Are you working full time on your blog or site?

trustdnb

A lot of threads I am seeing here more people are inclined to creating and maintaining their own blogs and websites, I'm a bit curious, is there anybody here working full-time on his/her own blog or site? or just part time? I'd most definitely want to work full time on my blogs but the current revenue that I get from them are not stable. What's it like working full-time on your own site?

bacloud

If you get enough revenue to live in 3 - 6 months period, you can switch to full time and increase traffic to get more. If it is not stable, I recommend to stay on part time.

Ron Killian

Started in 98 and went full time in 99. Been full time since. Well, in between there was a time I got slapped by the search engines hard, got burnt out and took a job for about 8 months. Still had my sites, just didn't work on them as much. Though working a job again reminded me why i started my own business.

Full time is awesome, but it has it's days. If your full time your probably dependent on the income. So it can put on some pressure. Plus it's very different working a job compared to working for yourself. Working a job you have to go to work to get your check and get paid, with your own business it's just not the same. You'd think it would, but it's not.

But the obvious... working full time can give you freedom. You usually will work alot (often more than a job), but you can do it on your own schedule. Depends slightly on what you're doing.

With the freedom I didn't have to "work" holidays, didn't miss family events, didn't have to work weekends.

And it's nice not to have a "boss". For me, I hated going to "work", hated it with a passion, so that was the big thing that drove me.

Also, I have always had multiple sites, never wanted to rely on just one source of income, just in case.

Mishymashy

Im on my site part time as i work more than full time hours, But I have great staff that keep the forums going.

bigupman

I work online full time, but not just with my sites. I also write content on fiverr and have a translation business. I love writing so writing articles for customers is awesome but I hate translating!

Can't wait to go full time with just writing, even if it is for customers along with my own sites!

Alex de Borba

I am working full-time on mine, even thus I do not see it as a blog, but rather a news source site.

How is it? Well, for me it allows me to establish my own time, have a flexible schedule and work less mostly because the social promotion, for instance, its automated so I don't necessarily need to be around the desk all the time sharing content online, it does it for me. It all depends of the way you have your site setup and the way you keep your things organized. Then again, it wasn't always this way, now it is because it is heading 6 years since I began with it, and it has a strong reputation as well as followers. Then again, the content published is not entirely compiled on other sites of the genre in the way it is on mine, as it approaches topics that often you see online, but split between 3 or 5 different sites instead of having it centralized just in one.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.