How bad is this for your business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aemathenge

I was trying to send a private message to one of the members here and got the following message:

Steve32 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Could there be other members here whose businesses are affected by this kind of error?
How would one deliver an important message to a person with such restrictions?
Which would be the best way to inform a member of this form of error?

Steve32

I was trying to send a private message to one of the members here and got the following message:
Steve32 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Are you trying to contact me?

Sorry I made more deals with guys here via PMs so I forgot to check my inbox is full.

I've just deleted some messages, you can contact me if needed.

RDO Servers

All users have a sent number of messages they can keep in their PM box. You can view this information at the bottom of your Inbox https://www.webmastersun.com/private.php?folderid=0

It is the users responsibility to delete messages when they are no longer needed so that your inbox does not become full.
You are right, having your message box full and unable to receive messages can have a negative effect on your business.

Hawker

That's despicable Steve and there is no excuse. Shame on you for being so darned popular!

Next time, make sure not to get so many customers then this will never happen again! :rolleyes2:

Maybe the forum could send a reminder when the inbox is getting full.

aemathenge

There is a feature in Private Messaging that enables creation of a receipt for a message sender when a recipient member reads the Private Message.
I sent two messages, the first on 15 February 2016 to one member and another message to another member on 20 February 2016. I have yet to a receive confirmation receipts of message reading.
As such, I wonder how long does it take before members read messages in their inboxes? In other words, how regular do members read messages in their inboxes?
Are there message senders that members simply ignore?
What would happen to a receipt if a receipt simply deleted a message unread?

ulterios

There is a feature in Private Messaging that enables creation of a receipt for a message sender when a recipient member reads the Private Message.
I sent two messages, the first on 15 February 2016 to one member and another message to another member on 20 February 2016. I have yet to a receive confirmation receipts of message reading.
Some members just don't always pay much attention to their new messages and will only read them when they decide to. This is not the best way to conduct business, but not everyone is the same in what they put a priority on.

As such, I wonder how long does it take before members read messages in their inboxes? In other words, how regular do members read messages in their inboxes?
Each person is different. I would think that active members should AT LEAST check and read their messages once a day.

Are there message senders that members simply ignore?
Yes, there are always going to be people who are ignored in forum sites, for one reason or another.

What would happen to a receipt if a receipt simply deleted a message unread?
Then the receipt would never be sent to the sender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.