Help choosing the right Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

samimnoorzaitgc

Hello all!
This is my website: Trusted Traffic Store.co I wish to switch to one of the following domains:
#1: trustedtraffic.store
#2: trustedtrafficstore.web
Which one do you prefer? Which one gives more value?
Thanks in advance.

PTTed

My opinion - The first one is better. Not a huge deal either way, but I can't see any reason to have the "web" in there at all.

If you get any traffic from navigational domain searches - like someone searching for "trustedtrafficstore" or something along those lines, either one should be able to rank. I just like the shorter one better unless you had some logical reason to include the "web" part.

samimnoorzaitgc

Assume I switched the domain to: trustedtraffic.store. Do I need to made the same changes to the logo then? (adding the dot)

PTTed

PTTed
Normally I would say yes - update your logo. But, after looking at your site, I don't think it really matters all that much. The logo isn't that prominent and it doesn't look like you are making a big deal out of your logo. So it probably doesn't really matter. If you feel iffy about it, then yes fix the logo.

Can I ask- How come you want to switch? I think the domain you have right now is just fine. Well, ideally it would be a .COM, but if you can't have that anyway, then it doesn't matter much.

Hawker

I'm thinking that's the reason you want to change right? Because its a .co not a .com and either want a .com or something else and as your current domain name has store in it, making the change to a .store domain might actually make a bit more sense.

But if it's for the reason of ranking, .store's don't have any more authority than a .co does. So in answer to your question which one gives more value, from an SEO perspective none of them do. But from a people perspective, I'd say just the .store one Forget about .web one.

.co's do have their own reputation, the same way that people felt about .info's when they were first released but these days, there are many quality authority sites that are a .info.

I gotta give it up for the .info actually, it was a .info that I paid $5 for and sold for $75k about 7 years ago now when mobile phone recycling was kicking off I totally dominated that niche.

Anyway, I know that's about as relevant to you as a nun in a bar full of hells angels but don't come down on your .co so much.

You have to way up the pros and cons.

Obviously if you change domain names, you have to redirect all your old stuff to the new one, not too much hassle but can get tricky.

Then you have to change loads of other things, give out new links, that kind of thing.

But if you don't have that many backlinks with this domain and wont have to do much of that and you feel better with it then go for it!

ulterios

Hello all!
This is my website: Trusted Traffic Store.co I wish to switch to one of the following domains:
#1: trustedtraffic.store
#2: trustedtrafficstore.web
Which one do you prefer? Which one gives more value?
Thanks in advance.
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to switch?

If I was going to switch, I would just add the "m" and get "trustedtrafficstore.com". The new extensions cause a lot of confusion with people that don't know they even exist. You'll loose traffic by using one of the new extensions because of this and people just typing ".com" at the end of whatever new domain you get that isn't a highly recognized one.

Keep the .co and add the .com if you really want/need a change for any reason.

samimnoorzaitgc

samimnoorzaitgc
The domains I wrote above are "Pre-Registration Domains. I don't enough money right now to pay for a .com. However GoDaddy offers .com domains for $1.17 which can be purchased through Credit Cards that I don't have any yet.

ulterios

ulterios
I was just meaning that if you already have the .co, then why buy a .store or a .web? That's kind of taking a step sideways or backwards.

Some registrars also take Paypal, if you don't have a credit card yet. You might also be able to get a prepaid credit card to use for GoDaddy (and whoever else) credit card purchases.

samimnoorzaitgc

I like the first one you shared. It's easy though to write up. However, how much did you spend for this to buy this domain name. I am much interested to know. Please share.
Not much, just $8.68 for my first purchase from namecheap. Yeah, it's easy to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.