CentOS Web Panel?

arindamb

I have been recommended to use CentOS Web Panel by a web hosting company when I asking to buy their hosting but I have not ever used this web panel before. Just doing some searching online, and I just happen to find centos-webpanel(.)com. Have anyone here used it? Feature wise it looks good, since it free I might go and have a play with it?

RDO Servers

CWP (Centos WebPanel) is a good panel. Anytime we have customers looking for a VPS or dedicated, but don't want to pay for a cPanel licence, we always recommend CWP

postcd

It looks better than almost any other free control panels.
Very good is that it integrating config server firewall, allows multiple PHP versions and allows nginx.
Also has web based file manager. great.

At other side, minimum requirements for 64bit Linux is 1024MB RAM. And there are control panels that works with 256MB RAM. Example Kloxo, Webmin, zPanel(maybe)

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
Though other web panels "might" work with less than 1GB of ram it is definitely not recommended. For example, cPanel will function on a system with 512MB of ram but because Apache and MariaDB (MySQL Community Edition will be depreciated) are requiring more and more memory people were complaining to cPanel that their VPS were slow, so they raised the minimum requirements....

MarcS

Yes, CentOS Web Panel (CWP) is an open source web hosting control panel that allows you to easily manage your Linux machine. It is a feature rich control panel and offers all necessary features provided by it's paid counter parts. Here's a list of features:

PHP 5.4 and a PHP switcher
MySQL with phpMyAdmin
Email – Postfix and Dovecot, mailboxes, RoundCube web interface
CSF (Config Server Firewall)
Easy user management interface
FreeDNS Server
Live Monitoring
Backups
File System Lock (means, no more website hacking due to locking of files from changes).
Server configuration AutoFixer
cPanel Account Migration
TeamSpeak 3 Manager (Voice) and Shoutcast Manager (video streaming).

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
You forgot to mention version of Mysql and for sure after you installed CentOS Web Panel you will need to upgrade PHP and Mysql version work better for your websites.
I installed this hosting panel on my VPS and it is a good one but I will use paid hosting panel like Plesk, price is around $3/month but more better a free hosting panel.

Talaa

Talaa
I really agree with Marc. The free web panels have own unique feature set, but the paid web panel is more better than the free one, they have more powerful features and the priority customer support. So I use a paid control panel, VPSrobots, for server managment.

laceibanet

centos web panel is a good alternative to other free control panels. You have most of the options you find in other paid panels like cpanel or plesk, so if you would have to choose a free panel CWP is a great option. We also recommend Webmin/Virtualmin but that's more a matter of taste, so you should be good going with centos web panel

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads