have around 70k hosting accounts and their migrating users do not know how to use Cpanel.

Joseph_Hill

Joseph_Hill
I researched about DirectAdmin but this panel required manual configurations than using useer interfact to control functions on it.
About Plesk I have no experience with this panel and as I knew it use nginx web server, not easy to control and i am familiar to Apache.

RDO Servers

cPanel for Linux and Plesk for Windows are by fat the most common web hosting control panels on the market.

There are plenty of other good panels, some are maybe even better, but cPanel & Plesk are so common and well know, it would be incredibly for another panel to compete with their market share.
If you are looking to move from one host to another, it is a lot easier if both hosts use the same control panel. Otherwise, I don't think it would be too bad to use a host with a different control panel.
It all depends on what your used to and what features you need vs what features their panel offers.

Localnode

cPanel mostly. I do like CentOS Web Panel and Direct Admin.
cPanel by far is the most popular Linux control panel. There's a good following for Direct Admin though - and many people prefer it over cPanel.

Ron Killian

I've had a few different panels over the years, several hosts over the years, actually don't remember them all, as it's been so long. But for many years now it's been regular cpanel. Just what I am use to and know the best. Never seen a reason to use anything different.

postcd

Im money savvy person, for my websites i would probably use free/opensource pannels like zPanel, Webmin, Kloxo, [URLnofo]http://centminmod.com[/URLnofo] or [URLnofo]https://vpssim.com/[/URLnofo] , but cPanel is well known and people demand it. Moreover cpanel support is very good. I usually receive reply to all support request via cpanel forum or they also help via ticket system. They have very good support and cpanel is very complex solution/bundle.

Talaa

I used cPanel for a while, and definitely, it is powerful. But if you runs multiple sites, you have to spend more money on control panel. Currently, I use VPSrobots to manage my servers and sites with one license. Although it is not quite as poweful as cPanel and doesn't have a nice looking interface, I think it is the best economical one.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.