Is Feedburner still working?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
I've read article said that its better for on page SEO if we use Feedburner on our blog or site. I also heard that Feedburner closed down the API in October 2012 but has not any official news showed that it has been shut down. I am seeing this forum is using FeedBurner on some their forums and just wondering, does it still work? and it is active or useful for SEO?

Hawker

Yes Google did officially shut down access to Feedburner’s APIs back in May 2011.

It does still work yes, you can still use it to burn your feed with them.

Having a feed or RSS sitemap is just one part of on-page SEO just like having an XML and/or HTML sitemap is.

Your feed is used for off-page SEO purposes too such as for providing extra reading options, RSS feed readers, aggregators, RSS email subscriptions etc.

FeedBurner just provides these features and others like email subscribing, podcasting, feedflare, buzzboost, pingshot, feedcount chicklet etc

But it just means that if you use/used Feedburner as a service that enables readers of your blog to receive your content via RSS or email every time you update the blog – that will cease working.

But there are a few other FeedBurner alternatives too like like FeedBlitz, Feedcat, IFTTT, Aweber or Mailchimp.

A lot of people moved to FeedBlitz after the shutdown.

Ron Killian

Sure don't hear much about feedburner these days. I remember when it use to be so popular.

I have used Aweber and Getresponse to push my RSS to subscribers, or rss to email. Though I prefer Getresponse, more options and some real nice templates made just for the feature. I have an update list that pulls from my products rss feed. Pretty nice, it's all automatic. I just add products as usual and the getresponse list builds the email from the feed and mails subs once a week. Love auto-pilot stuff. :)

vishwa

Feedburner still working great for me. I personally using it for my blog and get decent amount of Subscriber. So, According to me people still use feedburner.

Judas2018

Feedburner still exists and it still works. I pick up new subscribers for my feedburner feed every day. I am using webrss as my original news feed though - and have that hooked into my feedburner account. So whenever I update my webrss feed with my news items it automatically spits them out onto feedburner. Feedburner has lost some readers though. That's all that has changed. There was a more robust list of rss readers you could use to access peoples feeds years ago. That list has shrunk considerably as of now though.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
I agree with you, I still can log into Feedburner with my account and seeing that it is still working.
but news on the FeedBurner status blog (official blog of FeedBurner)have not been updated since May 12, 2016 hence I think they didn't care more about this any more.

RobertBishop

Hi

Yes, Google did shut down usage of Feedburner's APIs straight in May 2011. It can still work, it is possible to still use it in order to burn up off your feed together with them.

Have a good job.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views