How to make an amazon affiliate site

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
How to build a site to offer amazon products for getting commission on each sale. Please share your experience how to choose hosting, domain, website theme...etc
And another question, how much do I need to invest for type of this site and what conditions can I join Amazon associates?

ericplotz1

How to build a site to offer amazon products for getting commission on each sale. Please share your experience how to choose hosting, domain, website theme...etc
And another question, how much do I need to invest for type of this site and what conditions can I join Amazon associates?
Hosting - $5 a month
Domain - $40 for 5 years or you can get 1 year for $1
Wordpress theme - Free or a premium theme will be $35-$80 typically

If you are doing a site to offer Amazon affiliate products do a review site with blog posts. Trust me on this one. When it comes to cloaking your links, setting up woocommerce pages will conflict. Or atleast with how I do it the woocommerce pages act weird and don't hide the links from Google. SO I stick to review pages.

Then promote your site through social networks. Pinterest can be huge for Amazon affiliate sites if the product is right. Check out my thread here for more on this.

Anyone can be an Amazon associate, there are no requirements. You don't even have to have a pay pal, you can get a check sent to you.

If you don't want to spend any money on a site, utilize YouTube or other Web properties to drive traffic to products.

Ron Killian

Choosing is up to you. Ask 100 people you'll probably get 100 different answers.

The main things you need is paid quality hosting, there are hundreds of them and I am sure you'll get plenty of recommendations soon enough. You also need at least one paid domain.

Most people use Wordpress to build the site. Think you already know that. While there are theme's specific to amazon affiliate sites, you "don't" have to have one. The theme should be responsive (works well on any device), and have the layout you want. No set in stone layout, it's more a matter of taste.

As for building the site, at the low end you can add the products by hand. Or there are plenty of wordpress plug-ins you can use to build the site and even drip products in the site. Most every one I've seen has been paid, so that is one expense you might incur. Great tool and worth the investment.

You could also buy pre-made or turnkey amazon sites. Which come pre-loaded.

The big thing is to have niche sites. Each site should have a certain category of products. Like dog collars, RC cars, gardening, ect. It's tougher to try and do everything on one site.

You should also research and try to find low competition product lines. You could also target higher priced products, bigger commissions. Better yet find a combination of both. Then your off to the races. :)

Does this help?

Hawker

Building an Amazon site is much like building any site.

Obviously you want that site to be an authority site in its niche and be successful.

So instead of thinking about just making an Amazon site, think about creating a brand that you can turn into fortune 500 company.

Of course, its all about choosing something you are most passionate about.

That could be from making money online to fashion, food or anything else you care about, have knowledge on.

I find the best way to sell an Amazon product is to have your own unique review of that product or link to it as a recommendation in a blog post.

You don't really need to invest much at all these days to have your own domain and hosting, these are all fairly cheap.

Start small and scale up, upgrade hosting later as and when you need it.

Aim high though, Aim for the moon, that way even if you miss you'll still be amongst the stars! :)

savidge4

I personally use the Prosociate plugin when building this type of site. Reviews are nice, but they are really only 1 of 4 aspects in the buying process so it cuts yourself short. People looking at reviews may not always be ready to buy.

When developing an amazon site i try to niche real deep: "Leather products for men" or "Skinny Jeans" would be 2 examples I personally have sites for.

So I do write review pages. I do have a traditional woocommerce store and "shopping cart" ( its really awesome when using Prosociate. ) I do a lot of product write up not so much on the single products themselves but more atthe category level. different kinds of leather trending stuff yada yada. the idea is to rank in as many aspects of the buyers cycle as you can. the more they see you they more willing they will be to buy from you.

A trick I have learned over the years as an Amazon affiliate - chose only products that qualify for free shipping - read that again.. choose products that qualify for free shipping. Sure this step takes a good amount of time, BUT how many amazon affiliate sites do you see offering free shipping for orders over $35? It separates you from the rest of the pack real fast.

Put your phone number in the contact us page. ( I actually have a cell phone specifically for this ) It amazes me how many calls I get wanting to make a order but they are having a hard time. People associate a store ( online or offline ) with customer service. answer the phone, get the sale.

Forget the pie in the sky no time spent and the money comes rolling in and treatit like a business and it works out pretty good.

Best of luck!

Miguelito203

If you live in the United States, you should know that there are some states that are banned from becoming Amazon affiliates because of tax issues. You should check on this before you do anything. You can call them and ask (only takes a second because of how the system is set up), or you can just ask yourself if you're charged taxes when you buy something from Amazon. If you are, this is good. Proceed.

Joey

khassani

Hello,

It's fairly easy to setup an Amazon affiliate website. Basically the idea is to do product reviews alongside your affiliate links.

So you'll need webhosting + domain name (related to the products you want to review), Amazon associates programs is free to join then you'll have to choose a Wordpress theme and install it (Do a search on Google for Themes that can be used for Amazon affiliate reviews).

The most important thing is to choose a niche on Amazon which has a high demand.

All the best!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.